Tell lawmakers you oppose same-sex ma...

Tell lawmakers you oppose same-sex marriage

There are 363 comments on the Daily Journal story from Dec 9, 2009, titled Tell lawmakers you oppose same-sex marriage. In it, Daily Journal reports that:

The lame-duck session of our state Legislature is upon us, which must mean the issue of same-sex marriage is on the front burner again.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Journal.

Since: May 08

Beggs, OK

#22 Dec 12, 2009
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as you've told me many times.
Yes what?

Beggs, OK

#23 Dec 12, 2009
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
It just irks you to say it out loud since your beliefs don't fit in with scripture, doesn't it...

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#24 Dec 12, 2009
It is a lie. Here he can't understand the big words like choice and certainly doesn't understand sense of choice

http://www.apa.org/topics/sorientation.html

Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#25 Dec 12, 2009
BlueLamp wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes what?
Yes, you've posted that many times. I get it.

Beggs, OK

#26 Dec 12, 2009
Honest AbeL wrote:
It is a lie. Here he can't understand the big words like choice and certainly doesn't understand sense of choice
Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.
<quoted text>
Yes "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

The few that do are bisexual. You don't understand that?

Beggs, OK

#27 Dec 12, 2009
Honest AbeL wrote:
Again you lie. They do not say that at all.
<quoted text>
Wrong.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_expr.ht...
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#28 Dec 12, 2009
BlueLamp wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
And how do bisexuals choose their sexual orientation?

Beggs, OK

#29 Dec 12, 2009
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you've posted that many times. I get it.
You obviously don't get it considering your anti-gay hateful anti-American rhetoric.

Beggs, OK

#30 Dec 12, 2009
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do bisexuals choose their sexual orientation?
They don't, but they experience a sense of choice in choosing which gender to be with...which leads to the confusion that they have a "choice or 'sense of choice' in their sexuality". Some claim they're "straight" or "gay" depending on who they're shacking up with. The truth is though, that if they're attracted to both sexes they're bisexual, were since puberty, and always will be. But then you knew that.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#31 Dec 12, 2009
BlueLamp wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't, but they experience a sense of choice in choosing which gender to be with...which leads to the confusion that they have a "choice or 'sense of choice' in their sexuality". Some claim they're "straight" or "gay" depending on who they're shacking up with. The truth is though, that if they're attracted to both sexes they're bisexual, were since puberty, and always will be. But then you knew that.
Yes, I did know that.

Beggs, OK

#32 Dec 12, 2009
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did know that.
You're an odd one to be sure. You understand sexuality but you think God doesn't. Weird.

Location hidden

#33 Dec 12, 2009
That just isn't true but nice try
BlueLamp wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#34 Dec 12, 2009
Nice I went right to the APA and you go to a third party. That is sad
BlueLamp wrote:

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#35 Dec 12, 2009
Honest AbeL wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually read this?

Here is what it states about changing a person's sexual orientation:
What about therapy intended to change sexual orientation from gay to straight?

All major national mental health organizations have officially expressed concerns about therapies promoted to modify sexual orientation. To date, there has been no scientifically adequate research to show that therapy aimed at changing sexual orientation (sometimes called reparative or conversion therapy) is safe or effective. Furthermore, it seems likely that the promotion of change therapies reinforces stereotypes and contributes to a negative climate for lesbian, gay, and bisexual persons. This appears to be especially likely for lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals who grow up in more conservative religious settings.

Helpful responses of a therapist treating an individual who is troubled about her or his samesex attractions include helping that person actively cope with social prejudices against homosexuality, successfully resolve issues associated with and resulting from internal conflicts, and actively lead a happy and satisfying life. Mental health professional organizations call on their members to respect a personís (clientís) right to selfdetermination; be sensitive to the clientís race, culture, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, language, and disability status when working with that client; and eliminate biases based on these factors.

You don't seem to truly understand that only bisexuals truly have a "CHOICE".......the rest of us are either heterosexual, Gay or Lesbian.

I truly wish people would QUIT TRYING TO TELL ME ABOUT MY LIFE.

