Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 164712 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#93777 Jan 8, 2013
Firefighter wrote:
The fathers of the USA based its constitution on the bible and what is in it, such as the 10 commandments! Ever school in the USA should be taught the bible and say the pledge to the American flag every day! This is what made this country free! People fought and died for the bible and our USA flag! If some don't like it they should go to another country! God Bless God and what he has done! And God Bless the USA! AMEN!!!
No, the fathers of the USA based the Constitution on freedom, and the first freedom is to be free from your religion.
You are a bold faced liar!
Oh, the ten commandments no longer apply because they are in the old testament.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#93778 Jan 8, 2013
Firefighter wrote:
The fathers of the USA based its constitution on the bible and what is in it, such as the 10 commandments! Ever school in the USA should be taught the bible and say the pledge to the American flag every day! This is what made this country free! People fought and died for the bible and our USA flag! If some don't like it they should go to another country! God Bless God and what he has done! And God Bless the USA! AMEN!!!
Two things1) You do not have special rights that other people do not have, and 2) if you do not love freedom, the Constitution than you are not a real American. Our solders fought for every ones freedom and that means people have a right to be free from your cult

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#93779 Jan 8, 2013
Piers Morgan reports that an official White House website hosts a petition to deport him because of his political speech.

Down with Obama for making America more like Russia.

“Statism is slavery”

Since: Jan 13

Somerset, KY

#93780 Jan 8, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Romans 1
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for
ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause God gave them up to vile affections. For
even their women did change the natural use into that which is
against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one towards another; men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves
that recompense of their error which was meet.
1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their]
knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those
things which are not convenient;
1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication,
wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder,
debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters,
inventers of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1:31 Without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural
affection, implacable, unmerciful:
1:32 Who, knowing the judgment of God, that they who commit such
things are worthy of death; not only do the same, but have
pleasure in them that do them.
.
This isn't the ONLY book in the NT to say this...
WRONG is Wrong... no matter how you WANT to spin it!
Buy a clue!
You should read the whole Bible with an understanding of history, culture, and even language. Even when the Bible (not necessarily God) says homosexuality is wrong, it's NEVER okay to use force to ban it.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#93782 Jan 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Piers Morgan reports that an official White House website hosts a petition to deport him because of his political speech.
Down with Obama for making America more like Russia.
Yes, like hanging around in afganistan for 10 years.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#93784 Jan 8, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, the ten commandments no longer apply because they are in the old testament.
Are you sure about that?

“Statism is slavery”

Since: Jan 13

Somerset, KY

#93786 Jan 8, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure about that?
No. lol! The Old Testament is still valid to Christians. Christ didn't replace the Ten Commandments, just added onto them.
Student

Cave City, KY

#93787 Jan 8, 2013
Them them choose to be in the class. It's an option
Abc

Cave City, KY

#93788 Jan 8, 2013
It's in college. Why not high school or middle school
Futete

Clay City, KY

#93789 Jan 8, 2013
Abc wrote:
It's in college. Why not high school or middle school
They also have courses in Philosophy and Star Trek "Georgetown University", The Art of Walking "Centre College", Daytime Serials: Family and Social Roles "University of Wisconsin", Joy of Garbage "Santa Clara University", The Science of Superheroes " University of California at Irvine", Zombies in Popular Media "Columbia College, Chicago", The Science of Harry Potter "Frostburg State University", and even one I would enroll in, Cyberporn and Society "State University of New York at Buffalo". In College you pick and choose if you want to waste your time with nonsense. They have enough with real studies trying to keep up with the rest of the World. Wasting their time studying nonsense and falling even further behind is a bad idea.
stand up

Mooresville, NC

#93790 Jan 8, 2013
we need god more in our lives to make this world a better place for us out children and their children

“Statism is slavery”

Since: Jan 13

Somerset, KY

#93791 Jan 9, 2013
Futete wrote:
<quoted text>They also have courses in Philosophy and Star Trek "Georgetown University", The Art of Walking "Centre College", Daytime Serials: Family and Social Roles "University of Wisconsin", Joy of Garbage "Santa Clara University", The Science of Superheroes " University of California at Irvine", Zombies in Popular Media "Columbia College, Chicago", The Science of Harry Potter "Frostburg State University", and even one I would enroll in, Cyberporn and Society "State University of New York at Buffalo". In College you pick and choose if you want to waste your time with nonsense. They have enough with real studies trying to keep up with the rest of the World. Wasting their time studying nonsense and falling even further behind is a bad idea.
Some colleges even offer courses in Elvish (language from Lord of the Rings).
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#93794 Jan 9, 2013
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit, it is pretty funny is that you cite the length of my relationship (which is longer than MANY heterosexual "jesus based" ones), then demand I repent of love as those love is a sin.
Do you think a long term relationship can function without love? If you do, I feel sorry for you.
The fact that I have been in a committed, loving relationship for that long must gall you, since it proves your beliefs wrong that homosexuality is all about sex and humping. It isn't. It is about love and companionship - just like any heterosexual relationship.
I am very proud that my life can serve as a glaring fact to disprove your dogma.
I have no doubts you love the guy...
I have loved a few myself!
I just know the truth of it, and now I love my wife, and VERY Happy!
You do whatever you want, believe whatever you want, but I Pray
You wake up to the Truth!
so true

