Deadly wood chipper accident

Deadly wood chipper accident

There are 58 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Nov 23, 2009, titled Deadly wood chipper accident. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

Grief counselors will be at Poquoson High School in Virginia Monday to help students deal with the sudden, tragic loss of one of their classmates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Whatever

New York, NY

#2 Nov 23, 2009
That is too bad. My question is, what is a 15 year old doing operating a wood chipper anyways? Just looked, VA says no one under 18 for hazardous occupations. Someone's in trouble.
virginian

Hampton, VA

#3 Nov 23, 2009
i cried when i heard this piece of news on TV last night. i can't imagine the sort of pain the family and friends of this young man are going through. such a tragic, gruesome accident, and i pray the family is able to find peace.
customer

Rochester, NY

#4 Nov 23, 2009
why didn't he let go of the shovel?
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

#5 Nov 23, 2009
He was 14 not 15, and should NOT been allowed to be near this machine never-mind being part of the work crew that was using it on his own.

I bet his uncle, who is his caretaker and owner of the tree company will not be charged with the boys death, as the black city mom was charged with the dead of her child who died in the house fire, was.
bob

Brockport, NY

#7 Nov 23, 2009
Somebody in in serious trouble, you are definitely right. I am just wondering why he didn't let go of the shovel.
moveonrochester

Farmington, NY

#8 Nov 23, 2009
How tragic. Whom ever was in charge of this business ought to be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Since: Sep 09

United States

#9 Nov 23, 2009
The slut in Rochester left her kids to go BUY BEER !!
marty

New York, NY

#10 Nov 23, 2009
how awful for everyone, his family, friends and the people at the site. I can not stop thinking about this terrible tragedy. My heart is broken for all.
U R My Dingleberries

Rochester, NY

#11 Nov 23, 2009
Leroy Jones wrote:
He was 14 not 15, and should NOT been allowed to be near this machine never-mind being part of the work crew that was using it on his own.
I bet his uncle, who is his caretaker and owner of the tree company will not be charged with the boys death, as the black city mom was charged with the dead of her child who died in the house fire, was.
Black city mom was DIRECTLY responsible for the death of her child.

Whoever was the legal parental unit for the Virginia adolescent is NOT directly responsible for the death of the adolescent.

And so it goes, just another day in the city.

Where mothers go to score crack and drink (40) ouncers while their children by differing babies mommas daddys burn in a fire, that could have been prevented / avoided.

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#12 Nov 23, 2009
Leroy Jones wrote:
You're right, the mother should have been charged. You're absolutely right on this one Leroy.
Blame Game

Rochester, NY

#13 Nov 23, 2009
i_m_watching wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, the mother should have been charged. You're absolutely right on this one Leroy.
Yes, blame is great, ain't it. Solves everything everyday for those of us who love to stand by and judge others. I'm sure Mom is very happy now with one less mouth to feed. She should be punished immediately before she even buries what is left of her son.
Ha Ha

Geneseo, NY

#14 Nov 23, 2009
Blame Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, blame is great, ain't it. Solves everything everyday for those of us who love to stand by and judge others. I'm sure Mom is very happy now with one less mouth to feed. She should be punished immediately before she even buries what is left of her son.
Isn't that in a Zepplin tune ... "they say that blame is better to give than to receive, and I do my best to do my part ...|

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#15 Nov 23, 2009
Blame Game wrote:
<quoted text>
he and I were referring to another story. I'm sorry for you, that you misinterpreted it, as though we were talking about Chip.
wow

United States

#16 Nov 23, 2009
mom can't bury what's left of son as she passed away 5 years ago. and before anyone gets smart, they lost dad 2 years ago.

and as far as referring to the departed as "Chip"... hopefully you will be able to be as funny when tragedy hits you and yours.

a**hole.
friend

Poquoson, VA

#17 Nov 23, 2009
I feel bad for falan his sister because first her mom and dad now her bother. :(
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

#18 Nov 23, 2009
Hockey_Lover wrote:
The **** in Rochester left her kids to go BUY BEER !!
So what is the crime then??
Does the item a person legally buys at the store determine if it's a crime or not???
Your ridiculous.

I'm sure the black city mother, wouldn't allow her kids run a wood chipper at the age of 14, nor would she have dated a man that spent 3 years in jail for assaulting an INFANT.

But if just the fact she bought a beer makes her a worst parent, then I just don't know what this world is coming to.
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

#19 Nov 23, 2009
U R My Dingleberries wrote:
<quoted text>
Black city mom was DIRECTLY responsible for the death of her child.
Whoever was the legal parental unit for the Virginia adolescent is NOT directly responsible for the death of the adolescent.
And so it goes, just another day in the city.
Where mothers go to score crack and drink (40) ouncers while their children by differing babies mommas daddys burn in a fire, that could have been prevented / avoided.
If you read the story on other sites, you will see that he 14yr old's uncle is his legal guardian and the owner of the tree service company, so he is directly responsible for the boy being turned into human carcass chips.
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#20 Nov 23, 2009
Leroy Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is the crime then??
Does the item a person legally buys at the store determine if it's a crime or not???
Your ridiculous.
I'm sure the black city mother, wouldn't allow her kids run a wood chipper at the age of 14, nor would she have dated a man that spent 3 years in jail for assaulting an INFANT.
But if just the fact she bought a beer makes her a worst parent, then I just don't know what this world is coming to.
Are you still in the fight to burrow through that tough concrete. I'd long given in to trying to have people have some sort of heart for others.
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

#21 Nov 23, 2009
Blame Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame should be for white parents the same as as it is used against black parents.
Seems that a black or poor parent screws up, everyone has blame for the parent, yet a white parent screws up and there is NO blame just a load of sympathy for their loss.
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#22 Nov 23, 2009
Leroy Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame should be for white parents the same as as it is used against black parents.
Seems that a black or poor parent screws up, everyone has blame for the parent, yet a white parent screws up and there is NO blame just a load of sympathy for their loss.
Man you have great stamina. Fight on Leroy, fight on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min Big boy 168,829
News Teenage nude Web models (Mar '07) 3 hr Yoyo 12
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) 3 hr good hacker here 743
News Former Teacher Faces Sexual Indecency With A Ch... (Aug '12) 10 hr barryalan1971 10
News Richlands principal retiring (Jun '12) 12 hr Not impressed 14
News Youths feel the money crunch (Oct '08) Mon Welcome to the Ju... 35
News Tennessee Students Set Record ACT Average Score Mon Jerry H 1
More from around the web