Police: Teacher bought alcohol n The ...

Police: Teacher bought alcohol n The ex-Lee educator was charged wi...

There are 156 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 16, 2010, titled Police: Teacher bought alcohol n The ex-Lee educator was charged wi.... In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A former high school Spanish teacher was charged with giving alcohol to underage students on two occasions this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Small potato

Berne, NY

#97 Jun 18, 2010
judge not lest ye wrote:
with all that is going on in the world today I think this story is really small potatoes. No harm, no foul....move on with your nosy little lives. I guarantee most of you who sit in such condemnation will experience something embarrassing and devastating in your own families as your children grow up. Get off your high horses and stop frothing at the mouths over other peoples suffering.
It's small potatoes to lead children down the path to addiction? The only small potato I see here is that mushy one in your head.
Get Over Yourselves

Mechanicville, NY

#98 Jun 18, 2010
Shocked and Saddened wrote:
As a friend of hers for years, I was shocked to read about the alleged charges, and deeply saddened by the pain that she and her family are now experiencing as a consequence. During all the years I've known her, and enjoyed her friendship, I have never seen any indication that she was capable of committing any of the things that have been discussed on this forum. If any of this is true, something is not right. I would suspect a breakdown of some sort, because the Arlene I know would never demonstrate such poor judgement and lack of morality. She is extremely smart, and has always been a responsible disciplined woman and a very good mother for many years. This is a family tragedy on a scale that dwarfs the relative harm done to those students (who, legally, would probably have been charged as adults if they had committed any major crimes). Certainly, I do not condone what she is charged with doing, but the greatest pain and suffering is within Arlene and her family, not the students who apparently liked her so much they had to be prodded by the authorities to testify against her.
This has nothing to do with protecting Kelsey, but with protecting the kids affected by this. Don't be ridiculous.
Get Over Yourselves

Mechanicville, NY

#99 Jun 18, 2010
Details Emerge wrote:
A truly sad situation. My neighbor works at Lee High, and has always had the utmost respect for Mrs. Kelsey, both professionally and personally. But things changed roughly 8 months ago. The cause remains unknown. Her family does deserve our respect and sympathy at this time. Apparently, the sexual charges will be filed in due time. The first male involved was 18, therefore no charges will be filed there. The other one, which involved mutual oral sex, is only 16, but is understandably hesitant to come forward. It would be perhaps in the best interests of all parties if it never goes to trial and Mrs. Kelsey instead is given the help she so clearly needs and deserves. My prayers truly go out to her family.
Your prayers go nowhere, loser. All you're concerned with is showing everyone that you might have some inside information. You need to keep your prayers to yourself and shut your mouth, or else become part of the investigation and tell the authorities what you know instead of throwing it around here, irresponsibly.
Resident

Dallas, TX

#101 Jun 18, 2010
The problem here is the Berkshire Eagle. Truly we will never know what really happened. This will be like the johnathan tradgedy all over again. All talk and they will never publish the truth.
She knows what she has done and will have to answer for it. Let her deal with her issues in peace. Let those who were in involved come forward and tell the truth. As for her family I wish them the best. This is hard to deal with. But let's take this and make our our community stronger so it never happens again. Our children are the future ......
Get Over Yourselves

Mechanicville, NY

#102 Jun 18, 2010
The Berkshire Eagle can't just publish things because you want them to. They can't publish rumors. I've seen Eagle reporters kicked out of schools and turned away at the door. I'm sure they've swept plenty of stuff under the carpet to protect their interests as a business, but in this case, they've tried to get the story and they've been stonewalled. Fox News tried to get this story, too, repeatedly, and they've been turned away. Whe formal charges are filed, you'll get the story. Until then, you'll just have to listen to the irresponsible douchebags on this site.
Concerned Citizen

Portsmouth, NH

#103 Jun 18, 2010
Following up on what "Details Emerge" posted...
Do you really think this woman had EVER had ANY type of sexual contact with any of the students, no matter what their age(s)?
If the story about the 16 year old is true, aren't we talking NATIONAL news fairly quickly?
Also, now that this story is public, and there are concerns of under-age indiscretions....wouldn't you think SOMEONE like the Police, or Newspaper people, or anyone else would want to get to the bottom of EVERY detail here.....even if it's only for a salacious story for the National Enquirer.
Not any more

Berne, NY

#104 Jun 18, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Do you really think this woman had EVER had ANY type of sexual contact with any of the students, no matter what their age(s)?
If the story about the 16 year old is true, aren't we talking NATIONAL news fairly quickly?
Also, now that this story is public, and there are concerns of under-age indiscretions....wouldn't you think SOMEONE like the Police, or Newspaper people, or anyone else would want to get to the bottom of EVERY detail here.....even if it's only for a salacious story for the National Enquirer.
I hate to break it to you but these stories are so common now that theyr rarely garner national attention. If there's some odd twist to it, maybe. She's a douchebag who crossed the line. End of story.
Concerned

East Otis, MA

#105 Jun 18, 2010
Yes she is wrong and yes she needs to be punished.
I pray for her family. They are the ones hurt by this the most I wish them the best.
Sad

Chestertown, NY

#106 Jun 18, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
In Massachusetts you're a consenting adult at the age of 16. Therefore she can't be charged for having sex with those kids, they were all 16 and over. You can thank our liberal state for that...
Get Over Yourselves

Mechanicville, NY

#107 Jun 18, 2010
Same as the age of consent in thiry-four other states, including quite a few traditionally conservative ones.
shut up lenox

