Florida and Wisconsin: How do you like your poison tea?

Feb 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wilson's Almanac

If you want to know what a nation led by the Tea party might look like, look no further than Florida's Rick Scott, who is taking a hacksaw to social programs while giving huge payouts to corporations.

Comments
1 - 20 of 522 Comments Last updated Jun 7, 2012
First Prev
of 27
Next Last
PSD in WI

Saint Joseph, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Judged:

Yes we love them! They pi$$ off all yoou leftwing nuts.
guess what

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Judged:

With no middle class who will shop in your stores, who will eat in your cafes ? You know what a tea bagger is ? A racist, plain and simple. You never heard people referring to our President, Republican or Democrat in such demeaning terms . I worked for County government for years. I worked most holidays, double shifts at the last moment, and now I have greedy bigots who made more in the private sector reaching into my pocket. I am sure middle class will be a term referenced in the past. We will have rich and poor. Egypt can and will happen here.
MrQ

Vernon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

man I love gov. scott

just told the feds to shove their silly tampa-orlando disneyworld space train boondoggle

the tea party man takin' a stand

Rick Rocks!
vickiga

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

It's a one hour drive from Orlando to Tampa, and it is straight interstate. I drive the I-4 corridor twice a week, and it isn't that bad. Who in their right mind is going to wait for a train and then have to rent a car to get around once you get to either Tampa or Orlando. Why not just rent the car at the airport, and avoid the wait for a train. The train was not going to be high speed, so this was nothing but one big waste of money. Thank goodness Rick Scott said NO.
Happy

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

MrQ wrote:
man I love gov. scott
just told the feds to shove their silly tampa-orlando disneyworld space train boondoggle
the tea party man takin' a stand
Rick Rocks!
You are a pure nut. You can't look at this mess in Fl?? After the bush boys Fl has nothing. But you can but a cheap house here now if you don't need a job to pay for it. What work they are is done by Mexicans here thanks to Jeb and his Mexican wife. After Scott Fl will be a joke. It is about there now.
Happy

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

vickiga wrote:
It's a one hour drive from Orlando to Tampa, and it is straight interstate. I drive the I-4 corridor twice a week, and it isn't that bad. Who in their right mind is going to wait for a train and then have to rent a car to get around once you get to either Tampa or Orlando. Why not just rent the car at the airport, and avoid the wait for a train. The train was not going to be high speed, so this was nothing but one big waste of money. Thank goodness Rick Scott said NO.
Yep! Anything that will give Fl work is a waste. I-4 is a beat up mess. Lets not waste money in Fl ,lets send it to Iraq. By the way what did Jeb do with our Money???
LearnTheTruth

Yulee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

This is America not Europe or Japan. This is a "project" that would do nothing but waste money. You want to build a high speed rail? Plan it out a little better with a starting point and a destination that makes sense. How about D.C. to Miami with stops at other major cities, Atlanta, Orlando, etc...
MrQ

Vernon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Happy wrote:
<quoted text>You are a pure nut. You can't look at this mess in Fl?? After the bush boys Fl has nothing. But you can but a cheap house here now if you don't need a job to pay for it. What work they are is done by Mexicans here thanks to Jeb and his Mexican wife. After Scott Fl will be a joke. It is about there now.
oh you poor baby

did your sorry joke alex sink get beat?

I bet this dork voted for charlie crist too - jeb bush's butt baby

maybe you should try georgia

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

LearnTheTruth wrote:
This is America not Europe or Japan. This is a "project" that would do nothing but waste money. You want to build a high speed rail? Plan it out a little better with a starting point and a destination that makes sense. How about D.C. to Miami with stops at other major cities, Atlanta, Orlando, etc...
That already exists, and you can take your car with you too. Expensive though.
AMF

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Pam Iorio's comments about this subject say it all. Rick Scott is not a govenor. He is hoping to ride the "tea party" into the white house. I don't care what your affiliations, surely you can see that he has no interest in what is best for Florida. All the childish retoric being bandied about (MrQ)serves no purpose. It is not a game of who can best who. We need leadership in Florida now.
FLNative

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Scott wants to cut non-essential spending while lowering property taxes and luring corporations to relocate here and create real jobs (not make-work federal train project boondoggles). But according to this blogger, what he really should be doing is raising taxes during the deepest FL recession in decades while raising gov't. spending so that we can join states like CA and Il and NJ in fiscal disaster. That's basically the gist of Wilsonboy's Almanac.
MrQ

