Charter School To Open In Utica In 2013

Charter School To Open In Utica In 2013

There are 27 comments on the WUTR story from Nov 9, 2012, titled Charter School To Open In Utica In 2013. In it, WUTR reports that:

Parents living in the Utica City School District will soon have the option of sending their children to a charter school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUTR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
well

Santa Barbara, CA

#21 Nov 10, 2012
who cares!!!
equality

Oneida, NY

#22 Nov 12, 2012
Tax Payer Dollars shouldn't be used to support Charter Schools, these are non-Public Schools that select their students thereby discriminating against other students!!!!
interested

Ithaca, NY

#23 Nov 12, 2012
equality wrote:
Tax Payer Dollars shouldn't be used to support Charter Schools, these are non-Public Schools that select their students thereby discriminating against other students!!!!
I doubt that. I think it's a great alternative for certain students. Probably not much for athletes.
Dude

Utica, NY

#24 Nov 30, 2012
Will the Charter have sports?
idk

Utica, NY

#25 Nov 30, 2012
I don't think will, sports coast a lot of money I don't see how could they afford them. Because of them Utica will lose sports and many other programs. ND will lose some kids too, I'm sure.
idk

Utica, NY

#26 Nov 30, 2012
I don't think they will* (correction)
go charter schools

Carthage, NY

#27 Dec 1, 2012
watch how many lame teachers get laid off in utica and rightfully so. Especially those who havent been teaching for long. Shows how ignorant and nieve they are. They voted for tha ridiculous contract because they got conned. Veteran teachers didnt get conned. And veteran teachers will keep their jobs. Because of their porky,know it all attitude,the young teachers allowed their arrogance get the best of them. How foolish do you feel know? Have fun working T applebees. Hope that pays your bills. Maybe next time you will listen to the people that tried to help.My advice to you is leave this area because teaching jobs are few. You should have voted this contract down. You would have been in a better bargaining position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Mickey402 157,952
News Proposal to move Saltsburg students to Blairsvi... (Feb '15) 1 hr Roundy K 101
News Ohio student named to Forbes 30 under 30 for en... 9 hr CAS 6
News Our Opinion: Plenty of good news throughout region 10 hr Funny Paperboys 2
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) 17 hr Phillip 701
News Our Opinion: Baldwyn bond vote shows strong com... Mon Paper Lies 6
News Our Opinion: Partnerships have ability to benef... Mon Partnership 6
More from around the web