Boehner Hopes to Revive DC School Vou...

Boehner Hopes to Revive DC School Voucher Program

There are 5 comments on the TownHall.com story from Jan 26, 2011, titled Boehner Hopes to Revive DC School Voucher Program. In it, TownHall.com reports that:

GOP House Speaker John Boehner and independent Sen. Joe Lieberman introduced legislation Wednesday to revive a school voucher program for District of Columbia students nearly two years after Congress began phasing it out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TownHall.com.

CONSERVATIVE

Commerce, GA

#2 Jan 27, 2011
Cry Baby wrote:
Boehner did nothing for the people in Ohio why would anybody think he would care about the rest of the Country ?? This man needs to see a shrink . He's not well like others in Washington DC .
I think you misjudge him. Give him a chance. If he fails we vote him out. Just like we will the rest who talk the talk, but do not walk the walk.
inquiring mind

Brooksville, FL

#3 Jan 27, 2011
Who is that buck-toothed man with the stringy hair and the gray wrinkled suit that's usually seen standing to Speaker John Boehner's left when he has a press conference ?
notoorangeman

Perkasie, PA

#4 Jan 27, 2011
Cry Baby wrote:
Boehner did nothing for the people in Ohio why would anybody think he would care about the rest of the Country ?? This man needs to see a shrink . He's not well like others in Washington DC .
I agree, at the State of the Union he looked like he has some mental retardation in him. His face and mannerisisms. I met him in Jan. 2007 and without knowing who he was walked away thinking what an a hole he was.
Bravo

Westwood, NJ

#5 Jan 27, 2011
notoorangeman wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, at the State of the Union he looked like he has some mental retardation in him. His face and mannerisisms. I met him in Jan. 2007 and without knowing who he was walked away thinking what an a hole he was.
We already knew he was owned by rich special interests so it's not a complete surprise. As disgusting as this is, at least he doesn't pretend to be anything else than this as opposed to the many Democrats who talk about certain ideas of the left but then throw their support behind Big Finance, Big Insurance and Big Pharma. Boehner is sleazy, but at least predictable. It wouldn't be so bad to see some Democrats be a bit more predictable, in a good kind of way. Kicking the left and then promoting a center-right agenda isn't what we should expect from Democrats.
ADH

Garland, TX

#12 Feb 14, 2012
Well, they were successful in getting this wonderful program reauthorized back then. More than 1600 low income children are benefitting from it.

Now, Obama's new "budget" eliminates funding for the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program. The program has a 91% graduation rate compared to 55% for the public schools in D.C.

By all metrics, it is hugely successful. So much for Obama's saying that his administration is interested in funding programs "that work". He is standing in solidarity with the big unions that support him.

Obama has to be a one term president. We can't afford four more years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump tours private school in Florida, promotin... Mar 5 Whip Nude Cheeks 1
News Vouchers do not improve student achievement, St... Feb 28 Maltamon 1
News DeVos protester released after pleading not gui... Feb '17 Robin Obrien 3
News Protest marks public school visit by new educat... Feb '17 Covenant 4 Noah M... 1
News Betsy DeVos picked for education secretary Feb '17 PoorHarlotInceztL... 49
News Reform Rabbis Slam Betsy DeVos for 'Christian' ... Feb '17 MichaelN 10
News 5 faith facts about Betsy DeVos Feb '17 MichaelN 2
More from around the web