Vernon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

this is the administration that wants to shut down NASA and cape canaveral

then they want to foist whiz-bang pork projects on us in place of what was truly great
MrQ

Vernon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That already exists, and you can take your car with you too. Expensive though.
I do a lot of business with amtrak tman

they have trouble getting enough customers as it is

the goblama hacks trying to sell this bs are claiming the thing would get as much traffic as the new york-DC branch would get - pure fanstasy

this thing was a plum for disneyworld so that people could fly to orlando or tampa and get to see mickey quicker
Happy

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

MrQ wrote:
this is the administration that wants to shut down NASA and cape canaveral
then they want to foist whiz-bang pork projects on us in place of what was truly great
Yep! We need to shut it down or move it to Iraq. We don't need work here in Fl. We have old folks and food joints.The Bush boys has already fix Fl. We have cheap labor and cheap homes here now. Scott will see that it stays that way also.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Yes! The article reveals that the phenonomen of redistribution of wealth is occuring.

The ignorant writer refers to a tax cut as a "pay out" but nevertheles.....

Money is being taken from state employees and given back to taxpayers!!

I think that the writer implied that the Republican governor is setting aside money for a Republican slush fund. Wow!!! If that's true then I wonder where he got that idea! Will he call it "stimulus" I wonder?

Yes, the writer is right, it is a war.

The thing is that the Leftists have been waging it for some time now, in the schools, media, government, academia, now they want the sciences, but everyone else was in denial. "That can't happen here, and look, they are just peacefully protesting and exercising their voting rights".

Now that they are crawling all over a government building and organizers paid for by International Union funds are holding up signs telling people to "block the south hall to keep Republicans (elected through the democratic process) from a quorum" people are more and more seeing just how extreme the situation is.

These people are crapping all over the 1st Amendment, the democratic-republican process, and America itself. Their interests know no loyalty to any country or political party and obviously to their state.

Yes, the war was waged long ago and finally there is a response. They are being forced to show themselves.

All they know is brute force.
MrQ

Vernon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Happy wrote:
<quoted text>Yep! We need to shut it down or move it to Iraq. We don't need work here in Fl. We have old folks and food joints.The Bush boys has already fix Fl. We have cheap labor and cheap homes here now. Scott will see that it stays that way also.
no, you need to shut up and move to georgia

we don't need your weak azz here f-ing up our state

go cry on jimmuh's shoulder and he'll build you a nice house
Optimus Subprime

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Happy wrote:
<quoted text>Yep! We need to shut it down or move it to Iraq. We don't need work here in Fl. We have old folks and food joints.The Bush boys has already fix Fl. We have cheap labor and cheap homes here now. Scott will see that it stays that way also.
Having the Federal Government continually borrow money from overseas investors to create make-work jobs is a recipe for disaster. Is your share if the national debt not large enough already? Or are you one of the 50%ers who pay no net Federal income taxes and hopes against hope the ride won't stop?
MrQ

Vernon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Optimus Subprime wrote:
<quoted text>
Having the Federal Government continually borrow money from overseas investors to create make-work jobs is a recipe for disaster. Is your share if the national debt not large enough already? Or are you one of the 50%ers who pay no net Federal income taxes and hopes against hope the ride won't stop?
goblama came to florida to shut down NASA
then he tried to foist his flash gordon toy train on us

he shuts down the greatest achievement in human history
then offers us a fast ride to disneyworld

the b-stard is gone in 2012

rock on Rick!
Georgia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

guess what wrote:
With no middle class who will shop in your stores, who will eat in your cafes ? You know what a tea bagger is ? A racist, plain and simple. You never heard people referring to our President, Republican or Democrat in such demeaning terms . I worked for County government for years. I worked most holidays, double shifts at the last moment, and now I have greedy bigots who made more in the private sector reaching into my pocket. I am sure middle class will be a term referenced in the past. We will have rich and poor. Egypt can and will happen here.
Very funny. I work part time in state government and government workers are the laziest people I've ever worked with. They sit around all day talking and playing computer games and then tell people how hard and long they work. Oh sure, now and then they may have to work a holiday or extra hours, but then they get comp-time off or get time and a half for overtime, all along sitting on their lazy asses doing little of nothing. Then their benefits are outrageous, paid health insurance the rest of us would love to have and more holidays and vacation than the private sector gets.

Don't tell me government workers are good workers. I've seen it for myself and they disgust me!!!!!
Georgia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Oh, I forgot to mention retirement. Wow, I'd love to have retirement like that. Government workers are all jerks!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••