Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,917

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88012 Oct 4, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMFAO really LOL sorry cant stop laughing.
What makes you think that you will live forever and ever? When we die that is it, we are no longer. There is no forever
Good luck with that.
well

United States

#88014 Oct 4, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been done. Over and over. Go to talkorigins.com and read up.
Meanwhile, how about tackling my list of questions?
Or just one of them. Why is my sinus cavity designed exactly like I used to walk on all four legs?
Was it designed?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Bimble, KY

#88015 Oct 4, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it designed?
Yes.. By Evolution over millions of years ...
well

United States

#88016 Oct 4, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.. By Evolution over millions of years ...
Evolution with a capitol "E"?
Interesting.
well

Butler, KY

#88017 Oct 4, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that evolution is not an intelligent force. It does not "seek" to make things "better".
And you say your sinus cavities were designed?

design:
(noun) a specification of an object, manifested by an agent, intended to accomplish goals, in a particular environment, using a set of primitive components, satisfying a set of requirements, subject to constraints;
(verb, transitive) to create a design, in an environment (where the designer operates)[2]
Another definition for design is a roadmap or a strategic approach for someone to achieve a unique expectation. It defines the specifications, plans, parameters, costs, activities, processes and how and what to do within legal, political, social, environmental, safety and economic constraints in achieving that objective.[3]

This is what is called, wading woefully out of your depth.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Bimble, KY

#88018 Oct 4, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution with a capitol "E"?
Interesting.
I use Capitols for Emphasis in type since You cannot hear they words as I speak them.... It has Absolutely Nothing to do with the importance I place in the words I Capitalize....
Heart

Bowling Green, KY

#88019 Oct 4, 2012
your choice wrote:
Hebrews 10:26
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins
he also knows ur heart, and no love can b hide from him.
Prov 2828

Logan, OH

#88021 Oct 4, 2012
CountryGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's NAME was LUCIFER. He's a fallen angel. He was cast out of Heaven along with one-third of his followers when he tried to overthrow God. And btw, the Bible is not stupid. It's your road map to life. I advise you to read it. Atheist or not.
I agree. Thank you for posting.
Your unknown Sibling in Eternity
well

United States

#88022 Oct 5, 2012
Yiago reported abuse on his own post in order to hide his failing arguement.

#88013 = gone

Hilarious.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#88023 Oct 5, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
And you say your sinus cavities were designed?
design:
(noun) a specification of an object, manifested by an agent, intended to accomplish goals, in a particular environment, using a set of primitive components, satisfying a set of requirements, subject to constraints;
(verb, transitive) to create a design, in an environment (where the designer operates)[2]
Another definition for design is a roadmap or a strategic approach for someone to achieve a unique expectation. It defines the specifications, plans, parameters, costs, activities, processes and how and what to do within legal, political, social, environmental, safety and economic constraints in achieving that objective.[3]
This is what is called, wading woefully out of your depth.
I was wondering how many people would ignore the actual question and jump on the language.

Language is imperfect. Scientists use the term "design" all the time. It is just a figure of speech. If I was referring to some kind of intelligent design I might use a term like...oh, I don't know...INTELLIGENT DESIGN.

lol, Creationists.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#88024 Oct 5, 2012
Creation wrote:
You use your sinus cavities to walk on all four legs?
Cue rimshot.

Your sinuses are carried over from ancestor species that walked on all fours. That is why they don't drain properly.

If evolution is false, why are your sinuses arranged this way? What possible reason could a Designer have for making them APPEAR as if they are artifacts of older designs that have not been updated very much?

Creationists want to attack the theory of evolution. Ok. But what is your idea to put in its place? What scientific argument can you provide to offer the best explanation?
well

United States

#88025 Oct 5, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering how many people would ignore the actual question and jump on the language.
Language is imperfect. Scientists use the term "design" all the time. It is just a figure of speech. If I was referring to some kind of intelligent design I might use a term like...oh, I don't know...INTELLIGENT DESIGN.
lol, Creationists.
Design dosen't equal blind chance. The two are contradictory.
This is where your arguement falls apart everytime. You tried to delete your statement to hide your failure.

Science isn't about a figure of speech. Blind chance did not create something that was so evidently designed. Come back and try again later. Your toast on this one.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#88026 Oct 5, 2012
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Who is this God, you so fervently push down others throats?
Do you even know the history of the Holy Book of Holes?
Do you realize that before the 1300`s it didn`t even exist?
Do you know WHY the very first compilation of stories were assimilated?
Do you realize that the only reason the Book of Holes was formed, was to be able to control the weak of mind?
"Who is this God, you so fervently push down others throats?"
* The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob...
* The One, and ONLY True God!
* This is a blog about the Bible... You have the freedom to NOT
* read anything on this site... But here you are!

"Do you even know the history of the Holy Book of Holes?"
* If you are talking of the Holy Bible... Yes I do!

"Do you realize that before the 1300`s it didn`t even exist?"
* Obviously you do not know anuthing about the Bible!

"Do you know WHY the very first compilation of stories were assimilated?"
* You do know this statement shows more about you than you might
* want anyone to know!

