Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,112

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#107339 Jun 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>U R about as retarded asan inbred! Perhaps, U R inbred and YES we do know who U R! Run in front of my vehicle and see if I dont run u over. I hate cats like U! U R RETARDED! What kind of name is that anyways? A retarded one thats what kind! UR going to burn in hell kitty cat! ROTFLMAO at U TARDO!
Death threats right off the bat from the religious. No surprise at all. Must be one of those following Deuteronomy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107340 Jun 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
He said that the gay couple was brought into a classroom, so I thought he was talking about public school and it was to address bullying. Then he says it was a college course (and doesn't name the course title), so it wasn't a k-12 school and all who were present were adults.
He said that a man wanted to marry a goat according to a radio news report that he flipped past. A web search reveals it was a spoof - but he thinks it still validates his "slippery slope" idea. So much for the integrity of his "priesthood."
I can just hear the good little LDS kids playing tag on the playground.
"My daddy" <punch> "says that you are" <punch> "Hold him!" "an abomination" <punch> <kick> "in the eyes of God" <kick>
Aww.. aren't they just sooo cute?
Obviously it is far from "cute" and sarcasm is not likely to wake "Do Whut" out of his slumber of being complicit in the violence that is brought on by the indoctrinated kids in school.
He lives in complete ignorant bliss, due to his religious indoctrination.
His holy book tells him it is the right thing to do, and no matter what logical objections are given, he refuses to question his dogma.
This is the great flaw of religion. It is the same recipe that lead to 9/11. Blind faith is dangerous.

Religion is dangerous. This is a great example of how even modern Christians are perpetrating a dangerous idea.
They claim to be following a harmless personal belief, but this is part of the delusion.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#107341 Jun 22, 2013
"The Greatest Failure Of Man Was The Creation Of A Creator." if gods best way of lettin us know about him is only from a book that is contradictory and in some cases just straight out sickening and vile, then i dont think that is a very powerful or smart god to begin with.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107342 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think they need to teach homosexuality in grade school?
I didn't say that.

But if a homosexual couple came into a grade school on some kind of "family day" or "family week" and talked to the kids for a few minutes about their life as a couple that should be no more of a problem than if a it was a straight couple. And it would actually be far more appropriate since most kids don't hear about that stuff in a positive light.

Religious traditions are hostile to this idea, which creates a hostile environment for homosexuals. We need to change that.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107343 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not derived from another church. It claims to be a restoration of the original church that Jesus started. Protestants came from protesting the Catholic Church. This is not the case with the LDS church. Understand?
You do understand that Protestantism is exactly what you're describing right? That's the whole point.

So your church making the claim that it has the direct line to god is not different than any other church doing the same god-damn thing.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107345 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Any time I have looked it up, I find that there is no conclusive evidence. That's what science says. If there are a few scientists that say one way, and others that say another, then it should not be taught, because they don't know. Either way they taught it would be leaning towards a bias.
I know enough about nature to know that whether we can agree on a creator or not, procreation cannot take place with same gender sexual intercourse. The result is the same as when Kelly Bundy accused her little brother of planning a family with his pillow.
One of the most successful species on earth, has large groups of individuals who never procreate, ants. Ants are the most abundant species on the planet.
Marriage is not just about procreation. Relationships are not just about procreation.
Their are seven billion humans on the planet. Having a few gay persons around is not going to keep the population from dwindling.
If a gay person helps a relative raise a his child, he has been a part of the system that reproduces his genes. You see, our relatives are part of our genetic makeup, thus helping them to survive and reproduce is part of the system. This is why ants have large groups of worker ants that never procreate.
If Bud Bundy helped to raise a child Kelly Bundy produced, he would be propagating many of his own genes by way of helping them to survive. Reproduction needs survival of the offspring for the gene pool to continue. You forget that critical part, survival.
Evolution has two major parts, procreation and survival. Leave half of the equation out and you just make no logical sense. Homosexuals can be integral in that half of the equation.
I have pointed this out before, but as usual, you ignore the facts and points that prove your claims as invalid.
Try actually addressing the points as if you have something solid to stand on. As of yet, you run from them on a regular basis as if your beliefs are weak and have no support.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107346 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this was a college course. It was part of the curriculum.
I was flipping channels when I heard the news. I kept flipping.
And the slope thing is most usually accurate. Look at piercings. I personally do not care if someone wants to poke holes all over themselves. To each his own, but I can guarantee that our society does not find it acceptable yet, because it limits their professional career greatly.
You failed to demonstrate what the slippery slope of piercings were.
Piercings on an excessive level in our society have always been problematic for many careers. So I see no slip or slope.

