Attorney general says school district...

Attorney general says school districts can't arm teachers under private guard law

There are 61 comments on the Arkansas Times story from Aug 1, 2013, titled Attorney general says school districts can't arm teachers under private guard law. In it, Arkansas Times reports that:

ILLEGAL: Dustin McDaniel said a pistol like this, purchased for use in Clarksville schools, can't be carried by teachers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arkansas Times.

guest

Jonesboro, AR

#41 Aug 15, 2013
Well they are doing it anyway in a big f you to McDaniel.
guest

Paragould, AR

#42 Aug 15, 2013
I have a family member who was in the last school shooting. If she had had a gun she might have been able to save some lives. She is an excellent shot. What if it was your daughter sitting in a classroom full of children and hearing a gunman coming down the hall. Would you want her armed or a sitting duck? What if your child was in that classroom? Would you want the only adult there to at least have a fighting chance at saving their life?
Guest

Rogers, AR

#43 Aug 15, 2013
guest wrote:
Well they are doing it anyway in a big f you to McDaniel.
No they are not.Idiot get your fact straight.

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#44 Aug 15, 2013
The whole deal was a typical knee-jerk Republican response to a matter that wasnt theirs to solve. Those teachers wasted time, effort and money with nothing to show for it. Just like the Republican politicians in Washington D. C.

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#45 Aug 15, 2013
guest wrote:
I have a family member who was in the last school shooting. If she had had a gun she might have been able to save some lives. She is an excellent shot. What if it was your daughter sitting in a classroom full of children and hearing a gunman coming down the hall. Would you want her armed or a sitting duck? What if your child was in that classroom? Would you want the only adult there to at least have a fighting chance at saving their life?
I would rather take the guns out of the hands of those nuts so an armed wacko never makes it on campus to start with.
guest

Council Bluffs, IA

#46 Aug 15, 2013
Disclaimer wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather take the guns out of the hands of those nuts so an armed wacko never makes it on campus to start with.
Well guns aren't going anywhere, so you are going to have to live with the better solution.
guest

Council Bluffs, IA

#47 Aug 15, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>No they are not.Idiot get your fact straight.
. http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/07/arkansas-sc...

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#48 Aug 15, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well guns aren't going anywhere, so you are going to have to live with the better solution.
Guns wont go anywhere until the Democrats take full control of Congress in the midterm elections.
guest

Council Bluffs, IA

#49 Aug 15, 2013
Disclaimer wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns wont go anywhere until the Democrats take full control of Congress in the midterm elections.
That's not going to happen, and if it did given where tensions already are, messing with gun ownership would equal a lot of dead Democrats. Sounds like a great idea to me, but Democrats are cowards and know better.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#50 Aug 15, 2013
Disclaimer wrote:
<quoted text>Guns wont go anywhere until the Democrats take full control of Congress in the midterm elections.
Yeah right, you should be more worried about the GOP taking the majority in the senate, holding the house and the White House.
guest

Paragould, AR

#51 Aug 15, 2013
Disclaimer wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather take the guns out of the hands of those nuts so an armed wacko never makes it on campus to start with.
Well when you think of a plan to get guns away from criminals you let us know.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#52 Aug 15, 2013
All guns should be banned

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#53 Aug 15, 2013
guest wrote:
The link you referenced was a story 7 days before the security panel suspended the licenses. Now the Super of schools says they will stand down.

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#54 Aug 15, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text> Well when you think of a plan to get guns away from criminals you let us know.
Over 90% of the American voters were satisfied with Universal Background Checks for all gun purchases but the Republicans poo-poo'ed that idea. So that and the outlawing of assault rifles wont happen until after the midterm elections when sensible Democrats take full control of Congress.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#55 Aug 15, 2013
Can't wait for that! Plus eight years of Hillary should continue on all of what President Obama has begun. And more. Thank God.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#56 Aug 15, 2013
Perhaps the right wing wackos could build their beloved border wall. Except we will have the geezers build it all the way around Texas. Then we will send all the teabagger morons to Texas and designate that state for the deranged. Problem solved.
guest

Paragould, AR

#57 Aug 15, 2013
Guest wrote:
All guns should be banned
Let's think about that for a minute. "all guns should be banned". Criminals are gonna say "damn this gun has been banned, I better go turn it in". Thinking yet? A ban on guns deprives a law abiding citizen of a gun. Then the criminals have a free for all, because they know no one else can defend themselves. Moron.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#58 Aug 16, 2013
Wrong again awype
guest

Council Bluffs, IA

#59 Aug 16, 2013
Disclaimer wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 90% of the American voters were satisfied with Universal Background Checks for all gun purchases but the Republicans poo-poo'ed that idea. So that and the outlawing of assault rifles wont happen until after the midterm elections when sensible Democrats take full control of Congress.
Reporting of that poll was inaccurate. It was supposed to read 90 voters were satisfied with Universal Background checks. An inattentive typist erroneously added the %.
guest

Paragould, AR

#60 Aug 20, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Reporting of that poll was inaccurate. It was supposed to read 90 voters were satisfied with Universal Background checks. An inattentive typist erroneously added the %.
Yea that sounds better. 90% my ass, funny how nobody knows a single one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Seriously 170,624
News Charter schools among the most segregated in Ohio 7 hr Xposing U for U 36
News Indianapolis schools ask voters for $936M more ... 7 hr Adrien Perez 1
News County school board to review charter school pe... 9 hr sam 15
News Educators given more flexibility to teach English Thu Blue Light 2
News Judge bars ex-Speaker Dennis Hastert from being... Thu Abrahamanic Relig... 12
News Several Columbus educators apply for school sup... Dec 13 They cannot kill ... 1
More from around the web