Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156491 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Creation

Richmond, KY

#88035 Oct 5, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Cue rimshot.
Your sinuses are carried over from ancestor species that walked on all fours. That is why they don't drain properly.
If evolution is false, why are your sinuses arranged this way? What possible reason could a Designer have for making them APPEAR as if they are artifacts of older designs that have not been updated very much?
Creationists want to attack the theory of evolution. Ok. But what is your idea to put in its place? What scientific argument can you provide to offer the best explanation?
Obviously I believe the replacement for evolution is design. The sheer laws of probability support design over evolution time and time again. Evolution is not science. It is not based on scientific evidences which are measurable by the scientific method. I believe we can evolve to adapt to our environment, but complete mutation has been proven to lose genetic information. Here is an interesting quote from Charles Darwin.

“To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.”
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#88036 Oct 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure that I have read your bible more than you have, but an honest question; do you think that people who worship a god that demanded blood animal sacrifice and demanded that you sing and dance as you bash babies against rocks are evil? Note read YOUR bible include Psalms 137:9
Funny thing is... You who have read the Bible does NOT
understand WHY Blood sacrifice was needed!
Hahahaha!
Clueless!
I'll give you a clue... it was with Adam, and Eve!
Ok... since you've gotten everything wrong... I'll tell you!
God wanted to prove 'SIN' was bad to them...
He killed a helpless cute animal, and made coverings for them
out of the skin to remind them of their sin!
A picture of Christ!
Now... I know you will show your ignorance with another
foolish post... You cannot help it!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#88037 Oct 5, 2012
Cliff White wrote:
Great! Now all the youngsters will know which minorities they need to hate to get into heaven!
Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound?
Hahahaha!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#88038 Oct 5, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been done. Over and over. Go to talkorigins.com and read up.
Meanwhile, how about tackling my list of questions?
Or just one of them. Why is my sinus cavity designed exactly like I used to walk on all four legs?
"Why is my sinus cavity designed exactly like I used to walk on all four legs?"
It was not!
Where did you get that ignorant idea?
If you had walked on all fours... your spine would
have connected at a different angle leaving
your sinus in the SAME place as it is now!
Clueless!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#88039 Oct 5, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.. By Evolution over millions of years ...
So you say, but....
You know the rest!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#88041 Oct 5, 2012
You all have a Great day!
I've gotta watch some more Fox News!
Thanks again to the atheists... best
news channel out there!
Although NBC did a great post debate coverage!
I was surprised they didn't twist it like MSN!

Cool Hand Clem

“One day at a time”

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#88042 Oct 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
You all have a Great day!
I've gotta watch some more Fox News!
Thanks again to the atheists... best
news channel out there!
Although NBC did a great post debate coverage!
I was surprised they didn't twist it like MSN!
Give them time...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#88043 Oct 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
National Geographic?
You do know they were the ones that went ahead and published
Arceopuzzlepieces as fact... AFTER they were told it was Faked!
You'll have to do better than that!
I've seen the grand canyon in person, and lived in the area for many years!
Noah's flood is the only thing that makes sense!
Especially when layers 50' higher date the same as lower layers!
People think 'We' have our head in the sand... LOL
There a couple people Claim the first fossil was a hoax but they they were Wrong... How do I know they were wrong? Because since then there have been several more found.. All the Same body structure, all the same feather patterns, all the same teeth layout... Now that would mean one of two things... They are all fakes where the fakers from different sources all used the same, as you say, puzzle parts and put them together exactly the same way in every case, all good enough to pass testing by several resources and each good enough to pass peer review... Or they are all legit and show a dino like critter with feathers and wings... All passing assorted verification tests were even more critical due to the claims about the first one...

SATAN_64

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Since: Nov 11

Hell, Norway

#88044 Oct 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Who is this God, you so fervently push down others throats?"
* The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob...
* The One, and ONLY True God!
* This is a blog about the Bible... You have the freedom to NOT
* read anything on this site... But here you are!
"Do you even know the history of the Holy Book of Holes?"
* If you are talking of the Holy Bible... Yes I do!
"Do you realize that before the 1300`s it didn`t even exist?"
* Obviously you do not know anuthing about the Bible!
"Do you know WHY the very first compilation of stories were assimilated?"
* You do know this statement shows more about you than you might
* want anyone to know!
"Do you realize that the only reason the Book of Holes was formed, was to be able to control the weak of mind?"
* Hahahahahahaha!
* You mean the weak minded people that don't know that it's
* Wrong to sin, and kill the Babies that are created for convenience,
* along with those that don't know what a rectom is for...
You never have to be ashamed of making a "Right" decision!
Choose Rightly, or you will be ashamed!
Ok, you are showing your ignorance again.

Ask any theologist and they will tell you that the stories in the Book of Holes were COMPILED by the Roman Catholic. The Pope and Counsel of Cardinals are the ones to vote on which books(stories) that were to grace its pages. Each book that you quote from with undying faith, was scrutinized and voted on, and canonized by them.
Hundreds of other stories were denied, and you were stuck with something that allowed them to control the masses.

History is written by the winners of ALL conflicts. You DO realize that there were others that lived in the middle east that could write, before the Romans and Greeks made it there, right?

