OP-ED: League of Women Voters: No school vouchers

Full story: York Dispatch

The League of Women Voters strongly supports fair, equitable and excellent education for all students in Pennsylvania.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Apr 24, 2011
Bro1856

Cockeysville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

There still is a League of Women Voters? Wow.

They are about as relevent and unbiased as the KKK or New York Times.
George

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

I thought the league of woman voters was non-partisan with no political opinions???
JERRY

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2011

This may be what you want, but not those of us who have sent our children to private schools. We chose to send our children to these schools because they are held to a much higher standard then public schools. All you want to do is dumb down the private schools to make the public schools look better. As for tests and graduation results; we all know the answer to that question or we wouldn't be sending our children to non- schools.
Wake UP

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2011

Students are being charged with rioting at Hannah Penn. PSSA scores tell us that the majority of students who manage to graduate from William Penn are unable to read and understand High school material. SB1 is not a solution to the education problems faced by York City and this state but it would provide relief to some families and some children NOW.

Why shouldn't we embrace the only option that has been offered to save local property owners money?

No local property taxes would be used to fund SB1, the funds are all to come from the states general fund. Every child receiving a voucher is one less child that our local school taxes must pay for and one less student in our overcrowded classrooms. York City classrooms that our School Board has told us could contain 35 students in the elementary grades and 45 in the higher grades.

SB1 is giving children and families who value education a chance to better themselves and offering local property taxpayers some relief. The teachers union and their allies do not want parents to have a choice and are doing everything that they can to spread misinformation and stop the passage of SB1. Please urge our representatives in Harrisburg to pass SB1.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••