Even if some things do have a slippery slope, which I can agree that it happens, you cannot claim gay marriage will certainly cause one. Now you can worry about it all you wish, but you have yet to demonstrate with logic and reason how gay marriage is comparable to bestiality.

Not all changes cause a negative slippery slope.
Perceived possible slippery slopes are not a good reason to keep rights or privileges unequal.

I have no doubt that those who made up the idea of keeping women out of the priesthood were worried about the slippery slope of women in power this might lead towards.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#107347 Jun 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why people can't get this.
When two adults have a relationship it is a mutual activity. Human sexuality is on a wide spectrum and it does include some very harmful things, such as bestiality. But bestiality is not a consensual adult relationship. For fuck's sake it involves two species.
The slippery slope I was referring to is when people assume that acceptance of homosexuality (mutual adult consent) leads to bestiality (animal rape).
Do you understand the difference? You are making a categorical error in your logic.
But the Slope is there, oiled and ready because the argument you make can also apply to 1 guy and 20 woman, 1 woman and 20 guys, 10 guys and 10 women...(mutual adult consent)... which then can Glide to segments thinking a 18 year old guy having sexual contact with a 16 year old girl is ok, or a 20 year old girl and a 16 year old boy... Or a 19 year old boy with a 15 year old boy... is ok because maturity is not a age thing.... Which can lead to a woman not seeing the problem with her Adult German Shepard showing her mutual adult consent ....

There is no error in my logic as all of the above has been at past points in human history Acceptable due to Social Norms of the time and the Only factor that sets the bar for a Heterosexual lifestyle is the social accepted norm of the time and the generalized movement of that social accepted norm historically slipped and slid in both directions...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107348 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This is prophesied in the New Testament. We are told that before the second coming there would be a falling away from the church. We are also told that the heavens will be rolled up as a scroll (God will not directly speak to man. Ie. prophets) for a time. And we are also told there will be a restitution of all things.
I'm not saying He screwed up anything. I'm saying He fulfilled the prophesies.
Predicting a "falling away from the church" is not a prophesy, it is a prediction that would be in line with all religious history. It is an educated guess.

A prophesy would be something like claiming their would never be a falling away, and the prediction held true. This would truly be amazing and contradictory to all historical events.
But as usual, your religion is like all others.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107349 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you put millions in a room alone and they all came out with the exact same story, I'd certainly investigate a little more.
Even the four gospels of the new testament do not tell the exact same story. One does not even tell of Jesus coming back to teach. Kind of a large part to leave out if it actually happened. Funny part is, this was the first known gospel to be written.
It is as if a few decades later the Jesus coming back to teach was added to the original story.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107350 Jun 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
But they don't come out with the same story.... If they came out with the same story there would not be 13,000 Christian denominations not to mention assorted Jewish, Muslim and other variations of the God delusion.... But in groups delusion can be contagious and is called Mass Hallucination...
We all keep pointing out this glaring fact, yet I never hear a rebuttal to the point.
In order to keep oneself in a delusion, one must ignore facts such as this. I assume this is why they never give a logical reason for the indisputable historical fact.

#107351 Jun 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We all keep pointing out this glaring fact, yet I never hear a rebuttal to the point.
In order to keep oneself in a delusion, one must ignore facts such as this. I assume this is why they never give a logical reason for the indisputable historical fact.
The Why is simple... "You cannot have a Logical, Rational conversation with an Illogical, Irrational person"

