Walnut Valley Unified School District to begin accepting transfer applications

There are 9 comments on the Oct 11, 2010, San Gabriel Valley Tribune story titled Walnut Valley Unified School District to begin accepting transfer applications. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Get the scoop on schools, teachers and students. Visit our Education page for more articles and photos.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

WVUSD Angry Parent

Walnut, CA

#1 Oct 11, 2010
Yes, please bring in unsafe traffic and poor kids from Rowland Heights and Pomona so we can subsidize their education. And please make sure the district goes broke doing this since DOC is a money loser. Wait, the district is $3,000,000 in the red- my wish was granted!
I can't wait to re-elect Carolyn Elefelt and Larry Redinger! Can I get one of those $300,000 golden parachutes like you gave to Cyndy Simms?
javier

AOL

#2 Oct 12, 2010
sure bring in only spoiled snotty asian brats right??
Grid Lock in Walnut

La Crescenta, CA

#3 Oct 12, 2010
I live in the same neighborhood as Walnut High School and seriously, There is enough students attending based on the traffic alone. Some mornings I can't get out of the driveway and then when I do, I can't get off of my street. As it is now, after school there is high foot traffic from the students in the area leaving trash, smoking, and breaking sprinkler heads up and down the streets. My son attends the school and says that lunch time is a joke because there is so many students. The lines are too long and they run out of food often. The classrooms are full. Now they are going to allow students from surrounding areas (Pomona, Rowland Heights, Valinda) to attend. Enough is enough. This means more traffic, SOME questionable juvenilles wandering the neighborhood, not to mention the impact on the classrooms and the quality of life on campus. Yes the ethnic variation is diverse but that represents the surrounding community within the school district. If people want their child to go to school in Walnut then move to Walnut. We Did.
Just a Parent

Walnut, CA

#4 Oct 12, 2010
WVUSD Angry Parent wrote:
Yes, please bring in unsafe traffic and poor kids from Rowland Heights and Pomona so we can subsidize their education. And please make sure the district goes broke doing this since DOC is a money loser. Wait, the district is $3,000,000 in the red- my wish was granted!
I can't wait to re-elect Carolyn Elefelt and Larry Redinger! Can I get one of those $300,000 golden parachutes like you gave to Cyndy Simms?
It's half true, the school district map system is BS, how about Walnut residents who live in Walnut & pay city taxes but have to go to neighboring SD because of the system. At least, make law that residents who live in the border between cities have an option for SD. Anyway, since RUSD lawsuit, Walnut residents are no longer able to attend Walnut schools through DOC.
"DOC is a money loser", it's not true. The more students, the more money given by the state. That's how the budget system works, local, state,or federal.
The negative effect of DOC is possibility of bringing in "unwanted" type of kids from certain parts of neighboring towns.
Just a Parent

Walnut, CA

#5 Oct 12, 2010
javier wrote:
sure bring in only spoiled snotty asian brats right??
I half agree/ disagree with you. While I hate to see those type of kids because mostly the parents are well-to-do if not rich but are wierdo enough in how they raise their kids.
DOC may also bringing in "unwanted" type of kids like wannabe cholos and gangbangers.
WVUSD Angry Parent

Walnut, CA

#6 Oct 13, 2010
Just a Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
It's half true, the school district map system is BS, how about Walnut residents who live in Walnut & pay city taxes but have to go to neighboring SD because of the system. At least, make law that residents who live in the border between cities have an option for SD. Anyway, since RUSD lawsuit, Walnut residents are no longer able to attend Walnut schools through DOC.
"DOC is a money loser", it's not true. The more students, the more money given by the state. That's how the budget system works, local, state,or federal.
The negative effect of DOC is possibility of bringing in "unwanted" type of kids from certain parts of neighboring towns.
Well at least an Id10t like you is happy. You obviously didn't vote for WEST on the school board last NOV- his one-community plan was supposed to help parents like you. You need to stay happy about the money they blow and keep sending your kid to Pomona while you pay Walnut taxes. You are quite the smart one.
Brandi

West Covina, CA

#7 Mar 22, 2011
Grid Lock in Walnut wrote:
I live in the same neighborhood as Walnut High School and seriously, There is enough students attending based on the traffic alone. Some mornings I can't get out of the driveway and then when I do, I can't get off of my street. As it is now, after school there is high foot traffic from the students in the area leaving trash, smoking, and breaking sprinkler heads up and down the streets. My son attends the school and says that lunch time is a joke because there is so many students. The lines are too long and they run out of food often. The classrooms are full. Now they are going to allow students from surrounding areas (Pomona, Rowland Heights, Valinda) to attend. Enough is enough. This means more traffic, SOME questionable juvenilles wandering the neighborhood, not to mention the impact on the classrooms and the quality of life on campus. Yes the ethnic variation is diverse but that represents the surrounding community within the school district. If people want their child to go to school in Walnut then move to Walnut. We Did.
Excuse me but if I want my child to go to a Walnut school and we are listed to Rowland Unified I have the right to apply my child to go to Walnut if it is allowed without moving! It doesn't mean we ar poorer need to move, we are paying private school right now and can't help to like the house we live in just not the district, If you don't like the crowds or other students from other districts wanting to go to Walnut then YOU Move where you think you belong. I am applying to Walnut District, thank you.
alexi21

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jan 27, 2013
Brandi wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but if I want my child to go to a Walnut school and we are listed to Rowland Unified I have the right to apply my child to go to Walnut if it is allowed without moving! It doesn't mean we ar poorer need to move, we are paying private school right now and can't help to like the house we live in just not the district, If you don't like the crowds or other students from other districts wanting to go to Walnut then YOU Move where you think you belong. I am applying to Walnut District, thank you.
I agree.
Neutral

Alhambra, CA

#9 Jun 2, 2013
Brandi wrote:
<quoted text>
You SHOULDN'T have a right to apply for a school you do not financially support ....(i.e. paying local taxes!)
It's just that plain and simple....
Nevermind the facts ..... U r poor or where u reside....
If u do not pay for it u shouldn't enjoy it! Period! Case closed!
Never mind the race, never mind the money.... Exclude everything else from the equation!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min spaceship 136,270
News Vacaville schools official: Measure A projects ... 41 min Birds Landing Bob 19
News ACLU calls for retraction of statements made by... 4 hr PlumBum 1
News Pa. high school students throw 'Anti-Gay Day' 5 hr fedupwiththemess 135
News Ontario elementary teachers' union warns of job... 5 hr careful out there 1
News Possible strike would affect 817,000 elementary... 6 hr what would Edsel do 1
News Suffolk considers bus cams for illegal passing 9 hr The Ace of Spades 2
More from around the web