Bill would give vouchers to get kids ...

Bill would give vouchers to get kids out of failing schools

There are 2 comments on the York Dispatch story from Jan 20, 2011, titled Bill would give vouchers to get kids out of failing schools. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

State Sen. Jeffrey Piccola wants students at failing schools to have an opportunity to succeed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

Kristin

York, PA

#1 Jan 20, 2011
In response to Senator Piccola's comment, "Many of these school districts have no incentive to improve", I beg to differ. Currently I have a position as a Kindergarten Interventionist in a York City Elementary School. The district chose to put government money toward a program where we can help meet the instructional needs of these young ones. We are helping children to be successful at a time when getting a solid start can make a difference in a child's future. Imagine what another qualified instructor can do in a class of 20 kindergarten children to help meet so many diverse needs! One example, the children are able to develop more literacy skills which will help them to become successful readers. I am proud to be a part of a program that is helping to make a difference.
katie

UK

#2 Jan 21, 2011
Kristin wrote:
In response to Senator Piccola's comment, "Many of these school districts have no incentive to improve", I beg to differ. Currently I have a position as a Kindergarten Interventionist in a York City Elementary School. The district chose to put government money toward a program where we can help meet the instructional needs of these young ones. We are helping children to be successful at a time when getting a solid start can make a difference in a child's future. Imagine what another qualified instructor can do in a class of 20 kindergarten children to help meet so many diverse needs! One example, the children are able to develop more literacy skills which will help them to become successful readers. I am proud to be a part of a program that is helping to make a difference.
Hello young children need as much as a good start in life as we can give them this is up to us all to do this from parents to the state.If children fail then society as a WHOLE as failed.In this country this government of confidence tricksters are already cutting back on the sure start program for pre school children.This government of rich public school boys has already scrapped the educational mentainance allowence for sixteen year olds to stay in school after leaving the EMA was worth thirty pounds a week to help fund a higher education.As i have stated if children fail then society fails.I have seen the future and the future is grim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where Trump stands on education Sep 22 Potter Harry IS Lush 2
News How many people support school vouchers? Sep 17 Provider Halves I... 1
News School choice gaining popularity in California,... Sep 17 CA SAN JOSE 2
News Donald Trump - Donald Trump says illegal immigr... Sep 3 spud 10
News News roundup: Clinton advisers prep for an elec... Sep 3 Diego Juarez 1
News White students disproportionately use Ohio scho... Aug 31 Christ is Arisen 25
News Florida NAACP & Black Pastors In Standoff Over ... Jul '16 Whites Not Competent 2
More from around the web