Accept offer - or else

Accept offer - or else

There are 66 comments on the Gloversville Leader-Herald story from Apr 11, 2014, titled Accept offer - or else. In it, Gloversville Leader-Herald reports that:

The Oppenheim-Ephratah-St. Johnsville Board of Education is giving Superintendent Laura Lawrence until 5 p.m. today to decide whether to accept a settlement offer to step down or face civil charges, school officials said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gloversville Leader-Herald.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fight it

Northville, NY

#1 Apr 11, 2014
I feel Laura should fight to get her job back. Make them press civil charges if thats what they want.
Laura show the kids how to be strong and fight for what is right.
Laura wins and the board membes must GO! Hows that for a deal?
Agree

Hadley, NY

#2 Apr 11, 2014
Fight it wrote:
I feel Laura should fight to get her job back. Make them press civil charges if thats what they want.
Laura show the kids how to be strong and fight for what is right.
Laura wins and the board membes must GO! Hows that for a deal?
Accept or else! What a bunch of bullies. That wording right there says it all. Board bullies.
Dumb but not stupid

Canajoharie, NY

#3 Apr 11, 2014
"Laura," should file civil charges, I hope she does , against the individuals and the B O E and the school. What is the offer , of our money , these nuts are proposing ? I hope there is someway, the " taxpayers" can find just how much more dollars these people,believe the public , will absorb for their blunders?
Strange

Canajoharie, NY

#4 Apr 11, 2014
Did we not fire old Attorneys? Now we have a new one with relation to " Lintz" B O E member? What is in the minds of these idiots? A civil law suit for what? I,m sure new" Law Firm " likes this gravey , they are getting off the district. Win or Lose.
voteme

Northville, NY

#5 Apr 11, 2014
dont care about the money any more, now a point needs to be made. If Laura did something wrong and was removed for it well then Thank you BOE for looking out for the district. Seeing the vote was 4-3 to remove her and 4-3 to insist she take the deal makes me think she didnt do anything wrong. I kind of feel the BOE is against her because the people of ST.J really like her. They need to give answers or they wont get support.
Trainoffthetrack s

Canajoharie, NY

#6 Apr 11, 2014
This is just about the biggest joke in history. I hope she stands her ground. "Civil" charges - are you kidding me? I'm sure that she and her lawyer would just turn around and counter sue the District. I can't believe the clowns that are running this show & I feel sorry for the three with common sense who have to be lumped in with this train wreck. Has anyone looked into petitioning the NYS School Boards Association and/or State Ed asking for the removal of the Board Members creating all of the chaos?
Should have done it

Hadley, NY

#7 Apr 11, 2014
Trainoffthetracks wrote:
This is just about the biggest joke in history. I hope she stands her ground. "Civil" charges - are you kidding me? I'm sure that she and her lawyer would just turn around and counter sue the District. I can't believe the clowns that are running this show & I feel sorry for the three with common sense who have to be lumped in with this train wreck. Has anyone looked into petitioning the NYS School Boards Association and/or State Ed asking for the removal of the Board Members creating all of the chaos?
We should have done that a long time ago. Look at the damage done. Ms. Lawrence should take the money and run. Other schools will want her and will actually appreciate her. Why take such abuse?
voteme

Gloversville, NY

#8 Apr 11, 2014
Should have done it wrote:
<quoted text>
We should have done that a long time ago. Look at the damage done. Ms. Lawrence should take the money and run. Other schools will want her and will actually appreciate her. Why take such abuse?
Ms Lawerance has a chance to come back and make history with these kids! Changing them forever, teaching them to fight for whats right! Hope she comes back.
what a joke

Fort Plain, NY

#9 Apr 11, 2014
Either way Ms Lawrence wins. I'm guessing they are offering a shit ton of money so they don't have announce their bogus made up charge and look like twits. What a bunch of spineless assholes. Ms Lawrence is either going to get a load of money or this will go to court and she will win there (and hopefully sue those 4 board members). Either way she's coming out on top. If you think these two communities are going to buy the bs you guys are selling you're really as crazy as we all think. There's no way if Ms Lawrence did anything wrong you'd offer her one last settlement... you would have had her charged a LONG time ago. It's so obvious you're offering "hush money" - bunch of dopes. Way to save the taxpayers money, bravo!!
not so tough

Canajoharie, NY

#10 Apr 12, 2014
According to today's Leader-Herald, negotiations are continuing, so there couldn't have been much to the Civil charges threat. While I hate that ultimately this will cost the taxpayers, I hope she socks it to the School District and walks away with a great settlement. When she does, make sure you remember with your voting power who created this mess.
stand your ground