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107352 Jun 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Slope is there, oiled and ready because the argument you make can also apply to 1 guy and 20 woman, 1 woman and 20 guys, 10 guys and 10 women...(mutual adult consent)... which then can Glide to segments thinking a 18 year old guy having sexual contact with a 16 year old girl is ok, or a 20 year old girl and a 16 year old boy... Or a 19 year old boy with a 15 year old boy... is ok because maturity is not a age thing.... Which can lead to a woman not seeing the problem with her Adult German Shepard showing her mutual adult consent ....
There is no error in my logic as all of the above has been at past points in human history Acceptable due to Social Norms of the time and the Only factor that sets the bar for a Heterosexual lifestyle is the social accepted norm of the time and the generalized movement of that social accepted norm historically slipped and slid in both directions...
Well animals other than humans cannot have constitutional rights and the sort, so the slope for that argument must be pretty darn long.
To keep our society relatively equal for humans, citing the slippery slope is not very good grounds, period, even if their is some possible slope to be seen.
You are withholding freedoms for others, due to perceived fears that are less than likely to come to fruition.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107353 Jun 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I did use the word "Tard"!
The shame would not be on me, as Being a Tard purposely is being ignorant/stupid! That is what it means!
Bible study does go on in our schools, and the proposed rules is what the bill was for!
The Bible has a great history in the US's founding, and growth, and the Lack of it... is our downfall!
Believing otherwise, and denying the evidence of it...
is being a Tard!
You really should look up the word before you try to define it. The irony is unbelievable.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107354 Jun 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Those things have NOT happened yet!
"the heavens will be rolled up as a scroll"
This should tell you....
You will NOT be flying to another Planet to populate it...
Don't you think?
Another thing...
Read Revelation... NOWHERE does it say you'll fly off to another plane... NONE of the Bible says that! Only Joseph Smith...
The Conman!
Read the Bible man... throw away the BOM!
You will be glad you did!
Sounds like someones holy ghost is not sending the correct telepathic messages.

#107355 Jun 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well animals other than humans cannot have constitutional rights and the sort, so the slope for that argument must be pretty darn long.
To keep our society relatively equal for humans, citing the slippery slope is not very good grounds, period, even if their is some possible slope to be seen.
You are withholding freedoms for others, due to perceived fears that are less than likely to come to fruition.
"less than likely to come to fruition."

A Net Search dispels that view in a couple of clicks......

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107356 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, his religion doesn't sound any more crazy than your religion. I mean "heavens roll up" .... seriously? How do you expect them to roll up like a scroll?
Something that is not real can disappear without a trace.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107357 Jun 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"less than likely to come to fruition."
A Net Search dispels that view in a couple of clicks......
Then make your case.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107359 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything about beating up someone. I teach my kids never to interfere in the lives of others unless it is to befriend them. I have gay friends believe it or not.
And no, I'm not against sex ed. I just prefer it be done by bringing a medical professional in for that class.
So you are willing to pay more taxes for the medical professionals?

You do not have to directly tell someone to use violence to incite one to be violent.
The way you speak of homosexuality, you put it in line with crimes.
And we are not just talking about your personal kids. You are speaking on a world wide forum. You have opened up your views of this for all to see. And the way the Mormon church funded the agenda for prop. 8, you are part of the organization that conspires to demand those outside their church to follow your religious beliefs by way of law.
So when you now say you are against interference of others, I call bull. You seem to be in denial about so much.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107360 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Slippery slope that has been discussed here before is what I was referring to.
Yes someone else mentioned it was a hoax. That's great, but it will happen soon enough even if it's just to make a statement.
Yes most piercings heal up. But most still leave scars. I can tell the guys that I work with that used to have them. There's still an indention. Funny thing is, a girl that worked for me had quarter sized gauges in. She tried to tell me it would grow right back if she took them out. That still makes me laugh.
I still fail to see any comparison with the piercings. Care to elaborate?

No one is trying to make bestiality legal, or marriage to animals recognized by the state.
Just what is the common thread bestiality have with gay marriage?
It sounds to me as if you are just repeating talking points that have no rhyme or reason to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How one city is welcoming hundreds of migrant c... 28 min deja 6
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 32 min Wondering 108
RCSD launches new attendance campaign 2 hr dont kneed skool 7
Changwon City Offers Student Exchange Program 11 hr SHlTWORMEXIMNAUDE... 100
Atheist group, angry mom go ballistic over pray... (Jun '13) 15 hr Atheist-Teacher 2
14 CHS students suspended 17 hr Notorious 14
Myrtle Point school officials handling MRSA sit... 22 hr tortise 1

Education Etc. People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE