Wednesday's Speakout

Wednesday's Speakout

There are 9 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Dec 1, 2009, titled Wednesday's Speakout. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Streetcar subsidies. Buses already require a subsidy; who would subsidize streetcars? The answer is the general fund.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

NoWay

AOL

#1 Dec 2, 2009
"Vouchers. School vouchers are the only way we're going to get the teachers unions to shape up"
Vouchers are a ploy for religious whack-jobs to get everyone to pay for their kids to go to religious schools. NO THANK YOU. I don't need to pay for the education of the christian taliban
huh

Long Beach, CA

#2 Dec 2, 2009
I find it very hard to believe that a police officer would walk up to a person and tell them they need a haircut.I'm sure they more important things to do.
Seal Beach Rob

Long Beach, CA

#3 Dec 2, 2009
NoWay wrote:
"Vouchers. School vouchers are the only way we're going to get the teachers unions to shape up"
Vouchers are a ploy for religious whack-jobs to get everyone to pay for their kids to go to religious schools. NO THANK YOU. I don't need to pay for the education of the christian taliban
Have you lost your mind? Vouchers are the ONLY way parents can finally show some compassion for their own children.

ONLY Greedy Union thugs could express your point of view. You continue to devalue us all.
lb resident

Long Beach, CA

#4 Dec 2, 2009
huh wrote:
I find it very hard to believe that a police officer would walk up to a person and tell them they need a haircut.I'm sure they more important things to do.
WELL, do you need one?
Justa Person

Lakewood, CA

#5 Dec 2, 2009
Re: "Jobs plan. This Democrat is so glad President Obama has promised us 30,000 new jobs. Too bad they're all in Afghanistan."

But what about the 30,000 jobs in the U.S. vacated by the gals and guys going to Afghanistan?
oh no

Long Beach, CA

#6 Dec 2, 2009
NoWay wrote:
"Vouchers. School vouchers are the only way we're going to get the teachers unions to shape up"
Vouchers are a ploy for religious whack-jobs to get everyone to pay for their kids to go to religious schools. NO THANK YOU. I don't need to pay for the education of the christian taliban
You are so right.Whenever I hear someone speak about school vouchers is some Christan raciest wacko
NoWay

AOL

#7 Dec 2, 2009
Seal Beach Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you lost your mind? Vouchers are the ONLY way parents can finally show some compassion for their own children.
ONLY Greedy Union thugs could express your point of view. You continue to devalue us all.
ONLY?!? No, imbecile, I am not. I don't belong to a union. I am self-employed and work damn hard for my money which is exactly why I don't want it going to some religious school (INCLUDING my own religion!). So MR PSYCHIC, I suggeset you work on those stereotypes in your head--you know the ones you hold so dear in the name of your lord, of course...
LBC Lifer

Cerritos, CA

#8 Dec 2, 2009
oh no wrote:
<quoted text> You are so right.Whenever I hear someone speak about school vouchers is some Christan raciest wacko
I don't agree with 'vouchers', but I CAN tell, easily, you are a product of public education...
susan lusk

Long Beach, CA

#10 Dec 3, 2009
oh no wrote:
<quoted text> You are so right.Whenever I hear someone speak about school vouchers is some Christan raciest wacko
Or possibly, a loving parent who cares about the quality of their childrens' education. You wouldn't understand.

Cal. Schools abandoned public education in favor of marxist/socialist indocrination.

Oh yeah, we're "progressive". Pitiful, pathetic but oh so "progressive".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White students disproportionately use Ohio scho... 19 hr Ronald Rump 2
News Florida NAACP & Black Pastors In Standoff Over ... Jul '16 Whites Not Competent 2
News Platform: Texas Democrats feel strongly on tran... Jun '16 CA DAD 5
News Can school choice help keep kids out of jail? Apr '16 Mark Fursman 5
News In last radio address, Boehner promotes school ... (Oct '15) Mar '16 Phil 16
News Education 52 mins ago 6:49 p.m.House delays vou... (Feb '16) Feb '16 More Facts 2
News NC judge: Private school vouchers unconstitutional (Aug '14) Jan '16 Bob 9
More from around the web