Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 Full story: Whittier Daily News 817

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Full Story
Agree

Modesto, CA

#716 Feb 27, 2013
Parent Who Gets It wrote:
<quoted text>
The parents have been at the school longer than Cat. Since she has made a huge mess of everything related to the kids, parents and staff, she should be the one who leaves. Her actions show that she is absolutely and completely out of touch with reality.

Thank you!!! I agree totally.
Parent

Chatsworth, CA

#717 Feb 27, 2013
Her actions show that she has the courage to stand up to a handful of disrespectful and obnoxious parents and staff. This school was a mess long before she came. Change is necessary and welcomed by most of the community
D Trump

La Habra, CA

#718 Feb 27, 2013
Her actions shows she is ignorant. If she was in corporate America she would be FIRED
Parent

Chatsworth, CA

#719 Feb 27, 2013
D Trump wrote:
Her actions shows she is ignorant. If she was in corporate America she would be FIRED
You have obviously never worked for a Fortune 500 company. "Corporate America" loves people like her....people who have vision,courage and initiative

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Parent Who Gets It

United States

#720 Feb 27, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
You have obviously never worked for a Fortune 500 company. "Corporate America" loves people like her....people who have vision,courage and initiative
I work for a Fortune 500 company. Retaliation, creating a hostile work environment, and assault would NEVER be tolerated and IS grounds for termination. She has commited all three acts. I'm so glad you brought this subject up. Thanks.:)
All Lies

La Habra, CA

#721 Feb 27, 2013
You are In a hole, and the one thing you do when you are in a hole, is stop digging.
Leave and admit to the parents that have made a decision to stay, that you are sorry and allow them to start to heal. I believe there is still enough time to save the school before the end of the year.
As long as this administration sticks around, consider what you have done detrimental to the school. So sad what has gone on!!!
Your name will continue to be dragged thru the mud because of your decision to protect just yourself. All for what?
May God help you and protect the bad decisions you have made. Maybe one day the parents will find it in their hearts to forgive you for what you have done, "NOT"
Yes, I understand Ms. C was a victim but she has done the same to the families that attend and have attended the school.
D Trump

La Habra, CA

#722 Feb 27, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
When you punch your time clock in the warehouse for your corp company doesn't allow you to consider yourself a white collar. Go move your folk lift
Catholic Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#723 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
The parents have been at the school longer than Cat. Since she has made a huge mess of everything related to the kids, parents and staff, she should be the one who leaves. Her actions show that she is absolutely and completely out of touch with reality.
So that's why the school is in the current situation?!! Parents, who have no clue, think they can run a school or....is it the long time faculty and staff. Education is constantly changing. If you're not going to change, then you are completely "out-of-touch" with the current reality.
I know dear, it is hard to accept, but you can do it!
Catholic Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#724 Feb 27, 2013
All Lies wrote:
You are In a hole, and the one thing you do when you are in a hole, is stop digging.
Leave and admit to the parents that have made a decision to stay, that you are sorry and allow them to start to heal. I believe there is still enough time to save the school before the end of the year.
As long as this administration sticks around, consider what you have done detrimental to the school. So sad what has gone on!!!
Your name will continue to be dragged thru the mud because of your decision to protect just yourself. All for what?
May God help you and protect the bad decisions you have made. Maybe one day the parents will find it in their hearts to forgive you for what you have done, "NOT"
Yes, I understand Ms. C was a victim but she has done the same to the families that attend and have attended the school.
Contrary to you what is said here, the parents were asked to leave because of their own disrespectful behavior. They all know the details but it's hard to take responsibility you can blame someone else. Those families all made a choice to support or move on. They decided to move on. Stop beating a dead horse.
Catholic Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#725 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I work for a Fortune 500 company. Retaliation, creating a hostile work environment, and assault would NEVER be tolerated and IS grounds for termination. She has commited all three acts. I'm so glad you brought this subject up. Thanks.:)
Don't believe false tales from questionable sources. Even a Fortune 500 company would gather facts before an "alleged" complaint is used as a reason for termination. So, don't jump off the cliff and break your back bone..."Parent Who Gets it"
Catholic Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#726 Feb 27, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely! And just what the school needs to move forward.
What

