School policy following a bus accident

School policy following a bus accident

There are 7 comments on the KAIT-TV story from Jan 9, 2013, titled School policy following a bus accident. In it, KAIT-TV reports that:

JONESBORO, AR - The Jonesboro Public Schools bus driver involved in the four-vehicle accident Wednesday morning is off duty in accordance with JPS policy, according to administrators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV.

bunga

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jan 25, 2013
JSD should have a policy that drivers need to be 65 years young or younger. Mr. Bob, a great man bye the way was well into his 70's. I am sure that can be very stressful job. JSD can buy fancy administation building off bank that was totally un called for so why dont they hire drivers, pay em very well so they can make a living instead of hiring part time help. Also, administration for all schools should be located on campus, not off campus. Thats bull!!!!
Deerwood

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#2 Jan 25, 2013
You can hear the brats screaming like the wild animals they are before you even see the bus going through Candlewood. Nobody is going to be able to concentrate on their driving with that crap going on, no matter how young or old they are. I hear it's the same on every route in Valley View. Bunch of uncivilized crazies raising their kids to be even worse. They need discipline in the worst way. The parents are a huge fail. It's a shame to put the onus on the schools, but somebody better step up to the plate before it's too late.
the real guest

Ridgedale, MO

#3 Jan 26, 2013
The accident occurred at Main and Johnson. That's clear across town from Candlewood. Maybe kids all over town need discipline and not just those that live in the Valley View school district.

I wonder if the bus driver had some sort of medical issue. Seems rather strange to hit other cars stopped at a red light with enough force to push two of them into the intersection.
was said

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Jan 26, 2013
the real guest wrote:
The accident occurred at Main and Johnson. That's clear across town from Candlewood. Maybe kids all over town need discipline and not just those that live in the Valley View school district.

I wonder if the bus driver had some sort of medical issue. Seems rather strange to hit other cars stopped at a red light with enough force to push two of them into the intersection.
Believe he fell asleep at the well.. Stating zero facts only what was told but I mean that happens to young people all the time behind the wheel not just old people .. Stay up a little later than normal wake up a little sooner to make sure a bus is warm for the kids and you close ur eyes for a second and that's a second to Long... But why get on and bash.. Could happen to anyone .. Time to grow up.. These days older people have to work like anyone else .. Can't afford not to...

Lockhart, TX

#5 Jan 27, 2013
[QUOTE
I wonder if the bus driver had some sort of medical issue. Seems rather strange to hit other cars stopped at a red light with enough force to push two of them into the intersection.[/QUOTE]

I was involved in that accident and thought there was something wrong with the driver or the bus.
He pushed two trucks through the intersection and hit me with enough force to turn my car 180 degrees. He never slowed down until he jumped the curb and hit the fence.
get real

Russia

#6 Jan 27, 2013
the real guest wrote:
MAYBE?????????? The rotten thugs all over this town are a threat and a menace to themselves and everybody around them because the PARENTS raise them to be!!!!
the real guest

Ridgedale, MO

#7 Jan 28, 2013
get real wrote:
MAYBE?????????? The rotten thugs all over this town are a threat and a menace to themselves and everybody around them because the PARENTS raise them to be!!!!
In light of those feelings, have you considered relocating to another area?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News South Fayette promotes from within for new assi... 2 hr Harry the able man 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Don Barros Serrano 148,874
News Field trip: TPSD retreat paves way for big-pict... 10 hr Retreating 3
News Black students disproportionately suspended in ... (Sep '15) 14 hr gritz 74
News Consider Homeschooling with ADD (Jan '13) Sat Paddling has its ... 10
News Florida teens still behind national average on ... (Aug '08) Sat Paddling has its ... 20
News In the fight against sexual assault, this schoo... Sat Paddling has its ... 4
More from around the web