Former Evart Principal sentenced for sexual relationship with student

Nov 17, 2012 Full story: Northern Michigan News 35

Former Evart High School principal Alan Kullman has been sentenced to seven to 50 years for having a sexual relationship with a student.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Smallworld

Big Rapids, MI

#34 Nov 30, 2012
Fact is he was a grown man and her a child still..... It's wrong no matter how much she hates her mom or whether her mother lied in court that's all besides the point ... It's that he admitted to it it's against the law and Not ok to do under any circumstances that's fact
Smallworld

Big Rapids, MI

#35 Nov 30, 2012
Btw Elvis should have been thrown in prison too
Bob

Mount Pleasant, MI

#36 Nov 30, 2012
We don't know the whole truth .....move on and mind your won business.
Fact is he was a grown man and her a child still..... It's wrong no matter how much she hates her mom or whether her mother lied in court that's all besides the point ... It's that he admitted to it it's against the law and Not ok to do under any circumstances that's fact
Smallworld

Big Rapids, MI

#37 Dec 1, 2012
Eff you bob
mae

Big Rapids, MI

#38 Dec 1, 2012
Facts are that he choose to break the law, plead guilty to the crime, and now is going to do the time. It became the business of the community when a school employee that is being paid to protect children committed a crime with a child. It was also his job to report any abuse of students if there was any suspected, not take advantage of them. I hope those who are blaming the victim and family for his actions is not in any profession that deals with kids.
mae

Big Rapids, MI

#39 Dec 2, 2012
Perpetrators use the techniques of gradualism, grooming, flirting, targeting and seek out their targets specifically, looking for vulnerabilities, poor or missing family relationships, early sexual interest, and early physical development . For male teachers, the motive for these behaviors is often believed to be because of sexual desire, power, dominance, a “midlife crisis,” arrested development, or even a paraphilia, as with any other adult with a true sexual attraction to children.
There are many students who would fit this profile for many reasons, and educators are paid and mandated by law to protect these students, not use their circumstances to justify their own bad choices of behavior.
noneya

Southfield, MI

#40 Dec 2, 2012
i love you May.. most educated, intelligent , with a twist of common sense. basic rules of society....
Concerned in Evart

Big Rapids, MI

#41 Jan 2, 2013
One sick pup, he cannot justify it. Jail Bait is Jail Bait.
Teach/Administer or whatever ... keep your hands off of the kids
He lucky he didn't get 15 to 25 for taking advantage of a sub-ordinate
Concerned in Evart

Big Rapids, MI

#42 Jan 2, 2013
There is a reason the state/federal laws don't allow
children below the age of 18 to give consent. After all they are ONLY CHILDREN!!!!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#43 Jan 26, 2013
what are these people thinking. since when is sexual CONTACT a course of study in high school
Jimbo

Kalamazoo, MI

#44 Mar 30, 2013
Really .... 14 year old with an adult with authority ? Doesn't matter if she concented or not he took advantage of a child. And deserves everything he got.

Loyall, KY

#45 May 26, 2013
Sick @ss teacher, he does not need to be around kids no matter how good a teacher he was, he crossed the line. Yes, the girl is probably in love and wants to protect him. Sick MF'ers that we think are looking out for the best interest of our children.
evart parent

Fenton, MI

#46 Dec 26, 2013
I have several committs iv lived in evart my whole life know both the families wether he did it or not he has a daughter as well an im sure she has to see an hear all this bs an its not fair to her for whats going on ....poor kid she has alot to deal with as a child an us as adults should respect that an just bite our tounges

Since: Jan 14

Redmond, WA

#47 Jan 19, 2014
Oh Evart Michigan... Things like this don't often happen in the real world but when it does it is very serious and I agree with Many of you in here and feel bad for her family and his family.. That being said I also think that Evart girls at age 14 are far from innocent.... Most of them have more experience at that age living in that town than most adult women in their late 20's in the real world... Him being an adult should know better... Shame... Nothing in that town ever changes!!!
bucky

Mount Pleasant, MI

#48 Mar 28, 2014
the whole situation is sad. hopefully everyone involved will move on and have a some peace. no one is all good or all bad. making a bad mistake should not mean you pay for it all your life, it just means you are human.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High school Common Core lesson promotes Muhamma... 4 hr Just a guy 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Known Fact 131,920
STARNES: Tennessee school's Nation of Islam han... 9 hr True 66
Intruder places pamphlets in lockers of Oakvill... 16 hr Ted 1
Panther Valley approves tax increases (Jun '08) Sat Pondish 64
ACLU lawsuit: Ferguson school board excludes bl... Sat Marcus Welby 6
Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Sat Hacker 618
More from around the web