Fort Plain, NY

#11 Apr 12, 2014
Laura, you have many supporters out there behind you. You have to ask yourself why the entire board did not vote against you. What is really going on here and are you getting the shaft? Who investigates the board and their true agenda? They're using a situation to benefit their motives. This whole thing was handled wrong. Don't take a deal unless you know that you've done wrong. In the justice system, the district attorney offers a deal when he has no case. Remember that.
Crazy

Herkimer, NY

#12 Apr 12, 2014
stand your ground wrote:
Laura, you have many supporters out there behind you. You have to ask yourself why the entire board did not vote against you. What is really going on here and are you getting the shaft? Who investigates the board and their true agenda? They're using a situation to benefit their motives. This whole thing was handled wrong. Don't take a deal unless you know that you've done wrong. In the justice system, the district attorney offers a deal when he has no case. Remember that.
Why in the world would she put herself through more hell? The environment that has cost three administrators their jobs so far is not one that any sane person would ever chose to work in.
town of oppenheim

Long Lake, NY

#13 Apr 12, 2014
If she didn't settle then you all would find out exactly what she did. That's why she settled so you didn't find out. Maybe you people who love her so much and think she is a saint are better off not knowing.
Stay up there

Canajoharie, NY

#14 Apr 12, 2014
The only time(s) Districts have to offer a settlement is when they don't have a case for straight up dismissal. If there was true wrong-doing, she would have been investigated by State Ed, had her license(s) in jeopardy, etc. Districts offer settlements when they don't want someone back but don't have any substantial evidence to go forward with fIling any kind of charges. So basically, she and her lawyer called the shots. "I'll agree to go away if you give me _________." and I heard she got herself a darn good deal, too. Good for her! Sorry for the impact it will have on everyone's pocketbook, but remember at the polls who was responsible for the chaos!
Hope so

Canajoharie, NY

#15 Apr 12, 2014
I just hope someone , of silent 3 explain the cost? I pray if not, " FoIL " will bring it out., The cost has to be 1/2 million or more! If the sap 4 had a case, they would have stuck by. " SETTLE OR ELSE". These are dark days for merging a school district. Thanks to the board for wasting more taxpayers dollars , to accomplish another of their agendas.
Sick of it

Amsterdam, NY

#16 Apr 12, 2014
The sent three are not so silent. Speaking when they should not. Obviously the children have accepted the merger. The adults. ALL OF THEM. Need to get a grip and do the same. The worst mistake this group of goofballs did was to hire a superintendent with ties to either community. Just get off the we are better than them mentality a of you and put the kids first. You made the mess work TOGETHER to fix the mess
Whos next

Saint Johnsville, NY

#17 Apr 12, 2014
Sick of it wrote:
The sent three are not so silent. Speaking when they should not. Obviously the children have accepted the merger. The adults. ALL OF THEM. Need to get a grip and do the same. The worst mistake this group of goofballs did was to hire a superintendent with ties to either community. Just get off the we are better than them mentality a of you and put the kids first. You made the mess work TOGETHER to fix the mess
so you must think all the teaches need to be fired as well. right? Laura was great for our district. all three schools.
Wow

Poland, NY

#18 Apr 13, 2014
Laura is a sneaky back stabber that was way in over her head. I wonder if she would stand behind any of you supporters if you needed her. I doubt it. And, if all you people love her soooo much, why don't one of you ask her what she got fired for?
OE mean

Hadley, NY

#19 Apr 13, 2014
Wow wrote:
Laura is a sneaky back stabber that was way in over her head. I wonder if she would stand behind any of you supporters if you needed her. I doubt it. And, if all you people love her soooo much, why don't one of you ask her what she got fired for?
This is what I'm talkin about! Why take such abuse? Grab the money and run! Run, Laura , RUN!
Money Bags

Canajoharie, NY

#20 Apr 13, 2014
Fired? Nope- bought out, actually, because there was no grounds for firing. So she will go on and get another job while collecting her settlement. Nice job- thanks for costing the taxpayers a bundle!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min USA 164,735
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 6 hr Ron Paul Liberty 170
News Education - Grayson Teacher Arrested For Sexual... (Dec '07) 7 hr Roy 28
News New Education chief seeks modern solutions 9 hr Yeah 3
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) 19 hr Frankie 732
News Higher millage OK'd in Blytheville district 21 hr Rayray 43
News California Lawmakers Spend More, Avoid Reform: ... Sat Solarman 1
More from around the web