Expulsions possible in playground beating

Full story: GoErie.com

Rikki Lynn Triana, 10, was beaten on an eastside playground by two other young girls, suffering a broken hip in the attack.
Comments
41 - 60 of 61 Comments Last updated Apr 16, 2008
TUTO088

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

K Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
If it didn't happen during school hours and under school supervision, how can the school administer the punishment? Hopefully they will be sent to ELT and that would take them out of their school, but it's not up to the school to mete out the punishment.
BECAUSE ERIE RESIDENTS PAY TAXES.SO WE CAN DECIDE. THEIR PARENTS ARE MOST LIKLY ON WELFARE OR SOCIAL SECURITY ANYWAYS. SO THEY DON'T PAY TAXES, I WOULD PUT MONEY ON IT.I SAY IF WE PAY THE SCHOOL WE DECIDE. SO KICK THEM TO HELL LITTLE DEVILS.
TUTO088

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

Reverend Al Sharpton wrote:
dont none of you evil whities tell us silverbacks how to raise our little chmpanzees. We is just gettin back at yous for all de times de massa beat de slaves.When a black child axe your white child for der lunch money - dey had best give it to dem.When de black child say- let me have dat watch you wearin white bread-your white child has best give dem dat watch- OR DER BE LOTS MSTOMPIN GONNA BE HAPPANIN-SHO NUFF.
WHAT? ARE YOU FOR REAL? GO TO AFRICA WHERE THEY LIKE THAT KINDA SHIT. KILLING AND STOMPING. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE. THOSE LITTLE GIRLS BELONG IN A JUNGLE.
TUTO088

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

socrates wrote:
These girls need punished, expelled. They apparently have no good parental guidance in their lives. I am certain the girls would end up in the system, be it now or later in life. They need intervention now, I am not talking about locking them up and throwing away the key but they need some kind of help. It all stems from broken homes and no faith based love in our homes. I grew up on the lower East Side of town and have seen this time and time again. People need a license to drive, fish or hunt but by all means have as many children as you like and don't worry if you can not afford them or care for them properly, us tax paying citizens will do it for you. Our society has turned into a bunch of "softies". Get back to the basics, being resonible for you OWN actions and having discipline along with love and guidance for our children. Teaching them wrong from right, not JUST WITH WORDS but by your OWN ACTIONS. Get a job, pay your bills, care for your kids and stop finger pointing at who did you wrong.
Rikki and family, my thoughts and prayers are with you, get well soon.
For the girls and their family, I hope you get punished fully with little mercy. I hope that you do learn from your punishment and come out better ladies and not point the finger at society or the law for your punishment. Take it and learn from it. Accept reposiblity for your actions of violence.
I DON'T FEEL AS IF MY TAX MONEY SHOULD GO TO HELP BAD PARENTING. I FEEL AS IS THESE LITTLE GIRLS PARENTS SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR EVERY AMOUNT OF COUNCILING AND LOCK UP WHAT EVER ELSE THEY DECIDE TO DO WITH THESE LITTLE MONSTERS. MAKE MOM AND DAD GET A JOB AND PAY.KICK THEM OF WELFARE AND MAKE THEM PAY.
former Erie resident

Oldsmar, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

Can you imagine the sickening horror I felt when I read about this in a Florida newspaper! And then I read about 8 Florida teenagers who beat a girl and put the vidio on the web and didn't think they would get caught. They intimidated her and told her they would do worse next time, according to the article. Now they are being tried as adults and are facing kidnapping charges. My own children went to this school when it first opened. They are now, successfull business people residing there still. Are my grandchildren safe? Who's minding the kids? What examples are being taught? Did they laugh when she cried? Do something now.
Concerned Catholic Parent

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

I think the Erie Catholic Diocese should step up and offer all of the children in the family of the little girl that was attacked scholarships to attend one of Erie's excellent Catholic elementary schools. This family deserves a break and their children should be educated in a safe environment.
socrates

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

TUTO088 wrote:
<quoted text> I DON'T FEEL AS IF MY TAX MONEY SHOULD GO TO HELP BAD PARENTING. I FEEL AS IS THESE LITTLE GIRLS PARENTS SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR EVERY AMOUNT OF COUNCILING AND LOCK UP WHAT EVER ELSE THEY DECIDE TO DO WITH THESE LITTLE MONSTERS. MAKE MOM AND DAD GET A JOB AND PAY.KICK THEM OF WELFARE AND MAKE THEM PAY.
I was being sarcastic about us tax payers taking on the burden, as opposed to the actual parents. My fault, sarcasim doesn't come thru very well in text.

I was trying to say that people (parents) need to be more responsible and get jobs / stop depending on someone else to raise their children and for people to take resposiblity for their and their childrens actions. Especially when the kids are 10.
sunjes

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

the girls that did this, acted like animals and need to be punished to the fullest.
TUTO088

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

wow

Since: Mar 08

Traverse City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Concerned Catholic Parent wrote:
I think the Erie Catholic Diocese should step up and offer all of the children in the family of the little girl that was attacked scholarships to attend one of Erie's excellent Catholic elementary schools. This family deserves a break and their children should be educated in a safe environment.
I think that church should stay out of this if they want a church rthat promotes hurting children then that should be their choice
Chris Jones

North Ridgeville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

I think the girls should face expulsion. There is no reason that poor child should go to school in fear after her attack. Not to mention that her only memories of Pfeiffer Burleigh will be of her attack and the injury that she received. These girls that beat her like that injured her severly and this poor girl will have to suffer the rest of her life both physically and mentally. This is very serious and if these girls get away with this and have no consequences like expulsion, then they school district is jeopardizing the safety of the other students. Apparently these girls arent' getting the discipline and guidance from home, therefore they're going to continue in their ways.
MrsF

