Texas School Tells Teen He Can't Wear...

Texas School Tells Teen He Can't Wear Dress to Prom

There are 63 comments on the EDGE story from Feb 25, 2013, titled Texas School Tells Teen He Can't Wear Dress to Prom. In it, EDGE reports that:

A student at a Houston high school says an assistant principal told him he couldn't wear a dress to his senior prom because it violated school policy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#44 Feb 25, 2013
Lance wrote:
Oh never mind, I forgot you're gay and expect to be allowed to do whatever makes you giddy.
I'm a sovereign Citizen and, yes, I do expect to be a FREE to do whatever makes me giddy as long as there's no valid reason to not do so.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#45 Feb 25, 2013
Harry wrote:
Why would any school allow a boy to wear a dress to the prom or to school at all?
Because the person may be a transsexual. What have you got against transsexuals?

Location hidden

#46 Feb 25, 2013
Glen wrote:
<quoted text>
You already have taken over. I see those uniforms everywhere. Usually in places most offensive to normal society. Thanks.
"places offensive to normal society" ?

You mean offensive places like the mall?
Franz

Germany

#50 Feb 25, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a sovereign Citizen and, yes, I do expect to be a FREE to do whatever makes me giddy as long as there's no valid reason to not do so.
The reason not to do so is that the school has a dress code policy. Why is that so hard to understand and so hard to abide by like everyone else does?

When you are at a gay pride festival. feel free to dress as you please, except if you are exposing yourself and in view of the general public.
Franz

Germany

#51 Feb 25, 2013
Krystal03 wrote:
fluck getting permission... just show up... most of the rednecks there will be to busy trying to cop a feel on there sister
Excuse me, the adults are having a conversation here. Go back to the kids table and STFU.

Location hidden

#54 Feb 25, 2013
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have thrown his ass out of town. They are making a mockery of anything and everything. So called ss marriage could be the law of the land tomorrow and it would NEVER be enough. Children is what they really crave.
Obama is an idiot!
Thanks for your show of compassion and understanding.
Nelson

United States

#55 Feb 25, 2013
Lilith_Satans-daughter wrote:
Oh hello children
Shouldn't you be out sucking a wino's d!ck for $5 so you can score a hit of crack?

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#57 Feb 25, 2013
Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>aaaawwwh... does equality got you dowmmmm... try suicide
He must be even uglier than his mama if he's only charging $5.
oats boats

El Paso, TX

#59 Feb 25, 2013
The school has a right because the event is on school property. Does your boss have a right to tell you men not come to work in a dress? Why, yes. He does.
Neko

Japan

#64 Feb 25, 2013
gorilla wrote:
Hope the queer does wear a dress to school and hope he gets his a:ss thrown in the dumpster where he belongs.
Ya need a bum beatin.

Location hidden

#68 Feb 25, 2013
Chance wrote:
They are trying to protect that kid from himself. He looks pretty bad dressed like that.
The dress IS a tragic piece, isn't it!

Girlfriend needs an emergency makeover.

Location hidden

#69 Feb 25, 2013
Franz wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason not to do so is that the school has a dress code policy. Why is that so hard to understand and so hard to abide by like everyone else does?
When you are at a gay pride festival. feel free to dress as you please, except if you are exposing yourself and in view of the general public.
During class hours, fine.

This is a party.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#71 Feb 26, 2013
barbara graham wrote:
You better hope those "Rednecks" don't get a hold of you!
oooOOOooo threats of violence.... how civilized.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#72 Feb 26, 2013
Franz wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, the adults are having a conversation here. Go back to the kids table and STFU.
We'll do that right after you go back to civics class.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#73 Feb 26, 2013
oats boats wrote:
The school has a right because the event is on school property. Does your boss have a right to tell you men not come to work in a dress? Why, yes. He does.
The students have rights, too, ya know.

Location hidden

#76 Feb 26, 2013
gorilla wrote:
Hope the queer does wear a dress to school and hope he gets his a:ss thrown in the dumpster where he belongs.
Spoken like another phony xtain.

Location hidden

#78 Feb 26, 2013
gorilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like another true [email protected]
Your childish name calling means nothing to me except to prove how immature you are.

Location hidden

#79 Feb 27, 2013
Okay. THis thread is on it's last gasp.

On to real discussion elsewhere ...

Location hidden

#80 Feb 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
Okay. THis thread is on it's last gasp.
On to real discussion elsewhere ...
I believe this thread is dead.

RIP
Abe

Dallas, TX

#82 Feb 27, 2013
Franz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said and 100% spot on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Strel 148,934
News Field trip: TPSD retreat paves way for big-pict... 2 hr Too Big Too Fail 5
News NEW Details: Gilmer County Investigating Report... (Jun '14) 21 hr Case follower 593
News South Fayette promotes from within for new assi... Sat No home 2
News Black students disproportionately suspended in ... (Sep '15) Sat gritz 74
News Consider Homeschooling with ADD (Jan '13) Sat Paddling has its ... 10
News Florida teens still behind national average on ... (Aug '08) Sat Paddling has its ... 20
More from around the web