1:45 p.m.: UPDATE: Etiwanda High 'dea...

1:45 p.m.: UPDATE: Etiwanda High 'death list' prompts dozens of...

There are 52 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Mar 20, 2008, titled 1:45 p.m.: UPDATE: Etiwanda High 'death list' prompts dozens of.... In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A "death list" with threats to kill about 30 Etiwanda High School students was circulated among students today, prompting dozens of parents to pull their children from classes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
EHS Student

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1 Mar 20, 2008
well i think its ridiculus!!!!!!!!!!Also whats upsetting it makes us look bad.YEa its a senior prank! Most of this information is a lie.There are also all kinds of students that are in the list theres freshmans, Sophmores, Juniors And Seniors.Theres 2 kinds of list 1. is talking a whole bunch of mess about students.2nd is the death list.
anonymous ehs student

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2 Mar 20, 2008
i would just like to say that there were more than just seniors on the "death list".there were students of all years on this list.I am a female freshman atending etiwanda high school,i am also on this list.its sad that i never do anything wrong to anyone and i am on this list .the students no more than what the office and admenatstion knows.this list frist started as a prank,then circulated into a bigger and a real threat.everone thinks that the shooting is today but in reality its planed for tommorow also.evryone also thinks that this whole thing is over but really i beleve its not.and i am truely scared that i cant even go to school without haveing to keep an eye out for my life.
EHS Student as well

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3 Mar 20, 2008
Well i dont think its right! Especially for someone to do this and try to scare us away or whatever.But just to let you know I found out today that Im in the [Death List]
Smells like someone died

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4 Mar 20, 2008
friggin kids need to grow up!
hey how about a military draft so these little bastards get some life experience and disicpline.
Boo HOO

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#5 Mar 20, 2008
Hell i have been shot at! had mortars come at me, and RPG's, IED's.
so little piss ant nerd of a high school kids has a mental issue, enlist his ass!
SOB

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2008
Lively post today! I think first of all the EHS teachers need to teach their students to spell. There is a thing called spell check that makes life easier. Honestly with all the texting and IM'ing nowadays its any wonder any of these kids have seen a library. Secondly, I think any threats on school should be taken seriously. I have a son is high school, hearing something like this, I would take him out of school. There have been many college shootings recently that in which this shows there are copy cats out there willing to try something stupid. Its probably some homely kid that is tired of being made fun of by all the prissy teenage froofy girls that attend that school, yes I'm talking about you. I've been to that school, if you arent good looking or cute, you arent welcome and that was ten years ago. I hope they find the originator of the note and take this person away. Be safe out there kiddies.
RCHS Student

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Mar 20, 2008
People are just being stupid. Honestly there are really a lot of death threats and the only ones that carry them out are actual psychopaths, people need to quit freakin out about it and just ignore it
student

United States

#8 Mar 20, 2008
all i know that the school is freaking out about a list that was going around school to freak out people that have a bad reputation and to scare them.
the death list contains all grades there are more than 3 freshman on the list, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
the people that started the list were caught and arrested today on campus..........1 of the 3 girls was a freshman and others were seniors.
and yes i was there all day and the school still doesn't know that the riot is supposed to happen on Friday.
EHS

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#9 Mar 20, 2008
Hey, if you don't know what happened, shut your mouth. Shut. Your. Face.
Concerned Sister

Montebello, CA

#10 Mar 20, 2008
My sister goes to EHS and I'm scared for her. How do you know that you're on the list, or how can you find out without giving her name out?
EHS Student as well wrote:
Well i dont think its right! Especially for someone to do this and try to scare us away or whatever.But just to let you know I found out today that Im in the [Death List]
Meagan

Pinecrest, CA

#11 Mar 20, 2008
I was one that left early. I can't believe this would happen....
EHS Student

Calabasas, CA

#12 Mar 20, 2008
This list is stupid. Its not right at all. I hate how this is making our school look as if we are a bad school when we arent. I hate how people had to be taken out of school because they were afraid for their lives. School shudnt be like this at all. This prank was a big waste of time for everyone.
ehs

Montebello, CA

#13 Mar 20, 2008
I heard that there was a new list with EHS cheerleaders on it. Does anyone know about this list and how can I get to it?
bored out of my life

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Mar 20, 2008
this whole list thing is so freakin stupid. it started like wednesday as a little prank that pissed everybody off but now they are coming out with threats. really...and how could the school be on lock down when a concerned parent <parents rock> can just walk on campus, come to her kid's class room and say give me my kid. some kind of security we have but if you dont know nothing about it stay out of it
Anonymous

Spokane, WA

#15 Mar 20, 2008
i believe that this is a big deal.
this should be treated like you would treat a bomb threat.
shut down the school until the threat is no longer in existence.
fin the organizer of this attack/prank and press seveere charges including terrorism because thats what this person has done. this has struck fear into my eyes of losing those i love most.
something must be done
Anonymous

Spokane, WA

#16 Mar 20, 2008
excuse my "typo's", and why does it say i live in lamont, wa?
Bobby L

Las Vegas, NV

#17 Mar 20, 2008
Blehh.
Johnny Cardenas

AOL

#18 Mar 20, 2008
RCHS, the reason massacres have happened at schools in the past is because people just ignored the threats. We've all learned our lessons from ignoring threats like this. People are dead from ignoring things like this. And you still say "quit freaking out and just ignore it?"
EHS student

Woodlands, Canada

#19 Mar 20, 2008
im scared.
ehs senior

Long Beach, CA

#20 Mar 20, 2008
im scared too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Duh 171,878
News Texas middle school teachers resign after anti-... 8 hr Anita Bryant s Jihad 3
News Threat of e-school closure adds to adversity fo... 23 hr Zoe Regen 1
News Transgender woman honoured as a Muskoka Woman o... Fri other burnin issues 3
News MFD seeking leads on arson (Jan '10) Fri NOISY FART 3
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Fri UnDoc Risha 29
News Minority graduates of Chambersburg Area School ... (May '09) Fri Test 36
More from around the web