Tell lawmakers you oppose same-sex marriage

The lame-duck session of our state Legislature is upon us, which must mean the issue of same-sex marriage is on the front burner again. Full Story
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 9, 2009
I will tell them I support the right of people to marry whomever they love.

“My Two Cents”

Since: Nov 09

Waukesha, Wisconsin

#3 Dec 11, 2009
I oppose same-sex marriage. Believe me, I've signed many petitions voting against this issue. I think the anti-gay voters are making extreme headway!

“Hello homo sapiens sapiens.”

Since: Mar 07

A galaxy near you.

#4 Dec 11, 2009
equalityboy81 wrote:
I will tell them I support the right of people to marry whomever they love.
I fully agree and I've signed many petitions for that particular purpose. Don't you find it hilarious when Homophobes'R'Us win by an itty bitty 4% margin and shout "Landslide Victory!"

Forest Gump was right, stupid is as stupid does;0)

The entire US of A

#5 Dec 12, 2009
Honest AbeL wrote:
Most degenerates would agree with you
<quoted text>
So, you believe it is "degenerate" to marry? That kids are "degenerate" when they have married parents?

That wanting recognition, security, and a thousand or more benefits and protections for those you love is "degenerate"?

You have odd ideas.

I feel rather sorry for your family.

The entire US of A

#6 Dec 12, 2009
JNielsen71 wrote:
I oppose same-sex marriage. Believe me, I've signed many petitions voting against this issue. I think the anti-gay voters are making extreme headway!
Why do you hate other families so much?

Why do you believe that gay couples should not have the same protections and security that you have for yourself? Why is it better for the tens of thousands of good kids that gay folks raise to have unmarried parents? How does it make them more secure?

How does a gay couple having the same security in marriage that you demand, harm you in any way, and how do families having such security harm society in general?

Why do we teach the value of marriage to children, but take it back if we find out a child is gay? Why is that child better off if they know at a young age that they can never have the same sort of life their parents may have had? How is discouraging love and commitment a good message for gay kids?

How does the knowledge that society will never recognize any family they form help them to grow up and make healthy choices?
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#7 Dec 12, 2009
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate other families so much
Why do you assume she hates families?
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#8 Dec 12, 2009
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do you believe that gay couples should not have the same protections and security that you have for yourself?
Homosexuality is against the law of God.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#9 Dec 12, 2009
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it better for the tens of thousands of good kids that gay folks raise to have unmarried parents? How does it make them more secure?
Both gays and unmarried people have no business parenting children.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#10 Dec 12, 2009
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a gay couple having the same security in marriage that you demand, harm you in any way, and how do families having such security harm society in general?
Because those who want gay marriage today will be the same crowd attacking religious freedom tomorrow. A victory for them is a defeat for religious freedom.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#11 Dec 12, 2009
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do we teach the value of marriage to children, but take it back if we find out a child is gay? Why is that child better off if they know at a young age that they can never have the same sort of life their parents may have had? How is discouraging love and commitment a good message for gay kids?
How does the knowledge that society will never recognize any family they form help them to grow up and make healthy choices?
All kids need to be taught homosexuality is not an acceptable lifestyle. Young people who are struggling with their sexuality need to be guided away from indulging their temptations, and instructed to overcome the flesh in order to remain within the Grace of God. You do not encourage young people to do what is wrong just because doing wrong feels good.
Chris

Blytheville, AR

#12 Dec 12, 2009
Quest wrote:

That's a very simple question.

Here's a very simple answer.

If the unholy, ungodly Gays are allowed to marry and the world doesn't come to a grinding halt, or the sky doesn't fall - it will very clearly point out to everyone the anti-gay marriage crowd are nothing more than a bunch of blithering idiots. They have invested way too much time, money and effort to be so easily proven wrong. So to avoid being proven wrong (so easily) they will make sure the world DOES come to a grinding halt and the sky DOES indeed fall. We just can't allow that.

Really simple isn't it?

