Fact Check: Are Us Students Really That Bad?

Full story: CBS News
America's moms and dads are getting a good scolding: Your kids are lagging behind students all around the world. Read more

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 May 18, 2009
it is really bad! recently 120,000 were polled at high school graduations thruout the country and 70,000 could not even read their diploma!!! until 1930 the u.s. was tops in the world on literacy!! she is now 62d on the illiteracy list of appx 180 nations!!- grades 1-6 show above average - 7-9 average - 10-12 below average!! it is not the students!! it is teacher incompetency and textbook inaccuracies topping the list!! rather than fixing the system the government goes overseas and brings foreign nationals in to bandaid repair a very broken system!!
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#2 May 18, 2009
Education is not necessary. Schools these days are just liberal indoctrination centers. Teach your children at home and keep them away from union teachers!
Godzilla

United States

#3 May 18, 2009
I think our education system has been dumbed down through multiculturalist instruction and tens of millions of third world pissants. Teachers are forced to teach "feel good" revisionist history and slow down the good students through extra attention to all of the joses, pedros, and tyrones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Beilue: Pastors best thing for schools since chalk Mar 16 Paul Porter1 28
News Gospel singer launches pro-education effort (Jul '06) Dec '14 Film Director Phil 4
News Election brings new GOP power to state capitols Nov '14 barefoot2626 20
News Walker, Burke have clear contrasts on education (Sep '14) Sep '14 Harry 2
News 5 things to know about Wisconsin governor's race (Sep '14) Sep '14 QUITTNER on Sep 9... 2
News NC judge: Private school vouchers unconstitutional (Aug '14) Aug '14 Phil 8
News Florida teachers challenge voucher expansion (Jul '14) Jul '14 Phil 2
More from around the web