Amendment temporarily off Fla. ballot

Dec 15, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MyFoxOrlando

A proposal that would repeal Florida's ban on public funding of churches and other religious organizations is off the November 2012 ballot, at least temporarily.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
JayR77

Jasper, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2011

NO to any taxpayer support of religious organizations. Religion is a commercial enterprise depending on after-tax money donated from it's customers and should NOT be supported by unwilling taxpayers.

I will vote NO no matter how much manure covers it on the ballot!
Catholic Veteran

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Judged:

JayR77 wrote:
NO to any taxpayer support of religious organizations. Religion is a commercial enterprise depending on after-tax money donated from it's customers and should NOT be supported by unwilling taxpayers.
I will vote NO no matter how much manure covers it on the ballot!
After the KKK's abduction, beating and castration of the WWI veteran Catholic priest and University of Florida Alumnus who founded the Catholic student center in Gainesville Florida, the state of Florida public schools superintendent prohibitted all public schools in Florida from allowing Catholic priests to teach at Florida public schools.

Earlier, an anti-Catholic state of Florida Attorney General unilaterally stated that if Catholic nuns were teaching in a public school it was not a public school.

Catholic Bishops, Priests and Nuns are the only religous leaders prohibitted from teaching in Florida public schools and public universities. Indeed, Rabbis, Unitarian, Freemason, and Protestant religious leaders do currently teach in Florida's public schools and Universities.

The unequal treatment of Catholic Bishops, Priests, and nuns is a clear violation of U.S. Treaty.

11th generation Catholic Veteran

“Tell the truth, then run”

Since: Mar 11

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

Catholics teaching kids? Bad idea. Nothing good can come out of leaving kids alone with catholic priests.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••