Fact Check: Are Us Students Really That Bad?

Full story: CBS News

America's moms and dads are getting a good scolding: Your kids are lagging behind students all around the world.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated May 18, 2009

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

it is really bad! recently 120,000 were polled at high school graduations thruout the country and 70,000 could not even read their diploma!!! until 1930 the u.s. was tops in the world on literacy!! she is now 62d on the illiteracy list of appx 180 nations!!- grades 1-6 show above average - 7-9 average - 10-12 below average!! it is not the students!! it is teacher incompetency and textbook inaccuracies topping the list!! rather than fixing the system the government goes overseas and brings foreign nationals in to bandaid repair a very broken system!!
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Education is not necessary. Schools these days are just liberal indoctrination centers. Teach your children at home and keep them away from union teachers!
Godzilla

Hockessin, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

I think our education system has been dumbed down through multiculturalist instruction and tens of millions of third world pissants. Teachers are forced to teach "feel good" revisionist history and slow down the good students through extra attention to all of the joses, pedros, and tyrones.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••