First NM Governor's Debate Goes to Denish for Content and Style

Aug 20, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Democracy for New Mexico

Here's my first take on tonight's gubernatorial debate. More to come. You can check out the video above to see for yourself and/or read the transcript of the live blog conducted tonight by the New Mexico Independent and the Santa Fe New Mexican .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Oh is that right?”

Since: Aug 10

Las Cruces

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Of course. The GOP leadership could not do ventriloquism well enough to prop up Martinez. Maybe her rich donors can buy her a teleprompter.

Since: Oct 08

.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

3

wow shocking ... a rag for the democrats think their candidate for gov won a debate...who cares what you think.
Still Standing

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Maybe we can get her one of those big sponge hands like they use in sporting events so the palm will be big enough.

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

6

4

3

Democracy for New Mexico
An information clearinghouse for the grassroots: Progressive : Active : Inclusive

So that article is pure far left propaganda. Try a more neutral source next time.
Enlighterer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Who in the world made this Judgement, I watched the
total debate, it was the same old crap, we have
heard from the Richardson/Denish for 8 years, and
our state is 49th in Education. Denish, needs to
study facts, before mouthing off, she mentioned
a trip to Encino to visit their school, Encino,
has no school, students there are bused to Vaughn,
in Guadalupe County.
LibsLoveBigGover nment

Mimbres, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

6

4

3

A Liberal State that love a Liberal...go figure...

“Oh is that right?”

Since: Aug 10

Las Cruces

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Deputy276 wrote:
Democracy for New Mexico
An information clearinghouse for the grassroots: Progressive : Active : Inclusive
So that article is pure far left propaganda. Try a more neutral source next time.
Fox News - An information clearinghouse for the pinheaded, retarded, intellectually constipated, non-thinking, guttural speaking, knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, crack and nose picking buffoons that think they, and they only, can save America.
NotBuyingTheCrap p

Mimbres, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Lean a little Left...Lean a little more left...just a little more left...ah, now that looks like New Mexico
Decisive Victory

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Candidate Denish most certainly won the debate. She answered all questions clearly and succinctly despite the "flawed" format for the debate. It seemed at times like the moderator was confused. She has my approval.
Kooch

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Deputy276 wrote:
Democracy for New Mexico
An information clearinghouse for the grassroots: Progressive : Active : Inclusive
So that article is pure far left propaganda. Try a more neutral source next time.
Ditto
Bedrock Bob

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Of course she won. Denish is the only candidate that has ANY experience at managing multiple organizations, the only candidate that has worked with the issues at hand, and the only candidate that has a clue about how this State operates. Susana has nothing except a large mouth and a bossy attitude.

They both did well though. I expected Susana to go way off track much more than she did. She is the queen of not letting anyone tell her what she is going to talk about.

Denish was genuine and answered the questions based on her feelings, beleifs and experience. Susana answered the questions based on a party platform. She has been bought and paid for by the Republican partisans. Susana is their new token coconut that will lead them into a new hispanic future in the Southwest.

It is sickening to see a woman who was once such a proud, frigid Latina be bought and sold like chattel for her skin color and ethnicity. I swear she is JUST LIKE OBAMA.'Hope and Change", "I am going to clean it all up", "Susanamos!" and all the while playing her ethnicity as hard as she can.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Groucho M wrote:
Of course. The GOP leadership could not do ventriloquism well enough to prop up Martinez. Maybe her rich donors can buy her a teleprompter.
Maybe Obama can lend her one of his teleprompters.

“Oh is that right?”

Since: Aug 10

Las Cruces

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

NM Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Obama can lend her one of his teleprompters.
Nah nobody plays that fair. Lord knows he has enough of them.
SUSANAMOS

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 20, 2010
 
SUSANAMOS, I love it! One word says it all!! Thank-you Bedrock Bob.
BLOOD ON HIS HANDS

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yep here they go - there candidate DANISH got
her tail handed to her - could not run from her
record along with Fat Bill so call in the
Dumb as Crap rag that wrote up this story and
then publicize it wide and far.

I listened to the entire debate - Martinez by
a mile - clear, concise messages with a vision
of the future - unlike DANISH looking in the
rear view mirror talking about failed policies
which engendered bigger government, more involvement by the state and of course her only
ANSWER was throw more MONEY at it - that will
fix everything.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Denish refused to make eye contact with Martinez last night. Will she do the same when it comes to the hard decisions in meetings should she be elected? Any politician who can't make eye contact is meek and chickenshit and not a leader.

If yu want more of the same as we've had for the last 8 years, then vote for Denish. She'll continue to hold NM back in the dark ages.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CornDogz wrote:
Denish refused to make eye contact with Martinez last night. Will she do the same when it comes to the hard decisions in meetings should she be elected? Any politician who can't make eye contact is meek and chickenshit and not a leader.
If yu want more of the same as we've had for the last 8 years, then vote for Denish. She'll continue to hold NM back in the dark ages.
Eye contact? And what turn into stone? Come on she made the right decision.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 21, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

So let's see...Denish is the smooth talking, consummate politician who agrees with your "progressive" agenda, which happens to be the same "progressive" agenda as Obama, Reid, and Pelosi?

That's exactly why I'll be voting for Susana Martinez.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 21, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bedrock Bob wrote:
Of course she won. Denish is the only candidate that has ANY experience at managing multiple organizations, the only candidate that has worked with the issues at hand, and the only candidate that has a clue about how this State operates. Susana has nothing except a large mouth and a bossy attitude.
They both did well though. I expected Susana to go way off track much more than she did. She is the queen of not letting anyone tell her what she is going to talk about.
Denish was genuine and answered the questions based on her feelings, beleifs and experience. Susana answered the questions based on a party platform. She has been bought and paid for by the Republican partisans. Susana is their new token coconut that will lead them into a new hispanic future in the Southwest.
It is sickening to see a woman who was once such a proud, frigid Latina be bought and sold like chattel for her skin color and ethnicity. I swear she is JUST LIKE OBAMA.'Hope and Change", "I am going to clean it all up", "Susanamos!" and all the while playing her ethnicity as hard as she can.
You are comparing Susana Martinez and Barack Obama? Now THAT'S funny!

Democracy for New Mexico, where this article came from, is a so-called "progressive" group that supports so-called "progressive" Democrats LIKE Barack Obama. They helped get Obama elected.

Susana Martinez is fighting against their failed policies.

There is absolutely no ideological connection between the two.

Diane Denish = Bill Richardson's third term. New Mexico cannot afford that.
What

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 21, 2010
 
Denish is merely a Hobbs (little texas) born with a silver spoon in her mouth family political lacky. Her only real job was to run a small polling company that worked on political issues and funded by her the family. I'm a democrat but have far more respect for Martinez who maybe has not always made the best choices (who has) but has had to rely on her own abilities. So what she hasnt lived her whole life in NM, neither have I, but that doesnt make her or me in less of a New Mexican.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••