SATAN_64

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Since: Nov 11

Hell, Norway

#88045 Oct 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
Great debate Wednesday night...
Romney politely handed Obama's arse to him!
Strong, firm, and concise!
Obama playes his cards right...
he can golf the rest of his life!
I can't wait to see what Ryan does to Biden!
Hahahaha!
Well, at least we can agree on one thing.

“All in due Time”

Since: Jul 10

Hell, Norway

#88046 Oct 5, 2012
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, at least we can agree on one thing.
Hey big brother, did you see where Biden came out and thought the audience gave him a standing ovation and there were actually just no seats?...Lol

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#88047 Oct 5, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>Design dosen't equal blind chance. The two are contradictory.
This is where your arguement falls apart everytime. You tried to delete your statement to hide your failure.

Science isn't about a figure of speech. Blind chance did not create something that was so evidently designed. Come back and try again later. Your toast on this one.
Hang on a second. Are seriously trying to dodge the question because I used the word "design" with a small "d"?

Creationist tactic #1?
Creation

Richmond, KY

#88048 Oct 5, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
There a couple people Claim the first fossil was a hoax but they they were Wrong... How do I know they were wrong? Because since then there have been several more found.. All the Same body structure, all the same feather patterns, all the same teeth layout... Now that would mean one of two things... They are all fakes where the fakers from different sources all used the same, as you say, puzzle parts and put them together exactly the same way in every case, all good enough to pass testing by several resources and each good enough to pass peer review... Or they are all legit and show a dino like critter with feathers and wings... All passing assorted verification tests were even more critical due to the claims about the first one...
Thus saith the eloquent Topix Scientist. LOL
Creation

Richmond, KY

#88050 Oct 5, 2012
SATAN 78 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey big brother, did you see where Biden came out and thought the audience gave him a standing ovation and there were actually just no seats?...Lol
What difference does it make....aren't you guys from Norway? LOL

Location hidden

#88051 Oct 5, 2012
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Design is synonymous with create.
You used the word.
You're looking a little like Obama on stage the other night. I'd let this one die.
You lost this round and everybody on here saw it.
Yeah, you're seriously pulling that one. This is typical of Creationists. No good arguments, never answer questions. lol

Look, scientists CONSTANTLY use the word "design" in conversation and they DO NOT mean goddidit. Evolution "designs" things. Not by intelligence, not by a direction you or I would call intelligent, not by any kind of value judgement. It is a process of nature no different than the way a ball rolls downhill. It just happens.

So we can play silly games like this or you can address the question. Hell, I forgot which one it was. Any of them will do.

Why do humans and other primates share DNA coding errors in the exact same places? If that is not an example of evolution then what is going on with it? What does your Creationist ideas say about such things?
Creation

Richmond, KY

#88052 Oct 5, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're seriously pulling that one. This is typical of Creationists. No good arguments, never answer questions. lol
Look, scientists CONSTANTLY use the word "design" in conversation and they DO NOT mean goddidit. Evolution "designs" things. Not by intelligence, not by a direction you or I would call intelligent, not by any kind of value judgement. It is a process of nature no different than the way a ball rolls downhill. It just happens.
So we can play silly games like this or you can address the question. Hell, I forgot which one it was. Any of them will do.
Why do humans and other primates share DNA coding errors in the exact same places? If that is not an example of evolution then what is going on with it? What does your Creationist ideas say about such things?
What is your answer for this.

Evolutionist Harold Morowitz estimated the probability for chance formation of even the simplest form of living organism at 1/10340,000,000. By comparison only 1020 grains of sand could fit within a cubic mile and 10 billion times more (1030) would fit inside the entire earth. So, the probability of forming a simple cell by chance processes is infinitely less likely than having a blind person select one specifically marked grain of sand out of an entire earth filled with sand.

Agree or disagree with this statement and Why?
forever and ever

New Haven, KY

#88053 Oct 5, 2012
1Sam 16:7 (NIV)...The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Location hidden

#88055 Oct 5, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionist Harold Morowitz estimated the probability for chance formation of even the simplest form of living organism at 1/10340,000,000. By comparison only 1020 grains of sand could fit within a cubic mile and 10 billion times more (1030) would fit inside the entire earth. So, the probability of forming a simple cell by chance processes is infinitely less likely than having a blind person select one specifically marked grain of sand out of an entire earth filled with sand.
Yes I read this on the same thread here. It seems to be a Crestionist twisting of the facts.

Now what about the shared DNA errors? Or the sinus cavity? Any ideas from the Ken Ham school of thought?
Creation

Richmond, KY

#88056 Oct 5, 2012
What are the facts then? The sinus cavity is as God created it.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#88057 Oct 5, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>

Disagree because 1) there is no such thing as an Evolutionist in the fields of science... 2) He has no idea of all the perimeters of what constitutes life to statistically form a probability curve... and 3) so What.. The Probability that a omnipresent, omnipotent invisible being took a hand full of dirt and blew life into it is Zero because you have to have evidence to even start your Figurin ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parents want answers in alleged student paddling (Mar '08) 14 min Just Saying 18
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) 10 hr becky 687
News New Africentric campus impresses school's founder 17 hr 1 and 1 and 1 is 3 2
News Canada: A nation of bigots (Jul '09) 19 hr Early-Onset Conse... 163
Barefeet in Physical Education 23 hr Stewart 35
News New Clarksburg Welcomes Reserve Officers, Hears... 23 hr Cops are degenerates 1
Why there is a war on America's past regarding ... Dec 3 misbehaved 22
More from around the web