School security controversy in Bridgeport

Mar 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Connecticut Post

On a recent visit to Central High School to see her daughter, who is a student there, Board of Education member Maria Pereira refused to show security her driver's license at the entrance.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Mar 28, 2013

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Perira is no better then the rest of us. Sent her to jail for 30 days. Shame on her.
tinafaye

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Bpt schools need to just be locked down, those schools are just a step before jail for those kids anyways.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

On a recent visit to Central High School to see her daughter, a student there, Board of Education member Maria Pereira refused to show security personnel her driver's license at the entrance.

Her reason?
Outstanding warrants? Fraudulent license maybe? My opinion is that she's attention-mongering.

After the wiping-out of those 26 expensive liabilities in newtown she ought to be damned GLAD that not just ANYBODY can stroll into a school without some kind of check that they actually have a REASON for being there.
BPT

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

it's not a big deal to show id.
i don't know why people get so bent out of shape over it.

sol is right.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Maybe she should have her vet inject a chip into the back of her neck - THEN she'll never again have to suffer the inconvenience or ignominy of having to produce a license like most everyone else does without complaint because they realize it's a simple security measure.
BPT

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Sol wrote:
Maybe she should have her vet inject a chip into the back of her neck - THEN she'll never again have to suffer the inconvenience or ignominy of having to produce a license like most everyone else does without complaint because they realize it's a simple security measure.
or she can tattoo a bar code on her, for easy scanning.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Read #1 & #2. Good reading.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Education Etc. Discussions

Search the Education Etc. Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Summer Academy at Penn State Helps Prepare Blin... 1 hr Hopi 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Flint hill bandit 128,909
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 1 hr GradsDad 1,270
Substitute Teachers Are In Demand 2 hr MaltaMon 7
Greenport principal to replace Hynes 3 hr Siskeeter 1
NC Teachers Wooed By Texas Salaries 4 hr George Truesdell 1
Vice Principal Charged With Having Sex With Stu... (Feb '06) 7 hr laker 3
•••
•••