Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the Editor | Barb Lawrence

In his submission, he claimed attacks from Democrats regarding Governor Kasich's Jobs Budget 2.0 to be shameful. Full Story
Randy Miller

Saint Clairsville, OH

#1 Mar 27, 2013
Leh, let's just keep taxing so government can get bigger, for more and more sevices. We can have all kinds of police, fire, and civil servents at the donut shops now. We can have wonderful roads we can't afford to drive on because we can't afford the gas or the car. Fewer jobs because of the taxes taking them away.
Barb, you must have missed Econ 101. Fewer taxes will bring in more revenue. Here's how it works. With fewer taxes the employer can expand the business sell more products, hire more people to produce the products thus have more people paying payroll taxes. Then you will have more money going to your wonderful government with more people working expanding economic growth.
Alice

Findlay, OH

#2 Mar 27, 2013
Now Randy, don't forget what Ashlee in another comment said about debating nicely. How dare you make a comment about police etc. at the donut shops. I bet you are sucking down coffee and donuts at the school and not doing much in between. Who knows--maybe the governor will eliminate JROTC in the schools as a budget cut.
Alice

Findlay, OH

#3 Mar 27, 2013
Randy, Econ 101--the government writes you a check for military service and you cash it, then the government writes you a check for retiring (at an early age) from the military and you cash it, and then the government writes you a check for recruiting in the high school and you cash it. You can criticize all you want but you are taking and taking from the government. Why don't you find a civilian type job. Why don't you start your own business and employ people. How's that for Econ 101.
Randy Miller

Saint Clairsville, OH

#4 Mar 27, 2013
Tongue in cheek Alice, just joking about the donut thing. Our police, firemen and other government workers do a fantastic job for what they receive in compensation. Point is the more revenue is gained by lower taxes, as explained, thus more for our police, firemen and other civil servents in wages and equipment. Lighten up Alice, you're too serious.

Alice I don't recruit in JROTC. I have nothing to do with it. Only active military recruit, I'm retired. I'm not here to enlist them, just here to make better citizens out of them.

The govenor has nothing to do with JROTC, it's a federal program run with the local school. I may be here a long time Alice, just for you. After all the Army reimburses the school half my salary. We help the school out a lot too so why would they cut the program?
Alice

Findlay, OH

#5 Mar 27, 2013
Lighten up. You're the one worried that the government is stocking piling weapons to use against the citizens. You weren't joking until I pointed out what you were actually saying and what you probably are doing/not doing at your own job. Does making students better citizens include brainwashing them in right wing Republican rhetoric? Sounds like my tax dollar again wasted on a position which includes spreading propaganda to kids. And, again, federal money for programs that could and maybe should be cut. We need to eliminate spending. Right?
Randy Miller

Saint Clairsville, OH

#6 Mar 28, 2013
Where did I ever say the DHS was going to use the stockpile of weapons against us? You won't find it. Another rant with no proof is you have never been in my class so how can you say I'm indoctrinating my students in anything? And if you want JROTC cut then contact your congressional representative.
Randy Miller

Saint Clairsville, OH

#7 Mar 28, 2013
Students from my class say it was very helpfull to them when they joined the military, they got automatic promotions for taking my class. Others have said that if it wasn't for the class they may have dropped out. The class has value Alice. For your information JROTC will have programs cut this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr Known Fact 131,906
STARNES: Tennessee school's Nation of Islam han... 11 hr Atomic 64
Panther Valley approves tax increases (Jun '08) 14 hr Pondish 64
ACLU lawsuit: Ferguson school board excludes bl... 20 hr Marcus Welby 6
Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Sat Hacker 618
Catholic board trustees want report on possible... Sat WiFi 1
Officials help break ground for new $51 million... Fri the taxpayers 2
More from around the web