Governor Haslam To Propose School Voucher Legislation

Jan 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVF Nashville

Governor Haslam says he will propose legislation to create a school voucher system.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 31, 2013
Misty Thomas

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

I think it is a great idea and would really help out people who would like to send there children to private school.
Captain Redneck

Caraway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Misty Thomas wrote:
I think it is a great idea and would really help out people who would like to send there children to private school.
Well here's another great idea to help those folks out, rent. Don't buy a home or property until after your children finish school. Put both your down payment and the monthly difference between the rent and what your mortgage payment would be in a savings account or a nice little investment and sit back and watch the interest grow. You see, by not owning any property you get around those pesky property taxes used to fund public schools. Your kids get a private school education at no cost to you whatever and you have a nice pile of cash waiting on the back end. And don't worry about everyone else,not the public schools who had less money to work with,not the teachers who had their paycheck cut, not the public school students whose education suffered from the lack of funding and certainly not the people with no children who still must support public education through property taxes. As long as your going to steal from everyone else you might as well steal all you can.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••