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#13 Dec 12, 2009
Civil law is not dependent upon your beliefs in a particular god or gods.
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is against the law of God.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#14 Dec 12, 2009
ACLU-Tom wrote:
Civil law is not dependent upon your beliefs in a particular god or gods.
<quoted text>
Hi Tom. It is when the majority of the voting public agrees with me. Go take it up with the ACLU.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#15 Dec 12, 2009
Why not talk to yourself? It is obvious you want to make up my part of the conversation as well as your own
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe it is "degenerate" to marry? That kids are "degenerate" when they have married parents?
That wanting recognition, security, and a thousand or more benefits and protections for those you love is "degenerate"?
You have odd ideas.
I feel rather sorry for your family.

“My Two Cents”

Since: Nov 09

Waukesha, Wisconsin

#16 Dec 12, 2009
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a very simple question.
Here's a very simple answer.
If the unholy, ungodly Gays are allowed to marry and the world doesn't come to a grinding halt, or the sky doesn't fall - it will very clearly point out to everyone the anti-gay marriage crowd are nothing more than a bunch of blithering idiots. They have invested way too much time, money and effort to be so easily proven wrong. So to avoid being proven wrong (so easily) they will make sure the world DOES come to a grinding halt and the sky DOES indeed fall. We just can't allow that.
Really simple isn't it?
On the contrary...we haven't been proven wrong. There's no logical reasoning for us to be proven wrong. The gays are the blithering idiots who think they have something to prove. Us straight people are voicing our opinons to put a halt to the atrocities gays are trying cause in our communities with this sick and immoral lifestyle. OUR voice will be heard much more than yours...you WILL see that one way or another, whether you like it or not. We WILL prevail in the end.

Location hidden

#17 Dec 12, 2009
We all see who the true hater is
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate other families so much?
Why do you believe that gay couples should not have the same protections and security that you have for yourself? Why is it better for the tens of thousands of good kids that gay folks raise to have unmarried parents? How does it make them more secure?

Since: May 08

Beggs, OK

#18 Dec 12, 2009
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tom. It is when the majority of the voting public agrees with me. Go take it up with the ACLU.
Right. That's what the ACLU is all about, lol.

http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com/

Since: May 08

Beggs, OK

#19 Dec 12, 2009
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
All kids need to be taught homosexuality is not an acceptable lifestyle. Young people who are struggling with their sexuality need to be guided away from indulging their temptations, and instructed to overcome the flesh in order to remain within the Grace of God. You do not encourage young people to do what is wrong just because doing wrong feels good.
What nonsense.

The American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Counseling Association, the National Association of Social Workers, the World Health Organization, and the American Academy of Pediatrics all say that homosexuality isn't a choice, can't be changed, and trying to change it is harmful.

The technology that would easily prove if anyone had ever changed their sexuality has been available and affordable for decades and yet not one person has ever shown that they changed their sexuality, not even from gay to bisexual.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#20 Dec 12, 2009
BlueLamp wrote:
<quoted text>
What nonsense.
The American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Counseling Association, the National Association of Social Workers, the World Health Organization, and the American Academy of Pediatrics all say that homosexuality isn't a choice, can't be changed, and trying to change it is harmful.
The technology that would easily prove if anyone had ever changed their sexuality has been available and affordable for decades and yet not one person has ever shown that they changed their sexuality, not even from gay to bisexual.
Yes, as you've told me many times.

Location hidden

#21 Dec 12, 2009
Again you lie. They do not say that at all.
BlueLamp wrote:
<quoted text>
What nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walker, Burke have clear contrasts on education Sep '14 Harry 2
5 things to know about Wisconsin governor's race Sep '14 QUITTNER on Sep 9... 2
NC judge: Private school vouchers unconstitutional Aug '14 Phil 8
Florida teachers challenge voucher expansion Jul '14 Phil 2
School choice just makes sense (Apr '14) Apr '14 MaltaMon 1
Michael McShane: Politico's Voucher Story Is Bogus (Mar '14) Mar '14 The Dude 1
Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton together again to tal... (Mar '14) Mar '14 RayOne 1

School Vouchers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE