Cheektowaga-Sloan Students Punished f...

Cheektowaga-Sloan Students Punished for Drinking

There are 777 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 3, 2007, titled Cheektowaga-Sloan Students Punished for Drinking. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

There will be no football games or any other school activities for eight John F. Kennedy High School students after they admitted they drank alcohol Saturday night before attending the high school homecoming ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

just me

Lancaster, NY

#753 Oct 9, 2007
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should stop bringing up bs that is completely irrelevant. None of them were driving as stated countless times before!!!
were you there you coward
Dan Saunton

Dunkirk, NY

#754 Oct 9, 2007
I totally agree with you Andi. My boyfriend loves seeing me in my football gear. It makes for a really hot night of bedroom tackles.
Andi wrote:
If any of those handsome studs need somebody to practice with, I'd be happy to volunteer to go one on one with them, maybe even two on one.
*drools*
Nothing like a guy in very tight fitting padded footbal pants to turn me on.
rat trap

Gowanda, NY

#755 Oct 9, 2007
why dont all the rats in the world go back into the wholes in there walls and nibble on a big piece of cheese and choke on a big glass of shut your trap
1980 JFK Alumni

Rochester, NY

#756 Oct 9, 2007
Mike Injaychoc wrote:
Too Bad, So Sad, Move On!
What has happened in Cheektowaga-Sloan over the past 27 years that has these people going off the deep end? It's true- the students used extremely poor judgement in showing up at a school function drunk. However, I remember that it was no big deal to go to the cast parties after the school musicals and have a few beers; or to go to a buddy's house after a Friday night football game and have a few. We acted responsibly, and there was never an occasion to discipline somebody for this. I understand the loss of these 3 football players will probably cost the JFK football team a trip to Ralph Wilson Stadium, so the whole district will pay in the end. By the way, Hello to Coach Injaychoc...I hope all is well with you.
MIKMAKMOM

Buffalo, NY

#758 Oct 10, 2007
Wolfenstein wrote:
<quoted text>
Im glad im not your kid. You should tell your kids you would not protect them from dirty police, let them know what kinda peice of work you really are. Yeash who cares about their rights, they dont need em right, especially when some cop trumps up charges or looks for a patsy becasue they not know who did what.....boy youre kids are screwed with you as a parent......you should letr them know now that you will sell them right out....
When you kid is the next Anothony Capozzi becuse his mother never taught him his civil right, i hope you suffer for it....
If you knew my kids, you would not feel bad for them =} they are very well taken care of, and if you think you can judge a mother based on one post in a blog that simply states that there too many parents blaming everyone else in the system you are very immature. I think most responsible mature parents would agree that we are responsible for our children, and if I thought my kids were not being treated fairly I would be the first person to stand up for them. However, if they get caught stealing - I'm not going to defend it and cry that their food didn't taste good in jail. That is my argument - I'm not saying I wouldn't be there for my kids, re read my post fool.
no name

Dunkirk, NY

#759 Oct 10, 2007
Kimberly wrote:
I went to Sacred Heart Academy in the 80s (Sr Mara principal during that time).
You would be surprised at how many girls whose parents were elite members of the school (lawyers and doctors) loved to snort cocaine while in school. Class president of the 1989 graduating class was one of them.
Another fine member of the 1989 graduating class grew up to be a drunk driver. Let the police catch them now before they grow up and turn 36 and be like this. She was a reporter for WTEN in Albany.
Friday, June 23, 2006: Early last Wednesday morning, reporter Kristy Mazurek was arrested and charged with DWI following a traffic stop in Watervliet.
Kristy Mazurek's parents owned a bar, wonder where see learned it from
1980 JFK Alumni

Rochester, NY

#760 Oct 10, 2007
When we went to JFK, everybody did their job: The school educated, the parents disciplined, and the police enforced the rule of law. There was no "code of conduct" that athletes or class officers had to sign, because the school didn't feel it was necessary to be a "moral barometer." If we messed up, our parents disciplined us, including holding us out of the privilege of participating in school activites. If we broke the law, the police arrested us. If we did something stupid in school, our parents were called to deal with it. Even the most cantankerous of all teachers, Coach Kozobucki, knew where the lines of authority were drawn between the parents, the school, and the police. Superintendent Mazgajewski was a teacher back then. How do YOU weigh in on this, Mr. Maz? Also, to those who've referred to "Feds on the lake" in this blog, I can't believe that still exists!!! Must be a generational thing...
rat trap

Dunkirk, NY

#761 Oct 10, 2007
Hey everyone, I just wanted to apologize for my rude comment I posted here last night. I was drnking & got into a cranky mood.
MIKMAKMOM

Buffalo, NY

#762 Oct 10, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and oranges, kid, apples and oranges.
Thank you!
MIKMAKMOM

Elma, NY

#763 Oct 10, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, lets talk teen deaths resulting from alcohol overdose...go check out the stats on that. It's not much prettier.
good argument - I didn't even consider the overdose factor...or what some kids do while their drinking, unprotected sex ...other drugs...
MIKMAKMOM

Elma, NY

#764 Oct 10, 2007
whitey wrote:
man, people are just impersonating many others on this site and that is rude. be yourself you cowards. they should just get rid of this site.
But then you wouldn't be able to come on here and comment.
zuca

