Two Poconos school boards to tackle d...

Two Poconos school boards to tackle dress codes

There are 4 comments on the Pocono Record story from Dec 17, 2008, titled Two Poconos school boards to tackle dress codes. In it, Pocono Record reports that:

Students and parents in Pleasant Valley have their last chance on Thursday to sound off on a dress code that may take effect next year, while those in East Stroudsburg will get their first shot at theirs the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pocono Record.

StreetKingofDing mans

Milford, PA

#1 Feb 10, 2009
Since when was it America's goal to become fascist?
tank

Emmaus, PA

#2 Feb 10, 2009
StreetKingofDingmans wrote:
Since when was it America's goal to become fascist?
So fa you know 2 words ,fascist and uneducated. Wow streetqueen. Im impressed.Did you learn them from the other little boys on the street?Ill bet your favorite street is ball park in birchwood.
StreetKingofDing mans

Milford, PA

#3 Feb 13, 2009
So how educated are you, tank? Did you manage to even get through highschool yet?
stroudsburg high school

Glen Lyon, PA

#4 Nov 30, 2012
I'm sure there are many parents that are feeling the same way and so I am looking to make a public complaint so that the issues at hand can and will be dealt with.
First let me start by saying that my child, Sara Kreitlow, age 15 and a student at Stroudsburg Highschool is an honor roll student with a compliant attitude
and deserves to be treated as such. The problem that we are having is the enforcement of the dress code, it is being handle inappropriately and with a lack of discernment.
Kids are being called out randomly for I believe for all the wrong reasons. I personally support a dress code 100% and believe it should be enforced with proper judgement and not because the faculty has nothing better to do with their time. My daughter got called out because her pants were too tight... mind you, my daughter dresses conservatively and I would not allow her to leave the house with pants too tight. all of her clothes are brand new, which we purchased to fit the dress code at Stroudsburg High. I have pictures of the way she looked that day as well as pictures of the way the other students pants looked that day. I have a problem with my kid not being allowed to wear a coat when it is cold and a hood when it is raining or snowing. I believe they are nit picking and are looking for anything wrong. Also while I am pitching a complaint on this high school, namely, Mr. Sotel. Why are our tax dollars going for 4 big screen televisions in the cafeteria, yet we are lacking in other important areas?
I have 2 more students that I have to worry about placing in a good high school in a number of years and I can tell you this, we will unfortunately have to move out of Stroudsburg school district for its pettiness. I highly believe in a good uniform policy, however it is not being addressed in a healthy manner. They have adults behaving childishly in our high school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 35 min ChromiuMan 149,009
News District $2-Million Short In Budget (May '10) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 41
News Teen boy alleges school district concealed sexu... 15 hr actionvideo 1
News Suspect in rape was Garden City teacher - (Oct '07) Wed watching livonia 15
News Cupertino School District to Build Affordable T... Wed Geez 3
News Black students disproportionately suspended in ... (Sep '15) Tue Serial Abandonment 79
News Chino Valley board eliminates high school bound... (Aug '09) Jun 27 CVUSD Watch 71
More from around the web