Hundreds await word on vouchers

Hundreds await word on vouchers

There are 7 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Aug 1, 2010, titled Hundreds await word on vouchers. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

More than 300 Ohio students on a waiting list for private-school vouchers are not sure whether they'll get one in the few weeks before school starts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

Lfod

Defiance, OH

#2 Aug 1, 2010
waiting on this is justy a small small preview of the wait for treatment bozo care is bringing SUCKAS!
Pickaway County Farmer

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 1, 2010
Just goes to show how bad our public education has become. Even with all the railing about the bad charter schools, most of the ones being forced to close still had better results than a lot of public schools which can never be closed no matter how many years they fail to teach our kids. There is more to learning and proper education than teaching them how to pass the tests, which is all most public schools do anymore.
ramseyjames

Bellefontaine, OH

#5 Aug 1, 2010
state-funded vouchers help families pay tuition at private schools...>taxpayers monies should never be provided to families who want to send their children to PRIVATE SCHOOLS! I can't remember when the people that provide this money, THE TAXPAYERS, agreed to their tax dollars being given to private enterprises! RIDICULOUS! If parents want to send their kids to private schools, THEY SHOULD PAY THE COSTS, NOT THE TAXPAYERS!
Mark

Lima, OH

#6 Aug 1, 2010
See Separation of School and State:

http://www.schoolandstate.org/home.htm
Mom

Columbus, OH

#7 Aug 1, 2010
ramseyjames wrote:
state-funded vouchers help families pay tuition at private schools...>taxpayers monies should never be provided to families who want to send their children to PRIVATE SCHOOLS! I can't remember when the people that provide this money, THE TAXPAYERS, agreed to their tax dollars being given to private enterprises! RIDICULOUS! If parents want to send their kids to private schools, THEY SHOULD PAY THE COSTS, NOT THE TAXPAYERS!
Hmm, I believe parents are also taxpayers, and they absolutely should have the choice of how their tax money is being spent for the education of their own child. When our founding fathers formed this country, it was never intended for children to be forced into crappy public schools. If public schools were doing a better job of educating kids, there would not be a need for voucher programs! However we all know how bad the Columbus schools SUCK and it is way more damaging to force children to remain in their failing school. It's no different than when the state contracts out services with a private company. If a private company can do it CHEAPER and BETTER than why not? I'm all for efficiency & effectiveness!!
liberated

Columbus, OH

#8 Aug 1, 2010
ramseyjames wrote:
ABSOLUTELY!
It is not just parents who pay taxes for education, however if this continues then ONLY parents should pay education taxes if they DEMAND private schooling! My parents did not get this choice.
Well Heck

Columbus, OH

#10 Aug 2, 2010
I live in the hood, so I'm definately applying for my 3 children next year! I didn't know something like this even existed! I'm so excited!!! Thank you Columbus!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's big school voucher problem Dec 29 Wondering 20
News Study Shows School Vouchers Hurt Students -- Bu... (May '17) Dec 17 This is forum for... 5
News School-voucher opponents clear key signature hu... Aug '17 Solarman 1
News Secessionists push for South to break away from... Aug '17 Hostis Publicus 1
News Texas Senate aiming to move divisive bills at b... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Fundi farts 8
News The Cynical Dishonesty of Anti-Choice - Educati... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Maltamon 1
News Nevada leaders deal blows to school vouchers, p... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Maltamon 1
More from around the web