Long Beach, CA

#727 Feb 27, 2013
D Trump wrote:
Obviously you have never worked in corporate America. And ignorant implies uneducated or unsophisticated or not having knowledge about what is going on. I think that is everyone's problem here - she knows exactly what is going on and has the courage to stand up to parents who have had the run of the school for far too long. I venture to say she is more educated and sophisticated than most of the parents. Just a fact. She should have informed the parents, but she didn't so it's time to deal with it. If you don't like what is going on you have the right to leave the school. This is a private school and therefore has all the rights of a private institution. This is a great school and all of the bickering is an embarrasment. You gambled and lost. Move on to a new school that wants you.
Agree

Modesto, CA

#728 Feb 27, 2013
Catholic Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's why the school is in the current situation?!! Parents, who have no clue, think they can run a school or....is it the long time faculty and staff. Education is constantly changing. If you're not going to change, then you are completely "out-of-touch" with the current reality.
I know dear, it is hard to accept, but you can do it!

No you're outta touch. Stop spreading your propaganda.
D Trump

Los Angeles, CA

#729 Feb 27, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text> Obviously you have never worked in corporate America. And ignorant implies uneducated or unsophisticated or not having knowledge about what is going on. I think that is everyone's problem here - she knows exactly what is going on and has the courage to stand up to parents who have had the run of the school for far too long. I venture to say she is more educated and sophisticated than most of the parents. Just a fact. She should have informed the parents, but she didn't so it's time to deal with it. If you don't like what is going on you have the right to leave the school. This is a private school and therefore has all the rights of a private institution. This is a great school and all of the bickering is an embarrasment. You gambled and lost. Move on to a new school that wants you.
What are you talking about. She would be fired in corporate America. You can't argue that pal. The fact that she has a higher education than you and most of the parents is factual. The less educated are following her while the ones withies intellectual have challenged her. You are slowly catching on. Hang in there
Parent

Chatsworth, CA

#730 Feb 27, 2013
All Lies wrote:
Who are you talking to here?
Parent

Chatsworth, CA

#731 Feb 27, 2013
D Trump wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about. She would be fired in corporate America. You can't argue that pal. The fact that she has a higher education than you and most of the parents is factual. The less educated are following her while the ones withies intellectual have challenged her. You are slowly catching on. Hang in there
You have no idea who you are taking to.. He has more education and experience in corporate America than you can even dream of
All Lies

La Habra, CA

#732 Feb 27, 2013
Catholic Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to you what is said here, the parents were asked to leave because of their own disrespectful behavior. They all know the details but it's hard to take responsibility you can blame someone else. Those families all made a choice to support or move on. They decided to move on. Stop beating a dead horse.
Their children were removed from the school. You continue to be clueless and ignorant to the facts.
You seem to know so much on the dismissal of the children. This is interesting.
Please, educate me on your facts.
ForumPolice

Anaheim, CA

#733 Feb 27, 2013
Parent wrote:
You have no idea who you are taking to.. He has more education and experience in corporate America than you can even dream of
BORING and IRRELEVANT!

Move along folks, nothing to see here...
All Lies

La Habra, CA

#735 Feb 27, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you talking to here?
Read into it however you please, "PARENT"
This is not rocket science
Get it right

Downey, CA

#737 Feb 27, 2013
Delivery us from evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting... When anyone makes a good point, you demand to know the facts. How many times have a we heard "educate me on your facts". Liz?
Silly, whenever someone makes a point, it's usually backed up by facts; hence, no facts, no point! Just bunch of malarkey. You calling out people? Who are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taco Bell fight club: High school brawls force ... 3 hr guest 3
Changwon City Offers Student Exchange Program 6 hr Switches 64
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 hr Juliet 131,076
High School Students Prohibited From Selling Ch... 13 hr noobama13 1
No boys on Quakertown's varsity girls' field ho... 15 hr chittlins 50
Carlsbad teacher charged with touching female s... 16 hr Baja sucks in Car... 72
Sickout To Close Garfield Schools Thursday (Feb '08) 16 hr Polly G Tester 60
•••

Education Etc. People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••