Teacher charged with having improper ...

Teacher charged with having improper relationship with student

There are 94 comments on the Austin American Statesman story from Oct 15, 2009, titled Teacher charged with having improper relationship with student. In it, Austin American Statesman reports that:

A Fredericksburg High School coach was arrested today and is being held on $100,000 bond in the Gillespie County jail, accused of having sex with a 17-year-old student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Austin American Statesman.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Kaycee

Mercer Island, WA

#84 Sep 11, 2011
Chuck wrote:
vocct.blogspot.com.
This blog looks like it was written by a woman who was done wrong by a man---Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! get a life...or a man...or something else and ease up a bit!
Thats exactly what coach stevens needs to do...Man up. Now that he has been convicted and the school board allegedly had complaints from other girls too, he needs to man up!
Kaycee

Mercer Island, WA

#85 Sep 11, 2011
BeeBop wrote:
His poor wife must be completely mortified!! I feel bad for his family!!!
But if this student was SO WIDELY known as being promiscuous,“nasty”, flirty, & all around “bad news”, then WHY would he even pursue her? Of course, he shouldn’t PURSUE any student, but obviously she is known for being this way, you would think TWICE about it.
Does anyone know if he has been prosecuted for this or not? AND what other former student did he father a child with?? Is that true or just speculation / rumors?? I wonder if his wife ever left him.
Yes, Michael Stevens is now a registered sex offender.
U suck

El Monte, CA

#86 Sep 21, 2012
She loved any min. Of mrs. stevens broken heart and didnt even care about her fellings or her childrens....
Not from fb

Bellevue, WA

#87 Sep 25, 2012
The people that would stick up for the victim, that you all call names, are the at least two other victims. Suzanne, and another victim had a wrongful suit filed against her. Can we all say Sandusky? This guy was married and yet that appeared not to stop him. The victims father left town and Stevens allegedly started molesting her. Wait, what? A married man with three daughters at the time. One about the victims age, and he was CONVICTED in a court of law, and you people still defend him????
Novictim

United States

#88 Dec 1, 2012
Mike Stevens is in jail for having sex with a 16 year old girl. If you read the charge if was not with consent...and was for putting his sexual organ in a minors ( says she was 16)sexual organ or anus with out consent. I hope those of you who were quick to judge the girl now will place blame where it belongs
Billy buster

Ballwin, MO

#89 Dec 5, 2012
http://www.fredericksburgstandard.com/article...
Well finally some news in the local paper.Of course who thinks its a sexual relationship when a man is having sex with a girl his daughters age? It fails to mention the sexual assault and aggrevated sexual assault charges. We are finally getting the real story.
Justice for all

United States

#90 Dec 7, 2012
Well it's about time this man is in jail. He molests kids and some still think he is the victim,maybe eyes will be opened. Ask yourself why would he plead guilty to the charges if he were the great guy you thought he was. He was given a sweet deal and now he violates again. And what about the other girls? How many do you know about?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#91 Feb 23, 2013
KLR wrote:
FISD is a joke and so is Marc Williamson. As for his newest job , he deserves the company he will be in . A bunch of self righteous hicks . Who could care less about the poor or those less fortunate. I am surprised he does not run for our city council.
Williamson is allegedly "retiring" from his position as the FISD superintendent. Blackwell will also allegedly be gone at the end of the school year. This was after a civil suit was brought against FISD, Williamson, Blackwell and others.
fed up

Fredericksburg, TX

#92 Feb 23, 2013
Williamson earns $140,000 a year doing little or nothing. Do you honestly think he will give that up?
facts

United States

#93 Feb 23, 2013
not in small town wrote:
<quoted text>Williamson is allegedly "retiring" from his position as the FISD superintendent. Blackwell will also allegedly be gone at the end of the school year. This was after a civil suit was brought against FISD, Williamson, Blackwell and others.
Williamson isn't going anywhere. Blackwell already submitted his retirement papers. Get your facts straight.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#94 Feb 24, 2013
facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Williamson isn't going anywhere. Blackwell already submitted his retirement papers. Get your facts straight.
We shall just wait and see.
Le Anne

United States

#95 Feb 26, 2013
Old Time Res:
I am told that none of this was reported to the ISD. If you have the courage to put an end to the attempted sweeping under the carpet, now would be a good time to notify Craig Deats, the attorney trying to end the sweeping. He is in Austin and you can google him. I believe there were good people out there who wanted this stopped, who reported things and were ignored. Now would be a great time to stop it from continuing. I just want parents not to have to worry that when they send their girls to school that a teacher is going to think it is ok to have sex with them. Who wants this to be the FHS legacy? As parents we should be able to trust that no matter who the girl is she will be safe from molestation at school.
old time res wrote:
<quoted text> If you had pulled your head out of your ass you would know he fathered a child with the Arizola girl. Yah there is her name. Some say she was of age so there is nothing wrong with her name being printed hear too. So are you saying she is a scuzzy slut also. This affair was several years ago , maybe not ten but he has done this for more than 5 years. You are obviously a friend of his. It is sad because his family has suffered so much and now one is gone. But it does not excuse him for bad behavior or pardon his wife for being so willing to ignore all the stories that floated around before he was arrested.We heard the stories years ago and reported them to the ISD. Mrs. Stevens should have resigned as principal at the middle school for the sake of the children or moved to a lower position. She might be a nice woman but she had to have some knowledge of this , hell she worked with him at high school. The family needs to move on. What kind of mom would keep her children at a school where children made fun of them for what the dad did. And there was a lot of teasing. One poor child spent the last few months of her life being sneered at by the coaches lover. Yes it is good to hold your head high but not at the expense of your children. Both the Stevens parents need to leave the district. If this happened to me I would remove my children from prying eyes and children who will continue to taunt .
Anonymous

Bellevue, WA

#97 Mar 21, 2013
jim1049 wrote:
Leave the Coaches family alone.
So the coach can molest underage girls, but we are supposed to leave his wife alone? are you kidding me???? She knew what he was doing and continues to this day to support him. If your husband or wife was molesting underage children, would you support them?
Le Anne

San Francisco, CA

#98 Jul 15, 2013
Dear J: What info do you have that people knew about Stevens relationships. I would welcome your info and you can either contact me direct or Craig Deats who is my daughters attorney.
J Hoover wrote:
Stevens has had relationships going back ten years. The ISD has done nothing. Time now to clean house starting with Mark Willaimson on down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 39 min Athenesword 142,334
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 1 hr Poverty Sucks 150
News First Grade's Five Secrets To Success In Taiwan 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 2
News Depression still a top problem in high schools 3 hr johnjones125 3
News City schools ready for fall; trustees beginning... 4 hr Poor Plans 1
Bayaro Uni 2015/16 Diploma/Direct Entry Admin l... 17 hr Mr_Jacob 1
UNIABUJA 2015/16 Diploma/Direct Entry Admin lis... 17 hr Mr_Jacob 1
More from around the web