Corbett administration backs school v...

Corbett administration backs school vouchers but does not endorse a bill sponsored by Sen. Jeffre...

There are 3 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Feb 16, 2011, titled Corbett administration backs school vouchers but does not endorse a bill sponsored by Sen. Jeffre.... In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Gov. Tom Corbett's month-old administration on Wednesday officially endorsed the use of taxpayers' money to enable low-income students in failing public schools to transfer to private schools, but stopped short of backing a more far-reaching legislative plan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Psycho Bob Hoffman

New Freedom, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2011
QUOTE: "I'm available and easy to find. I'm a lonely, lonely man," said Sen. Daylin Leach, D-Montgomery"

Come on down to York, Leachy. Plenty of friends to be found from South Queen Street all the way up to Club XS. It's a great town for a midnight stroll or troll. I guarantee you'll meet someone who will be interested in you, or my name's not Psycho Bob.
Hershey Inn

York, PA

#2 Feb 16, 2011
Psycho Bob Hoffman wrote:
QUOTE: "I'm available and easy to find. I'm a lonely, lonely man," said Sen. Daylin Leach, D-Montgomery"
Come on down to York, Leachy. Plenty of friends to be found from South Queen Street all the way up to Club XS. It's a great town for a midnight stroll or troll. I guarantee you'll meet someone who will be interested in you, or my name's not Psycho Bob.
Ah! What with the sudden name change Psycho? Just last week it was "Homo Bobby"!
Concerned parent

Edinboro, PA

#5 Feb 28, 2011
I completely agree with the voucher system. The laws currently established deal with "disadvantaged" children and no child left behind. What about the children who are ahead of their class and either gifted or willing to work hard to get good grades? The programs in public schools designed for them meet once per week and really only offer more work not more challenging work. I wasn't "disadvantaged" enough but I couldn't afford private school either. I petitioned the school board to allow my child to graduate a year early because regular public school curriculum didn't challenge her enough despite the intense class schedule she was taking. The first time, they said it wasn't allowed because of no child left behind; I fought that and finally they approved my request. We have so many programs for minorities and slower learners how about getting some programs out there for the middle class Caucasians who work hard!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas Senate aiming to move divisive bills at b... Jul 20 Fundi farts 8
News The Cynical Dishonesty of Anti-Choice - Educati... Jun '17 Maltamon 1
News Nevada leaders deal blows to school vouchers, p... Jun '17 Maltamon 1
News What to Watch: Why school vouchers may be back ... May '17 Maltamon 5
News DeVos booed speaking at historically black univ... May '17 Bob 5
News Study Shows School Vouchers Hurt Students -- Bu... May '17 slick willie expl... 3
News Education Reform: Go Ahead, Sweat the Small Stuff May '17 Maltamon 1
More from around the web