Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,218)

Showing posts 84,341 - 84,360 of122,788
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Creation wrote:
<quoted text>Well by all means do something that reasonably refutes the information lifted from creationist websites and then we can talk.
It's been done. Over and over. Go to talkorigins.com and read up.

Meanwhile, how about tackling my list of questions?

Or just one of them. Why is my sinus cavity designed exactly like I used to walk on all four legs?
Creation

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

You use your sinus cavities to walk on all four legs?
Cliff White

Payson, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Great! Now all the youngsters will know which minorities they need to hate to get into heaven!
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

MODERN-DAY WITNESSES
In this final day of judgment of the ungodly world, which began when the “appointed times of the nations” ran out in 1914 C.E., a great crowd of witnesses has covered the earth in making known Jehovah’s name and kingdom. Their method of witnessing concerning their hope is frowned upon by Christendom, just as the Jewish religious leaders looked down on Jesus and his apostles.(Luke 21:24; John 7:45-52; Acts 5:27-29) Jehovah’s Witnesses do not rely on a few elite clergymen, the product of religious seminaries, to represent them in a pulpit or on television or radio. Rather, they themselves are a society of preachers, more than two million strong, who witness on a person-to-person basis. From house to house, in public places, and informally, they make known the hope of the “good news” that they have taken into their hearts.(Acts 5:42; 20:20, 21; 1 Pet. 3:15) Faithfully, they sound the warning that this world is in its judgment day and faces “great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.”—Matt. 24:21, 22.
Thus, in modern times, the Christian witnesses of Jehovah have accomplished, by the help of God’s spirit, works ‘greater’—more extensive—than Jesus’ works while he was on earth. They take no credit to themselves for this. Rather, they are happy, individually, to be the kind of persons described by Paul:“You behold [God’s] calling of you, brothers, that not many wise in a fleshly way were called, not many powerful, not many of noble birth; but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put the strong things to shame; and God chose the ignoble things of the world and the things looked down upon, the things that are not, that he might bring to nothing the things that are, in order that no flesh might boast in the sight of God.”(1 Cor. 1:26-29) Often it is the humble Kingdom Witness,“foolish” by worldly standards but rich in faith, who reaches the hearts of those who pause to listen.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>They are not your schools. And the public school system has done more to teach people how to read and write than any other system has. Of course if people can not read they will not see all of the evil in the bible right?
Yea Satan is in there too, Jesus never said he wasn't, in fact he said he was. He teaches eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, the doctrine of the old testament is the doctrine of Satan. Just Read Matthew 5:38,39; 43-48.

John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, MOSES GAVE YOU NOT that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the TRUE BREAD from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text> Yea Satan is in there too, Jesus never said he wasn't, in fact he said he was. He teaches eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, the doctrine of the old testament is the doctrine of Satan. Just Read Matthew 5:38,39; 43-48.
John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, MOSES GAVE YOU NOT that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the TRUE BREAD from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
So, So the Ten Commandments came from Satan???
Nope the Evil in your bible is from YOUR god

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text> Yea Satan is in there too, Jesus never said he wasn't, in fact he said he was. He teaches eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, the doctrine of the old testament is the doctrine of Satan. Just Read Matthew 5:38,39; 43-48.
And really, do you think that I do not know your bible? I have read it hundreds of times and it keeps getting funnier every time

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Moby Dick
Chapter 3
"Better sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunken Christian."
Aye matey.
Creation

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

I don't think even the blackest atheist has an idea of what real separation [from God] will be. Outer darkness. What we live in you might call ... "inner darkness."

JOHN UPDIKE, Rabbit, Run

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Creation wrote:
I don't think even the blackest atheist has an idea of what real separation [from God] will be. Outer darkness. What we live in you might call ... "inner darkness."
JOHN UPDIKE, Rabbit, Run
ROTFLMFAO really LOL sorry cant stop laughing.
What makes you think that you will live forever and ever? When we die that is it, we are no longer. There is no forever
Creation

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMFAO really LOL sorry cant stop laughing.
What makes you think that you will live forever and ever? When we die that is it, we are no longer. There is no forever
Good luck with that.
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been done. Over and over. Go to talkorigins.com and read up.
Meanwhile, how about tackling my list of questions?
Or just one of them. Why is my sinus cavity designed exactly like I used to walk on all four legs?
Was it designed?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it designed?
Yes.. By Evolution over millions of years ...
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.. By Evolution over millions of years ...
Evolution with a capitol "E"?
Interesting.
well

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that evolution is not an intelligent force. It does not "seek" to make things "better".
And you say your sinus cavities were designed?

design:
(noun) a specification of an object, manifested by an agent, intended to accomplish goals, in a particular environment, using a set of primitive components, satisfying a set of requirements, subject to constraints;
(verb, transitive) to create a design, in an environment (where the designer operates)[2]
Another definition for design is a roadmap or a strategic approach for someone to achieve a unique expectation. It defines the specifications, plans, parameters, costs, activities, processes and how and what to do within legal, political, social, environmental, safety and economic constraints in achieving that objective.[3]

This is what is called, wading woefully out of your depth.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution with a capitol "E"?
Interesting.
I use Capitols for Emphasis in type since You cannot hear they words as I speak them.... It has Absolutely Nothing to do with the importance I place in the words I Capitalize....
Heart

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

your choice wrote:
Hebrews 10:26
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins
he also knows ur heart, and no love can b hide from him.
Prov 2828

Logan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

CountryGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's NAME was LUCIFER. He's a fallen angel. He was cast out of Heaven along with one-third of his followers when he tried to overthrow God. And btw, the Bible is not stupid. It's your road map to life. I advise you to read it. Atheist or not.
I agree. Thank you for posting.
Your unknown Sibling in Eternity
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Yiago reported abuse on his own post in order to hide his failing arguement.

#88013 = gone

Hilarious.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
And you say your sinus cavities were designed?
design:
(noun) a specification of an object, manifested by an agent, intended to accomplish goals, in a particular environment, using a set of primitive components, satisfying a set of requirements, subject to constraints;
(verb, transitive) to create a design, in an environment (where the designer operates)[2]
Another definition for design is a roadmap or a strategic approach for someone to achieve a unique expectation. It defines the specifications, plans, parameters, costs, activities, processes and how and what to do within legal, political, social, environmental, safety and economic constraints in achieving that objective.[3]
This is what is called, wading woefully out of your depth.
I was wondering how many people would ignore the actual question and jump on the language.

Language is imperfect. Scientists use the term "design" all the time. It is just a figure of speech. If I was referring to some kind of intelligent design I might use a term like...oh, I don't know...INTELLIGENT DESIGN.

lol, Creationists.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 84,341 - 84,360 of122,788
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••