"Do you realize that the only reason the Book of Holes was formed, was to be able to control the weak of mind?"
* Hahahahahahaha!
* You mean the weak minded people that don't know that it's
* Wrong to sin, and kill the Babies that are created for convenience,
* along with those that don't know what a rectom is for...
You never have to be ashamed of making a "Right" decision!
Choose Rightly, or you will be ashamed!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#88027 Oct 5, 2012
Great debate Wednesday night...
Romney politely handed Obama's arse to him!
Strong, firm, and concise!
Obama playes his cards right...
he can golf the rest of his life!
I can't wait to see what Ryan does to Biden!
Hahahaha!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#88028 Oct 5, 2012
you know wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I've always wondered what separated the rock layers into distinctly different mineral layers then laid them down like a stack of pancakes.
The other thing is, why are there no erosion ditches between the layers?
Like I said, I can shake up dirt and water in a glass jar and watch it settle out into strata that look basically like the layers in most any highway cut around the country.
We're going out west in a week and if you've ever seen the grand canyon then you know that the layers are flat and parallel for miles. No erosion ditches between the layers either. It's really amazing to see.
Another great post!
In the grand canyon... they even have "Bent" layers...
Means they had to be soft to bend!
They have to Over look the evidence to keep their views alive!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#88029 Oct 5, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sciurumimus albersdoerferi is an Early (approx 140 million years old) dino showing thin feathers more for insulation than flight...
As for Archaeopteryx there have been found several fossils all showing the same feather patterns and teeth along with many of the structures attributed to several dino species... All Verified and Validated ... And there are at least 8 published scientific papers that have past peer review... But heres a good place to start your research..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeopteryx
Fossils of Epidendrosaurus, Pedopenna and Xiaotingia show details that they also had feathers...
But the most compelling evidence is the bone structures such as shoulder design, hollow and air spaced structure, and of course they layed eggs... and the presence of wish bones ...
Protarchaeopteryx robusta was just a Bird that could not fly, had teeth, a wish bone and hollow bones Just like Utah Rapror and T-Rex...
In other words... Birds are Dinosaurs... All birds are Dinosaurs but not all dinosaurs were birds...
http://www.answersingenesis.or g/
http://www.discovery.org/
http://www.creationtoday.org/
Fill your data set with more than just 'Godless' views...
He saved me... He is real :-)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#88030 Oct 5, 2012
whatever wrote:
Feathered dinosaurs are theoretical transitional forms required by the evolutionist worldview, which holds that birds have evolved from reptiles in the distant past. Throughout the years, there have been many excavations that claim to have discovered dinosaurs with feathers. While there is no evidence rejecting the idea that there could have been feathered dinosaurs, there is also no evidence proving, without doubt, that there were. There is evidence that in at least some cases these so-called feathered dinosaurs are really misidentified birds. Also, most of these fossils are from China, of which they are known to have a fake fossil industry. This places a question mark on all such finds. While some evolutionists believe that dinosaurs are ancestors to our modern day birds, there is no evidence to prove it, but all the evidence against it.(c&p)
Haha!
YEAH! What he/she said!
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#88031 Oct 5, 2012
always wrote:
When my labor here is over at last and I lay these burdens down
I'll sail away home to Heaven above for my Savior I have found
I'll lay these burdens down at His feet and exchange them for a crown
I'll leave this world of trouble and sorrow when the sun of my life goes down
Oh Lord I know I'm living on higher ground
I know because in my heart's true love I've found
And when I hear Gabriel's trumpet loudly sound
I'll leave this world of trouble and sorrow when the sun of my life goes
To this changing world I bid farewell when I hear that trumpet sound
I'll sail away to heaven above for my Savior I have found
I've made my plans I'm ready to go I'll wear a robe and crown
And I'll meet my friends and loved ones up yonder when the sun of my life goes down
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#88032 Oct 5, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres a good movie on the formation of the grand canyon
http://www.hulu.com/watch/382142
Really?
National Geographic?
You do know they were the ones that went ahead and published
Arceopuzzlepieces as fact... AFTER they were told it was Faked!
You'll have to do better than that!
I've seen the grand canyon in person, and lived in the area for many years!
Noah's flood is the only thing that makes sense!
Especially when layers 50' higher date the same as lower layers!
People think 'We' have our head in the sand... LOL
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#88033 Oct 5, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad too......
From Free Dictionary.Com :
scientist [&#712;sa&#618;&#6 01;nt&#618;st]
n
a person who studies or practises any of the sciences or who uses scientific methods.
From Webters:
SCIENTIST
n
: a person learned in science and especially natural science : a scientific investigator
From Your Dictionary.com :
scientist
(noun)
A scientist is a person who is an expert in one of the natural or physical sciences.
"a person who studies or practises any of the sciences or who uses scientific methods"
Darn!
I guess... I might just be a scientist too!
Oh well... there's room in the Kingdom for ALL kinds of people!
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
STARNES: Tennessee school's Nation of Islam han... 4 hr Prof 65
Intruder places pamphlets in lockers of Oakvill... 5 hr Ted 1
Panther Valley approves tax increases (Jun '08) Sat Pondish 64
ACLU lawsuit: Ferguson school board excludes bl... Sat Marcus Welby 6
Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Sat Hacker 618
Catholic board trustees want report on possible... Sat WiFi 1
Officials help break ground for new $51 million... Fri the taxpayers 2
More from around the web