Hoosick Falls, NY

#108 Jun 18, 2010
ummmm mrs kelsey is from lenox so everyone can stop hating on lee because all the other teachers, who are actually from lee are fine. so lenox watch out for your teachers.
Perturbed

Lee, MA

#109 Jun 18, 2010
First off Arlene Kelsey is NOT a Lee resident, she resides in LENOX and teaches in Lee. Lee is a quaint little town and I am 39 years old and have lived here all my life and am VERY proud to say that. I am married and am raising my children here, who also attend the Lee School System. For any of you who are downing us parents, faculty, friends, and residents of this wonderful Berkshire town have no right what so ever. Never speak about someone else or someone else's children- you never know what your going to do and you never know what your children are going to do!
you know

Easthampton, MA

#110 Jun 18, 2010
damn i wish i went to lee.
Really WOW

Albany, NY

#111 Jun 18, 2010
Fits right in wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I've seen of the typical Lee resident, she fits right in.
Dear "Fits right in"...
She is NOT from Lee, she is from LENOX!!!!! Get your facts straight!!! Duh!
My kids

Berne, NY

#112 Jun 18, 2010
Perturbed wrote:
First off Arlene Kelsey is NOT a Lee resident, she resides in LENOX and teaches in Lee. Lee is a quaint little town and I am 39 years old and have lived here all my life and am VERY proud to say that. I am married and am raising my children here, who also attend the Lee School System. For any of you who are downing us parents, faculty, friends, and residents of this wonderful Berkshire town have no right what so ever. Never speak about someone else or someone else's children- you never know what your going to do and you never know what your children are going to do!
Pittsfield has good people, too. My kids are perfect angels. I have two daughters and they have opened their arms to two poor unfortunate minority youth. The grandkids they produced are keeping us all in good food and comfortable surroundings. They keep their guns on their person 24/7 so the kids don't have an accident. They even have their won cell phones so the constant calls they get at all hours don't tie up my phone. They take me with them to New York City every week while they visit their relatives who live in poor, unfortunate circumstances. They are always very talkative and high-spirited when they come out. I'm one lucky grandma!
buba

Boca Raton, FL

#113 Jun 18, 2010
I have two questions ; did she get laid , and where were teachers like her when I went to school?
tea party tom

Springfield, MA

#114 Jun 18, 2010
My kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Pittsfield has good people, too. My kids are perfect angels. I have two daughters and they have opened their arms to two poor unfortunate minority youth. The grandkids they produced are keeping us all in good food and comfortable surroundings. They keep their guns on their person 24/7 so the kids don't have an accident. They even have their won cell phones so the constant calls they get at all hours don't tie up my phone. They take me with them to New York City every week while they visit their relatives who live in poor, unfortunate circumstances. They are always very talkative and high-spirited when they come out. I'm one lucky grandma!
look grandma i don't belive you for a second cause the mayor would never let that happen in his beloved city.
Heather

Adams, MA

#115 Jun 18, 2010
Gt Barrington MA wrote:
<quoted text>
"Victims", Absoultely they are victims! This is insantity to say the least. This teacher had the morale obligation and responsibility to uphold the law and be a role model. She is disgusting and this is a deplorable act of selfishiness with no regard to her students, their parents, school or the LAW! She clearly should have thought of the repercussions of her actions. Her license should be suspended forever! She didn't think.
I graduated not to long ago and had the pleasure of being Arlene's student. She is a great teacher and unfortunately she made a mistake. These kids are NOT victims. No one twisted their arms and made them drink with this teacher. Arlene is a good lady and everyone makes mistakes. Obviously the cops scared these kids into giving statements in the first place. You people have nothing better to do than to badger this woman! Those kids that got alcohol have been drinking since they were 15 and some even younger. We all have been. A 14 year old can walk into the gas station and buy a 30 pack, they didn't need Arlene. GIVE THIS LADY A BREAK!! She is going through enough!
north street

Cobleskill, NY

#116 Jun 18, 2010
well
Heather wrote:
<quoted text>
I graduated not to long ago and had the pleasure of being Arlene's student. She is a great teacher and unfortunately she made a mistake. These kids are NOT victims. No one twisted their arms and made them drink with this teacher. Arlene is a good lady and everyone makes mistakes. Obviously the cops scared these kids into giving statements in the first place. You people have nothing better to do than to badger this woman! Those kids that got alcohol have been drinking since they were 15 and some even younger. We all have been. A 14 year old can walk into the gas station and buy a 30 pack, they didn't need Arlene. GIVE THIS LADY A BREAK!! She is going through enough!
well done heather the first intelligent human on the site!
north street

Cobleskill, NY

#117 Jun 18, 2010
what i have to say wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Christ; as someone whose had a number of relatives in that school system, either as employees or students - this is NOT her first year of sexcapades, shut up, we know drugs and alcohol in schools are everywhere BUT most TEACHERS don't buy them for their students. Period, she did. Honestly, you make me sick, she was wrong, NO defending that, she was messing with other PEOPLES children, how would she have felt if I was screwing her kid? Or buying them booze? SHUT UP.
this lee bitch is total trailer trash number of relatives of course u do im sure the relatives are hard to explain garbage wombat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Patriot 151,736
News Proposal to move Saltsburg students to Blairsvi... (Feb '15) 1 hr Ugly which 86
News Belle Vernon School Board cuts counseling posit... 3 hr Home owner 1
News Mold problem at West Vigo High School serious 5 hr Macho Man 2
News Advance high school student arrested on child p... (Nov '15) 7 hr Guest 77
News Can a revamped Roosevelt High serve everyone in... Wed PHIL 4
News Superintendent accused of skewing FSA results Wed debit card 2
More from around the web