Location hidden

#36 Dec 12, 2009
About your life? You think I don't have a sexual orientation because I am straight? I am not sure why you are looking for a reason to feel insulted. Do you think it is only about people changing from gay to hetro? Does it not work the other way too? This isn't about you and your life. Not everything said revolves around you. It just seems you want to be mad today. I hope everything is okay
Rose T-H wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually read this?
Here is what it states about changing a person's sexual orientation:
What about therapy intended to change sexual orientation from gay to straight?
All major national mental health organizations have officially expressed concerns about therapies promoted to modify sexual orientation. To date, there has been no scientifically adequate research to show that therapy aimed at changing sexual orientation (sometimes called reparative or conversion therapy) is safe or effective. Furthermore, it seems likely that the promotion of change therapies reinforces stereotypes and contributes to a negative climate for lesbian, gay, and bisexual persons. This appears to be especially likely for lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals who grow up in more conservative religious settings.
Helpful responses of a therapist treating an individual who is troubled about her or his samesex attractions include helping that person actively cope with social prejudices against homosexuality, successfully resolve issues associated with and resulting from internal conflicts, and actively lead a happy and satisfying life. Mental health professional organizations call on their members to respect a personís (clientís) right to selfdetermination; be sensitive to the clientís race, culture, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, language, and disability status when working with that client; and eliminate biases based on these factors.
You don't seem to truly understand that only bisexuals truly have a "CHOICE".......the rest of us are either heterosexual, Gay or Lesbian.
I truly wish people would QUIT TRYING TO TELL ME ABOUT MY LIFE.

#37 Dec 12, 2009
Honest AbeL wrote:
About your life? You think I don't have a sexual orientation because I am straight? I am not sure why you are looking for a reason to feel insulted. Do you think it is only about people changing from gay to hetro? Does it not work the other way too? This isn't about you and your life. Not everything said revolves around you. It just seems you want to be mad today. I hope everything is okay
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you think that.

For the most part I don't believe that anyone has gone from straight to gay......unless of course they're bisexual......but seeing that I am a hundred percent a Lesbian.......I don't really follow those who switch hit.

See.....I am not in here to defend a person's right to be a switch hitter......am concerned with my right to have my marriage be federally recognized.

People who I have met either in person or through e-mail.....I tend to not engage them because I know where they stand and I truly try to respect that.

I truly believe that my marriage has no impact on yours and until we met up in these forums......you never knew that my wife and I are part of 18,000 legally married same-sex couples.

Take Care and know that everything is good.

“My Two Cents”

Since: Nov 09

Waukesha, Wisconsin

#38 Dec 12, 2009
Rose T-H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you think that.
For the most part I don't believe that anyone has gone from straight to gay......unless of course they're bisexual......but seeing that I am a hundred percent a Lesbian.......I don't really follow those who switch hit.
See.....I am not in here to defend a person's right to be a switch hitter......am concerned with my right to have my marriage be federally recognized.
People who I have met either in person or through e-mail.....I tend to not engage them because I know where they stand and I truly try to respect that.
I truly believe that my marriage has no impact on yours and until we met up in these forums......you never knew that my wife and I are part of 18,000 legally married same-sex couples.
Take Care and know that everything is good.
You know what Rose? I may oppose gay marriage, but I must say that you have got to be the most polite, non-attacking and respectful person in this thread. I give you credit for standing your ground in the way that you do. I'm glad that you're not like the majority of the gays in here. You're actually a very nice person. Kudos to you.:)

#39 Dec 12, 2009
JNielsen71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what Rose? I may oppose gay marriage, but I must say that you have got to be the most polite, non-attacking and respectful person in this thread. I give you credit for standing your ground in the way that you do. I'm glad that you're not like the majority of the gays in here. You're actually a very nice person. Kudos to you.:)
Thank you......I do try and though I may not always be successful.....when I am wrong about my attitude and come off badly....I will apologize.

I understand those who oppose allowing a Same-Sex Couple the right to marry.......but I also know that Civil Unions won't work either unless it is for all.

Truly.....I am not in here trying to shove my marriage in anyone's face.......I am a strong believer that if an opposite-sex couple's marriage is recognized in all 50 states and the federal government.....then so should mine.

I wish you and your family a joyous happy holiday season.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#40 Dec 12, 2009
In New Jersey, our Supreme Court ruled that gay people must have equal treatment under our state's Constitution, they left it up to the legislature on how to implement it, either via civil unions or inclusion in our marriage laws. The legislature opted for civil unions.

Unfortunately, we know from our history that separate is never equal, and that's exactly what the NJ Civil Union Review Commission found when it reviewed civil unions in the state. The legislature has no choice but to enact civil marriage laws, or our supreme court will order it. Either way, we will have marriage equality here in New Jersey.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#41 Dec 12, 2009
BlueLamp wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an odd one to be sure. You understand sexuality but you think God doesn't. Weird.
What would make you think I believe God doesn't understand sexuality? God made sexuality. And God understands everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study Shows School Vouchers Hurt Students -- Bu... (May '17) Sun This is forum for... 5
News School-voucher opponents clear key signature hu... Aug '17 Solarman 1
News Secessionists push for South to break away from... Aug '17 Hostis Publicus 1
News Texas Senate aiming to move divisive bills at b... Jul '17 Fundi farts 8
News The Cynical Dishonesty of Anti-Choice - Educati... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Maltamon 1
News Nevada leaders deal blows to school vouchers, p... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Maltamon 1
News What to Watch: Why school vouchers may be back ... (May '17) May '17 Maltamon 5
More from around the web