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

K Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
If it didn't happen during school hours and under school supervision, how can the school administer the punishment? Hopefully they will be sent to ELT and that would take them out of their school, but it's not up to the school to mete out the punishment.
Kmac my dear.....the district has a policy that says if anything happens in school, on school property, or at a school related event, such as a dance or field trip, they children will be punished just like they were actually in school!
MrsF

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

former Erie resident wrote:
Can you imagine the sickening horror I felt when I read about this in a Florida newspaper! And then I read about 8 Florida teenagers who beat a girl and put the vidio on the web and didn't think they would get caught. They intimidated her and told her they would do worse next time, according to the article. Now they are being tried as adults and are facing kidnapping charges. My own children went to this school when it first opened. They are now, successfull business people residing there still. Are my grandchildren safe? Who's minding the kids? What examples are being taught? Did they laugh when she cried? Do something now.
I was watching Nancy Grace last night and she said that the parents of the teens can not be held accountable for their actions and that all of them even at 14 were being tried as adults. I wonder what the determining factor is to hold the parent liable and if they can be held accountable in thsi situation or not.
Jeremy

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Both girls should be expelled from the Erie School District....Period. By allowing them to attend altenative ed, or a charter school, we are telling them "it's okay to stop the life out of somebody, we'll just lower the statndard and make an exception for you". The parents of these girls shold be responsible for educating them, privately, and if they do not want to, or cannot afford to, then I guess they will just have to move to another district. I DO NOT want the schhol taxes I pay to be used to educate these girls in any way, shape or form, because I feel it would be a waste of time and money.

I also need to understand why the families of these two girls are saying that they are such angels, and they couldn't have done this. When your kid is troublesome there are steps to take to correct the problem. Maybe they think if you just lie to yourself and everybody else, eventually it will become true, or at the very least people will believe you? BS, you know your kids are terrible, and so does everybody else, so just suck it up and admit that you are a bad parent, you didn't do your job, and just like the staggering number of other dropouts around the US, they will grow up to be nothing more than a drain on the economy, and just pray that they do not pro-create
Noneemuss

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Concerned Catholic Parent wrote:
Maybe they should offer to school the kids that did this -- they can give them the discipline they need, right?
Hitman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

There is no doubt that they should be expelled. If Barker and the school board had half a brain amongst them all, they would expell them.

As for the families calling those 2 brats "angels", they failed to mention they were angels of Satan. But then again, maybe the 2 "angels" simply got hold of their momma's crack and then went to the playground in drug crazed fog.
veryupset08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

CES wrote:
<quoted text>You know what? BrandyR--first of all, you should have your HONOR student MENTOR you on how to spell and probably a thing or two more, like how not to prejudge people on their race, second of all, what does social security and welfare have to do with anything? I do have to agree with you on one thing, though,"no manners, no hope" when it comes to people like you putting their 2 cents in, having no concept of what the real issue here is. Why talk about hispanics if your daughter is hispanic? I hope no one you know or knows your daughter recognizes your name.
So what? What is your point? Are you offended? The world knows how I feel. Do you want to know too? Let me know!
BrandyR

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

I am sorry your on welfare. And social security. Get a real fucking job. CES. I bet you live in the projects. and smoke crack all day. Oh and you want My name bitch BRANDY M RAMIREZ you want to look me up. Make it happen. Tu madre se lo metio a un caballo y te estuvo a ti.
not racist

Willoughby, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

BrandyR wrote:
<quoted text> WHAT? YOU'RE NOT A RACIST YOU STUPID BITCH.OH AND YOU SPELLED THAT WRONG YOU STUPID SHIT. GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO MAKES TYPING ERRORS. I WOULD WATCH THE SILVERBACKS STOMP YOU.
Sorry BrandyR I was busy visiting Rikki yesterday. She sends her love. What does black or white have to do with this again I ask? How about I meet you at the school tonight and the white lady will be waiting. Since I am not black. Back to your "honer" student I really think you're lieing about that too. Maybe it is you who does not no your daughters daddy. I sympathize for you. I really think you should be studing with the "honer" student instead of wasting your UNWANTED and UNWARRENTED comments on this page. I will be ready for all the silverbacks . By the way fo you no what that term means. I anxciously await your "honer" response.
CES

Willoughby, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

BrandyR wrote:
I am sorry your on welfare. And social security. Get a real fucking job. CES. I bet you live in the projects. and smoke crack all day. Oh and you want My name bitch BRANDY M RAMIREZ you want to look me up. Make it happen. Tu madre se lo metio a un caballo y te estuvo a ti.
Sorry, I didn't reply to your immature remarks sooner, I was working, and if you don't like the way people react to your comments, then don't post them.Everyone has their own opinion.Actually,Brandy Ramirez,I am not on welfare, I am a notary public, and I own my own home. NO need to be jealous or get personal. It is a shame that people like you,who must not have anything better to do,tend to turn things the wrong way.Obviously, you must somehow relate to the welfare people,crack smokers, and the jobless,anyway- this is not about you or me. GROW UP. Y por favor, si no sabes escribir bien el espanol, no lo escribas y evitate los bochornos. gracias y que tengas buen dia.
MrsF

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

give me a break wrote:
need to sterilize the two girls and their parents. these people should not have the god given right to bring others into the world and place even greater burdens on society. if they happen to "rehabilitate" themselves in the future - let them adopt. check out the juvenile probation office at the courthouse and see what i'm talking about
LMAO @ sterilization

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••