New state budget: School vouchers more than double

Full story: DispatchPolitics
Instead of turning away some of the students who want to use tax dollars to attend private school this year, the state is making thousands more vouchers available. Full Story
FormerGOP

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Jul 6, 2011
If school districts are merging services and sharing administrators, why vouchers? Now charter schools will expand, and duplicate administrative expenditures, all the while siphoning money. Are we being deceived? Isn't this more of the old "inch deep and a mile wide" obfuscation? Is it a pork-barrel payback to Kasich cronies?
Just maybe

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 8, 2011
Hey, maybe we can afford to send our kids to a better school now. In Delaware County, our district has the worst testing scores and (in my opinion) makes very some poor financial decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gospel singer launches pro-education effort (Jul '06) Dec 7 Film Director Phil 4
Election brings new GOP power to state capitols Nov '14 barefoot2626 22
Walker, Burke have clear contrasts on education Sep '14 Harry 2
5 things to know about Wisconsin governor's race Sep '14 QUITTNER on Sep 9... 2
NC judge: Private school vouchers unconstitutional Aug '14 Phil 8
Florida teachers challenge voucher expansion Jul '14 Phil 2
School choice just makes sense (Apr '14) Apr '14 MaltaMon 1
More from around the web