Fluvanna County Job Openings

Fluvanna County Job Openings

There are 5 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 8, 2013, titled Fluvanna County Job Openings. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Fluvanna County's school district needs to fill a handful of job openings. Positions range from teachers, to school psychologist and administrative positions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Deborah Garey

Johnson City, TN

#1 Feb 10, 2013
I am looking for a part-time or full-time clerical position. I was a secretary for Purdue University, Department of Pharmacy Practice for 20 years, retiring in 2006.
My husband and I had a retail store in MI for a few years.
For the last 3.5 years I have worked for Manpower, employed at State Farm.
I can send my resume' and references upon request.
Thank you
Avoid Fluvanna

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 10, 2013
The job openngs are there because teachers are fleeing the school system. The openly anti-education Board of Supervisors has cut the school system budget to the bone Layoffs and furloughs have made it worse. Many teachers and staff take home less than they did ten years ago, and the BOS has promised to chop another 2-3 million next year. The school board has threatened to sue teachers that leave for breach of contract just to try and make it through intolerable teaching conditions this year.

Fluvanna is the last place a sane person would want to work!
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#3 Feb 10, 2013
Avoid Fluvanna wrote:
The job openngs are there because teachers are fleeing the school system. The openly anti-education Board of Supervisors has cut the school system budget to the bone Layoffs and furloughs have made it worse. Many teachers and staff take home less than they did ten years ago, and the BOS has promised to chop another 2-3 million next year. The school board has threatened to sue teachers that leave for breach of contract just to try and make it through intolerable teaching conditions this year.
Fluvanna is the last place a sane person would want to work!
Education is the last place a sane person would want to work... It's not just happening in Fluvanna:

http://careertechtesting.blogspot.com/2012/04...

50% by year 5 leave the profession, and that's ones that are smart enough to flee by year 5.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Deborah Garey wrote:
I am looking for a part-time or full-time clerical position. I was a secretary for Purdue University, Department of Pharmacy Practice for 20 years, retiring in 2006.
My husband and I had a retail store in MI for a few years.
For the last 3.5 years I have worked for Manpower, employed at State Farm.
I can send my resume' and references upon request.
Thank you
Your hired, you can start work tomorrow.
Whats tha story

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 17, 2013
They just told the county staff that 16-20 teachers were going to be laid off, but they are hiring?

Sounds like they are trying to dump the experienced teachers and hire new grads that do not know what they are doing, but will work cheap!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Higher millage OK'd in Blytheville district 2 min BB Board 38
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Blacklagoon 164,662
News South El Monte teacher arrested on suspicion of... 3 hr Ana14 2
News Atheist group, angry mom go ballistic over pray... (Jun '13) 9 hr Geezer 7
News South Plains College prepares for August openin... 15 hr nancy p 1
News Teachers express their dismay over summer 'vaca... 16 hr Guest 31
News A Florida higher-ed official said womena s gene... 20 hr Cuban Coffee 1
More from around the web