Angola, NY

#765 Oct 10, 2007
Let me start by saying the students deserve the punishment they have envoked upon themselves. Unfortunately , the district does not have a policy for those who do not play sports. Double standard, I would say so!. Lets take for example; a football player who is caught drinking is suspened and removed from the any and all athletic teams for the year. On the other hand if the senior class president is caught drinking yes he or she will recieve a suspension, but he or she is not removed from presidentship of the class. Correct me if I am wrong, but to me a policy of equal treatment should be put into place.####Oh, by the way did someone forget payroll last week? Maybe she was out drinking. What a misfortune for all employees! Go Bears love you guys!!!!!
1980 JFK Alumni

Rochester, NY

#766 Oct 10, 2007
zuca wrote:
Let me start by saying the students deserve the punishment they have envoked upon themselves. Unfortunately , the district does not have a policy for those who do not play sports. Double standard, I would say so!. Lets take for example; a football player who is caught drinking is suspened and removed from the any and all athletic teams for the year. On the other hand if the senior class president is caught drinking yes he or she will recieve a suspension, but he or she is not removed from presidentship of the class. Correct me if I am wrong, but to me a policy of equal treatment should be put into place.####Oh, by the way did someone forget payroll last week? Maybe she was out drinking. What a misfortune for all employees! Go Bears love you guys!!!!!
I've been told that one of the "JFK 8" was a class officer (class president, I think) AND an outstanding student athlete, and she was removed from office, as well as banned from sports for the rest of the school year. I guess that would constitute some form of "equal treatment." I believe it is the parents- and NOT the school- who should invoke punishment. GO BEARS!!!
1980 JFK Alumni

Rochester, NY

#767 Oct 10, 2007
If it was OUR son or daughter that did this, it would be a$$ kicking time... AT HOME!!!
Adam

Dunkirk, NY

#769 Oct 10, 2007
ANYONE (not just teenagers) can have unprotected sex & do other drugs, steal cars or whatever WITHOUT having to be drinking (overdose or not).
MIKMAKMOM wrote:
<quoted text>
good argument - I didn't even consider the overdose factor...or what some kids do while their drinking, unprotected sex ...other drugs...
your face

Dunkirk, NY

#770 Oct 10, 2007
A. i want some micky d's too
B. i like apples and oranges
C. were talking about drinking and jfk.
D. bottom-line, they were drunk and came to a school function violating all terms of a contract and the school codes.
E.*farts*
F. I just farted
G.*takes a swig of beer*
H.*drops a deuces*
I. I pooped my pants
J. I swear i really didn't poop
K. nor did i take a swig of beer
L. im not like the varsity players
M. or tennis players hehehehe
N. i go to jfk
O. they got what they deserved
P. let it go
Q. its old news & no one cares anymore
R. i agree with mmmmmmmmm
S. i want some micky d's too
T. didn't i already type that?
U. oops
V. must have been too drunk to realize
W. oh wait that the 8 people who got ISS
X.=]=]=]=]
Y.this was fun and amusing
Z. enjoy my comment
. please make comments criticizing my comment
. PLEASEEEEEE
$. Thank you.
You must be kidding

Batavia, NY

#771 Oct 10, 2007
The problem is parents don't discipline their kids nowadays like our parents did. We knew better not to screw up because we knew our parents would give us an @$$ kicking or worse if we did. Parents today are afraid of their kids. It's really sad, but it's a fact. And I'm not saying that we didn't test the waters back then, but we knew the difference between testing the waters and jumping in head first. (1980 JFK Alumni is 100% correct -- great post.)
amused

Bar Harbor, ME

#772 Oct 10, 2007
This is really funny to me, the school would really be surprised that almost ten years ago I knew people that would trip on acid or take X right in the middle of class, why I dont know? but to them it was fun. Point being, drinking before coming to a dance and getting busted, thinking that is the only issue in school(s) pirceless.
Ken

Dunkirk, NY

#773 Oct 10, 2007
Ten years ago? It was like that 25 years ago as well. We used to step outside before wood, metal or electric shop to pass around a joint & continue playing with power tools & such. We never had any injuries when I was there. Guess our generation was more grown up than kids of today.
amused wrote:
This is really funny to me, the school would really be surprised that almost ten years ago I knew people that would trip on acid or take X right in the middle of class, why I dont know? but to them it was fun. Point being, drinking before coming to a dance and getting busted, thinking that is the only issue in school(s) pirceless.
Kevin in Blasdell

Surprise, AZ

#774 Oct 10, 2007
Why to go WNY! Here is your future! I think we need to get those dummy production jobs back in a hurry, or these kids will have no place to work out of HS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min ChromiuMan 143,092
News Ray-Pec district is asked to discuss violence p... (May '07) 4 hr concerned 41
News Halton school board's new Welcome Centre opens ... Sat many still walk 2... 1
News New Jersey teacher who was late for work 111 ti... Aug 28 wichita-rick 7
News Special services cut at Medford private school - (Nov '07) Aug 28 Josappo4 70
News U.S. Rep. Hurd to speak at CBA luncheon in El Paso Aug 28 huey goins 1
News Pot smokers more likely to use other drugs (Jul '11) Aug 28 ernie097 2,681
More from around the web