State BOE weighs sex-ed guidelines

State BOE weighs sex-ed guidelines

There are 2 comments on the The Wichita Eagle story from May 9, 2006, titled State BOE weighs sex-ed guidelines. In it, The Wichita Eagle reports that:

The State Board of Education seems to be backing away from an idea to link a requirement for abstinence-only sex education to school accreditation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wichita Eagle.

Monica Tucker

Delano, CA

#1 May 10, 2006
Young people are engaging in more risky sexual activties than ever before. Prevention programs advocating responsible sex are not working! Young people need responsible adults to stand up and say these activities are wrong! New methods and incentives are needed to encourage young people to stay away from sex. Why back off something that could potenially save their lives and/or keep them from having to deal with a long term medical condition?
Rahul 9713223093

Mumbai, India

#2 Nov 18, 2012
Hi monica call me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Going Around and ... 158,006
News Our Opinion: Plenty of good news throughout region 34 min Frank 3
News Lockport SD 205 OKs boundary committee (Sep '08) 1 hr Lago Vista 81
News Proposal to move Saltsburg students to Blairsvi... (Feb '15) 4 hr Yessir 103
News 4 suspended in Mendenhall school fight (Nov '07) 5 hr Sandrag 3
News Muscogee County School Board decides name of Co... 9 hr Will Dockery 1
News Dunaway: Case pending, moving forward - 16 hr Poll Watch 15
More from around the web