New Haven, KY

#93795 Jan 9, 2013
Good Early Morning , to all... Hope you at least wake up this morning...
There's only now…
There's only here...
Give in to love...
Or live in fear...
No other path...
No other way...
No day but today...
No day but today."
Just as long as we rise.
so true

New Haven, KY

#93796 Jan 9, 2013
Lets us all eat cupcakes today (just the nonfat kind.lol)
There once was a little boy who wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with cupcakes, several cans of root beer and started on his journey.

When he had gone about three blocks, he saw an elderly woman. She was sitting on a park bench watching the pigeons. The boy sat down next to her and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink from his root beer when he noticed the lady looked hungry so he offered her a cupcake. She gratefully accepted and smiled at him.

Her smile was so wonderful that he wanted to see it again, so he offered a root beer as well. Once again she smiled at him. The boy was delighted!

They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling without saying a word.

As it began to grow dark, the boy realized how tired he was and wanted to go home. He got up to leave but before he had gone no more than a few steps, he turned around and ran back to the old woman, giving her a big hug. She gave him her biggest smile ever.

When the boy arrived home his Mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face. She asked, "What has made you so happy today?" He replied, "I had lunch with God." Before his mother could respond he added, "You know what? She's got the most beautiful smile in the whole world!"

Meanwhile, the old woman, also radiant with joy, returned to her home. Her son was stunned by the look of peace on her face. He asked, "Mother, what has made you so happy today?" She replied, "I ate cupcakes in the park with God." And before her son could reply, she added, "You know, he is much younger than I expected."

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring; all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

Take no one for granted and embrace all equally with joy!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#93797 Jan 9, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure about that?
Any time something forbidden in the old testament is brought up the christians say they are not under the old testament they are under the new testament.
Wrong again Sparky

Georgetown, KY

#93798 Jan 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No, the fathers of the USA based the Constitution on freedom, and the first freedom is to be free from your religion.
You are a bold faced liar!
Oh, the ten commandments no longer apply because they are in the old testament.
It must be miserable to be ignorant of facts!
In case you missed it, Jesus reiterated the Big Ten all though the NT, and said to,
Love God with all your being, and
Love your neighbor as yourself... In this hangs
the Law, and the Prophets!
And when you think about it... it does!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#93799 Jan 9, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>It must be miserable to be ignorant of facts!
In case you missed it, Jesus reiterated the Big Ten all though the NT, and said to,
Love God with all your being, and
Love your neighbor as yourself... In this hangs
the Law, and the Prophets!
And when you think about it... it does!
Did jesus eat pork and shellfish?
Wrong again Sparky

Georgetown, KY

#93800 Jan 9, 2013
KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the whole Bible with an understanding of history, culture, and even language. Even when the Bible (not necessarily God) says homosexuality is wrong, it's NEVER okay to use force to ban it.
No! You use Logic, Information, and GOOD teaching to get rid of it!
I have read it, and God cleaned me of perversions...
If God got rid of my homosexual desires...
It MUST be an Abomination in His eyes!
You're just rationalizing!
As Wrong is Wrong!
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#93801 Jan 9, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yourean idiot. The fathers of the usa included separation of church and state. The usa was formed by people who were seeking freedom From religion. If you really are a firefighter and chose to do that job knowing the risks, I hope you die in a fire to save the rest of us from your delusional rants about your imaginary god .
"I hope you die in a fire"?
I guess, nasty is as nasty does!
I've seen things come around and bite those that send them out!
I Hope you do NOT die in a fire, and I Hope it's the Firefighter that pulls you out!
God is real... He saved me!
Repent!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Education chief seeks modern solutions 20 min Tyron 2
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 8 hr Timbra 169
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) 9 hr Frankie 733
News Higher millage OK'd in Blytheville district 11 hr Rayray 43
News Education - Grayson Teacher Arrested For Sexual... (Dec '07) 12 hr Quit victim blami... 27
News California Lawmakers Spend More, Avoid Reform: ... Sat Solarman 1
News South El Monte teacher arrested on suspicion of... Sat bromoballz 3
More from around the web