Sound Off (Sept. 30)

Sound Off (Sept. 30)

There are 128 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Sound Off (Sept. 30). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

This is just a comment on the Whole Enchilada. It was a great experience. I loved it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Voter

United States

#1 Sep 30, 2010
I'll be voting for Diane Denish because I believe she'll be putting our kids in schools and our graduates in jobs rather than putting everyone in jail.

Judged:

12

12

5

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
East Mesa Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Sound Off Caller: "I read in SoundOff! that someone wants to vote for Susana Martinez because she is from southern New Mexico and will represent our interests. That is very foolish. Susana Martinez will represent the oil and gas industries and not the average person."

Denish is originally from Hobbs which is the heart and soul of the New Mexico "oil and gas industries". She's spent the last 8 years in Santa Fe with FatHead Richardson and picked up his bad habits of taking care of northern NM and forgetting every place in the state even exists.

Even though I personally don't like Martinez, I do think that she would be a better governor.
Torro

Farmington, NM

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Another letter to the editor today from Greg Lennes(Hemmingway). As usual his buddy the real editor Walt Rubel puts Greg's rantings in the paper about every 3 to 4 days as well as a couple of guest editorials every couple of weeks just before election time. Greg is a paid political activist working for the out of town and out of state environmental movement.

I wonder what kind of world we would live in if the liberals, who represent only 20% of our country, had to operate on a level playing field with the rest of us. Well we will never know in this city because liberals get the benefit of the doubt and conservatives are treated with suspicion at best and ridicule and disdain more likely.

Since Walt Rubel has taken over the job of decider of content of soundoff and editorials and real news content or coverage, the Sun News has been reduced to a liberal rag and opened the door to competition like the Bullitin and the Alb Journal. Our city and community is being governed and ruled by a liberal minority mostly because of Walt and how he has been doing his job.
Reader

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Torro wrote:
Another letter to the editor today from Greg Lennes(Hemmingway). As usual his buddy the real editor Walt Rubel puts Greg's rantings in the paper about every 3 to 4 days as well as a couple of guest editorials every couple of weeks just before election time. Greg is a paid political activist working for the out of town and out of state environmental movement.
I wonder what kind of world we would live in if the liberals, who represent only 20% of our country, had to operate on a level playing field with the rest of us. Well we will never know in this city because liberals get the benefit of the doubt and conservatives are treated with suspicion at best and ridicule and disdain more likely.
Since Walt Rubel has taken over the job of decider of content of soundoff and editorials and real news content or coverage, the Sun News has been reduced to a liberal rag and opened the door to competition like the Bullitin and the Alb Journal. Our city and community is being governed and ruled by a liberal minority mostly because of Walt and how he has been doing his job.
But Walt brought us Mike Hays. Isn't THAT worth something?
Woody

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Sep 30, 2010
<<You are wrong about each generation paying for their own Social Security benefits - and therein lies part of the problem. Younger workers are paying for the benefits collected by today's retirees, who paid in only a small part of what we will collect.>>

If the Government had invested all the premiums of the older generation, their money would be adequate ... but the Government did not save the money, they put it into the budget and spent it. It is the larges Ponzi scheme in the world.
lcres

United States

#6 Sep 30, 2010
CARTELS ACTIVE IN COUNTY Why wouldnt they its way easier to get out of jail on a Judge Frietze drug and wepons-trafficking bond than a city dwi.
Jamie

Hereford, AZ

#7 Sep 30, 2010
who="East Mesa Resident"]Sound Off Caller: "I read in SoundOff! that someone wants to vote for Susana Martinez because she is from southern New Mexico and will represent our interests. That is very foolish. Susana Martinez will represent the oil and gas industries and not the average person."
Denish is originally from Hobbs which is the heart and soul of the New Mexico "oil and gas industries". She's spent the last 8 years in Santa Fe with FatHead Richardson and picked up his bad habits of taking care of northern NM and forgetting every place in the state even exists.
Even though I personally don't like Martinez, I do think that she would be a better governor.

Denish is from Hobbs that the only the true statement you made. Its Martinez who has taken all the money from the oil and gas companies. Get your facts straight before you come on here telling lies.
Anonymous

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Sep 30, 2010
"Where were all these people who say "I want my country back" during the Bush administration? He did a lot of things that went against the people and started two wars that were unauthorized. Where were they then?"

www.lp.org
www.lewrockwell.com
www.mises.org

That's where.

"In Iraq and Afghanistan, we have lost 5,677 soldiers fighting for freedom for Muslims. In the U.S. we have extreme right-wing groups including the Tea Party condemning Muslims and their mosques. This insults our fallen soldiers"

Arming fair-weather friends we will end up fighting, as always, and building military bases in the mideast (the reason we were attacked in the first place) and maintaining an impossible empire all insult our LIVING soldiers.
Change

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Sep 30, 2010
When is Obama going to appear on the cable news network that has higher ratings than all the other cable news networks combined? What's "the one we've all been waiting for" afraid of?
Jamie has got a gun

Huntsville, AL

#10 Sep 30, 2010
Jamie wrote:
who="East Mesa Resident"]Sound Off Caller: "I read in SoundOff! that someone wants to vote for Susana Martinez because she is from southern New Mexico and will represent our interests. That is very foolish. Susana Martinez will represent the oil and gas industries and not the average person."
Denish is originally from Hobbs which is the heart and soul of the New Mexico "oil and gas industries". She's spent the last 8 years in Santa Fe with FatHead Richardson and picked up his bad habits of taking care of northern NM and forgetting every place in the state even exists.
Even though I personally don't like Martinez, I do think that she would be a better governor.
Denish is from Hobbs that the only the true statement you made. Its Martinez who has taken all the money from the oil and gas companies. Get your facts straight before you come on here telling lies.
Jamie, Jamie, Jamie,

Are you really so ignorant? Denish comes from oil money. Do some research. You keep posting your mindless drivel, people are gonna think you're Violet. You two would be the best of friends. I wonder if you're both blond? Brainless, definitely.
LCV

AOL

#11 Sep 30, 2010
Complaints today about utility bills.

Today's AOL News lists 10 things to rise in price soon:

Coffee, cotton clothes, utility bills, housing, gold...

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/09/30/10-t...
Anonymous

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Sep 30, 2010
LCV wrote:
Complaints today about utility bills.
Today's AOL News lists 10 things to rise in price soon:
Coffee, cotton clothes, utility bills, housing, gold...
http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/09/30/10-t...
Gold's at 1309, Silver is at 20, but here's my favorite:

http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/CW/W

Oooh how that stimulus is helping the poor! Besides, who buys 'wheat' whatever that is, and only tycoons with monocles and top hats care about gold price.

All depressions are the result of the expansion of credit. Always.

Get ready for quantitiative easing to take this from gentle shower of horsesh_t to a typhoon. To dumb that down for you Rs and Ds: The private banksters who own the Federal Reserve and control the value of our currency also own the dufus poloticians you support because you think there's a difference between parties. The 'stimulus' was a simple test run; using fear of deflation (pumped through the media outlets they also own) they will print (create out of thin air) a couple trillion dollars. They get to spend it (on real, hard assets) at the value when it was created, but simple supply and demand means that the value of every other dollar in existence (as well as your labor and ingenuity since you have no choice but to deal in THEIR dollars) will drop like a rock as those 'new' dollars hit the market. The end result is that a few super wealthy criminals have used the oligarchy, and your mindless support of R and D puppets, to fraudulently confiscate a large portion of the US economy - and devalue everything you have and ever will have.

And you're getting EXACTLY what you voted for. Happy?

This is the predictable outcome of abandoning the free market for some false sense of security from Big Brother. We created these theives to protect us. HA!
Among You Soon

United States

#14 Sep 30, 2010
LCSN says..........

In Iraq and Afghanistan, we have lost 5,677 soldiers fighting for freedom for Muslims. In the U.S. we have extreme right-wing groups including the Tea Party condemning Muslims and their mosques. This insults our fallen soldiers.

More left-wing Dem BS!

What we have are left-wing Dems (mostly Communists) trying to take over the country, with Comrade Obama leading the effort! This is what actually insults our fallen soldiers my friend!!
Jamie

Elgin, AZ

#15 Sep 30, 2010
"Jamie has got a gun"
Jamie, Jamie, Jamie,
Are you really so ignorant? Denish comes from oil money. Do some research. You keep posting your mindless drivel, people are gonna think you're Violet. You two would be the best of friends. I wonder if you're both blond? Brainless, definitely.

And you think I care what you think lol. Now you can get back to your job at the Da's office.....Have a nice day........LOLOLOL
I spose

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Sep 30, 2010
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
But Walt brought us Mike Hays. Isn't THAT worth something?
It sure is because you do not find a thin-skinned, know-it-all English major in every city.
Jim M LC-NM

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Sep 30, 2010
Voter wrote:
I'll be voting for Diane Denish because I believe she'll be putting our kids in schools and our graduates in jobs rather than putting everyone in jail.
When in the hell has any politician really done anything to help schools aside from wasting more money. I'm 66 yrs young, and for as long as I can remember, politicians have run on fixing school problems and all that has happened is schools have only gotten worse at getting their job done. Politicians are clueless dunces. If these politicians that claim they will help schools had helped schools we would have perfect schools by now!

One of the biggest problems in schools today are students that disrupt the learning process and this comes from more than just acting out. One of the reasons the students disrupt is the they can not be held accountable. One of the reasons the students can't be held accountable is the schools and parents can't fully discipline children when they find out s kid is a problem. One of the reasons the schools and parents can't discipline their children is politicians have passed laws limiting corporal punishment. Admittedly politicians have passed these laws at the behest of some loony parents or adults. There is no way to fix stupid when it comes to politicians and loony parents.

With the laws in place now, the only answer is to pass another law saying children that act out or routinely divert the learning effort to themselves and away from the rest of the students can be kept from coming to public schools so the students that are their to take advantage of the benefit the rest of us pay for can have a chance to learn. Students declined admission to public schools because of problems that disrupt the class can be dealt with at the expense of their parents in private settings. When those students with special problems are ready to rejoin the public schools then they should get another chance after there is a demonstration they are ready to re-enter the public school setting. Just a thought, but politicians are not even thinking this way, just waste more money.
Among You Soon

United States

#18 Sep 30, 2010
Isn't it nice to see Dead Fish return to that cess pool Chicago, to continue the Communist rule there!! One down and several to go my friends.

Perhaps Detroit, or somewhere in Vermont or NH would offer the Comrade a postion as major? Just a thought!

yes we can...YES WE CAN!!
Among You Soon

United States

#19 Sep 30, 2010
OrvilleWyatt wrote:
"Where were all these people who say "I want my country back" during the Bush administration? He did a lot of things that went against the people and started two wars that were unauthorized. Where were they then?"
www.lp.org
www.lewrockwell.com
www.mises.org
That's where.
"In Iraq and Afghanistan, we have lost 5,677 soldiers fighting for freedom for Muslims. In the U.S. we have extreme right-wing groups including the Tea Party condemning Muslims and their mosques. This insults our fallen soldiers"
Arming fair-weather friends we will end up fighting, as always, and building military bases in the mideast (the reason we were attacked in the first place) and maintaining an impossible empire all insult our LIVING soldiers.
Prove it........And don't post your left-wing sites that Plastic Boy gave you!
Yep

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Sep 30, 2010
Voter wrote:
I'll be voting for Diane Denish because I believe she'll be putting our kids in schools and our graduates in jobs rather than putting everyone in jail.
JUST LIKE she's worked sooooo hard to do for the last eight years, right??!!
Jim M LC-NM

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Sep 30, 2010
East Mesa Resident wrote:
Sound Off Caller: "I read in SoundOff! that someone wants to vote for Susana Martinez because she is from southern New Mexico and will represent our interests. That is very foolish. Susana Martinez will represent the oil and gas industries and not the average person."
Denish is originally from Hobbs which is the heart and soul of the New Mexico "oil and gas industries". She's spent the last 8 years in Santa Fe with FatHead Richardson and picked up his bad habits of taking care of northern NM and forgetting every place in the state even exists.
Even though I personally don't like Martinez, I do think that she would be a better governor.
Try to think about the next governor of NM in this context. The next governor will have to face the consequences of the Obama Care program. The Obama care program has a huge unfunded mandate for every state in the nation including NM. Under Obama care the additional Medicaid costs created by it will be born by the federal government for only two years then the states will have to pick up the state Medicaid costs. What is our new/next governor, be it Martinez or Dinish, going to do to make up that unfunded money?

Right now about 20 states, give of take, are suiting the Federal government to stop Obama Care. NM led by Richardson and Dinish are not one of those states. Does bankruptcy of NM, or financial problems as created in California by it's near 35 yrs of Democratic rule of the the Calif. legislature, mean anything to NM's population? If Dinish is governor what do you think she will do in two years when NM gets the Medicaid bills? If Dinish gets elected, I doubt she is going to join the other states trying to stop Obama Care so that only leaves NM, which is $650 million in debt now which is not allowed by the NM Constitution, with one choice and that is to raise taxes. You can bet Dinish wouldn't cut any other NM programs or boondoggles. She likes riding in the jet plane and SUV limousines, she is not even going to sell them either. Just something to think about before you chose your next governor and push that button in the voting booth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Justices signal support for church in closely w... Apr 20 Why Not Church 1
News Loud crowd disagreed with most of LaMalfaa s po... Apr 19 Was Not Coherent 1
News Dem state rep to GOP woman: 'I wanted to punch ... Apr 17 Was Not Courageous 2
News Town hall connects residents with legislators Apr 17 Whip Nude Cheeks 2
News US strike on Syria is widely praised, but anger... Apr 12 spocko 65
News Trump tours private school in Florida, promotin... Mar '17 Whip Nude Cheeks 1
News Vouchers do not improve student achievement, St... Feb '17 Maltamon 1
More from around the web