Your view: Letters to the editor (Sep...

Your view: Letters to the editor (Sept. 30)

There are 11 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Your view: Letters to the editor (Sept. 30). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

There is an old joke: "A little girl asked her father, do all fairy tales begin with 'Once upon a time?' The father replied, 'No, some begin with - If I am elected.' " This is the case with gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez, the daughter of El Paso boxing legend Jake Martinez.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Thel Lone Stranger

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Sep 30, 2010
"He who screams the loudess usually is the guilty one." So Sussie Q wants to clean up the governors office? With her weak record as one of NM's crime fighters, I am sure she and her cronnies will fill their pockets as she did with the SW Boarder Procesution Initiative Fund. While I do not agree with everything the current administration has done, I do feel we will slip backwards with Sussie Q in charge. Facts are facts and nothing in Sussie Q's political adds about Diane Denish have any substance. In fact the one that got my attention was something to do with "just before Christmas she fired....Bah, Bah, Bah." Really?? Give the NM voters some intelligence. We do not need a Sussie Q for gov., God help us is that happens.
I spose

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Thel Lone Stranger wrote:
"He who screams the loudess usually is the guilty one." So Sussie Q wants to clean up the governors office? With her weak record as one of NM's crime fighters, I am sure she and her cronnies will fill their pockets as she did with the SW Boarder Procesution Initiative Fund. While I do not agree with everything the current administration has done, I do feel we will slip backwards with Sussie Q in charge. Facts are facts and nothing in Sussie Q's political adds about Diane Denish have any substance. In fact the one that got my attention was something to do with "just before Christmas she fired....Bah, Bah, Bah." Really?? Give the NM voters some intelligence. We do not need a Sussie Q for gov., God help us is that happens.
Your ignorance is rather evident. Share it with others of your IQ.
Tony M

Chaparral, NM

#3 Sep 30, 2010
So let's go w/ Denish that has had 8 years of tutoring from the (illegal immigrant loving, I'm a mexican not white, dumb down education) Richardson. Status quo is alot safer than taking a chance on someone new. BTW vouchers like everyhting else the government provides usually go to those that contribute the least to taxes and society.
Boomer Sooner

White Sands Missile Range, NM

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Hey Gene Lennes you forgot about the Big Fat Wolf and his scraggly LT sidekick who raped and pillaged the towns and taxpayers of this state and drove it into bankrupcy.. You need to wait until five to start drinking
Gnu

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 30, 2010
Hell Lennes, the state has been facing a "grim reality" for the past umpteen years under you Democrats. NM is still on the bottom of the heap. I'd like to find a way to keep professional rabble-rousers like you out of the equation.

Since: Aug 10

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Sep 30, 2010
I spose wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance is rather evident. Share it with others of your IQ.
No: yours is showing. If you knew any relevant facts, you would have provided them. Easier to be as smart as a doorknob and accuse others of being a bag of rocks. Instead of writing really stupid emails, why not spend your leisure time reading a book, if you can.
I spose

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Sep 30, 2010
Michael L Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
No: yours is showing. If you knew any relevant facts, you would have provided them. Easier to be as smart as a doorknob and accuse others of being a bag of rocks. Instead of writing really stupid emails, why not spend your leisure time reading a book, if you can.
Funny, but I don't recall writing any stupid emails. Care to elaborate on that comment? Never hear or seen anyone referred to as a bag of rocks. More made up lies from the biggest hypocrite in Dona Ana county.
Still Standing

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Oct 1, 2010
Gee Greg, I gotta hand it to you, you are a brave individual to say publicly what so many other people are thinking.
lcnative

United States

#9 Oct 1, 2010
Amazing how someone is so willing to spew b.s. to make someone look badly, yet no solutions or ideas offered. He was right about one thing, we do need change and I strongly believe Susana is the perfect change we need. I have no intention whatsoever of voting for another 4 years of the black hole we've been put in by Denish. How any of you can justify voting for her is mind-boggling!
Fed Up

AOL

#10 Oct 1, 2010
I spose wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance is rather evident. Share it with others of your IQ.
Cluless M00ron.
Truth

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Oct 1, 2010
According to the State of New Mexico legislature website --

"There are currently 45 Democrats and 25 Republicans in the House of Representatives.

There are currently 27 Democrats and 15 Republicans in the Senate."

Moreover, since 1912, NM has had 19 Democratic Governors serving for a combined total of 65 years and a total of 11 Republican Governors for a sum total of 34 years.

If you are proud and joyous of how New Mexico compares on key measures with other states (education, median income, high-tech opportunities, job growth, etc., etc. etc.), then you probably think keeping the balance in New Mexico in favor of Democrats. And that is how you should vote.

If you don't think the State's relative performance under predominantly Democratic governance has been anything to write home to mother about, you may wish to consider shifting the balance to Republicans this time. Perhaps it's time for a bit of hope and change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can school vouchers give kids a shot at a bette... 8 hr shot first whites 18
News The Coming Crusade Against Public Education Jan 14 MichaelNudite 1
News Trump education pick plays hardball with her we... Jan 10 District 1 2
News Betsy DeVos picked for education secretary Jan 8 Sir Kenneth 13
News Exclusive: Reagan's Education Seca y Praises DeVos Dec 31 Lost Language 1
News Trump's education agenda is a threat to Maine's... Dec 20 Phimosis Health I... 4
News Trump Cabinet Picks Should Fight Their Own Bure... Dec '16 clear focus now m... 1
More from around the web