Controversial Senior Prank Includes "...

Controversial Senior Prank Includes "Racial Undertones"

There are 144 comments on the FOX16 story from Aug 21, 2013, titled Controversial Senior Prank Includes "Racial Undertones". In it, FOX16 reports that:

The Stuttgart School District says the walls at its High School became a canvas for graffiti with racial undertones the night before school started.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FOX16.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Adams

United States

#1 Aug 22, 2013
One news report stated: "a student's parents offered to pay for damages" - really? Nice, but is an injustice being created by not allowing the student to accept the consequences of his actions?
Really for Real

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Aug 22, 2013
Adams wrote:
One news report stated: "a student's parents offered to pay for damages" - really? Nice, but is an injustice being created by not allowing the student to accept the consequences of his actions?
. I have to agree with you if it was a black making racial threats they would have them in juvenile by now and expelled for the next two years but because they are white they get they hand tapped and that is not right a prank is playing hurt wetting people putting plastic wrap on the toilet so they can't use the bathroom but to put on them thin cheap sheets over there head and threats saying the south will rise I don't think stuttgart can handle those kind of threats they need to deal with them and they should be seniors again next year when they return maybe they can learn the difference between prank and threats
holyrunonsentenc esbatman

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Aug 22, 2013
Um.... What?
So True

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Aug 22, 2013
Ikr...just like last year a black kid had a play gun at school he got put out the hold year an I think they should do the same to these Senior an don't let they parents pay they way out of this .
Same old bull

Little Rock, AR

#5 Aug 22, 2013
Not good for my hometown. Were these football players?
So True

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Aug 22, 2013
Nope.. Redneck they to sorry to play football.

Cabot, AR

#7 Aug 22, 2013
If they had been black, they would not be in trouble. The supt is trying to make the south will rise again Arkansas county, America be racist. Kind of hard to pull race on this one.
Casscoe

Stuttgart, AR

#8 Aug 23, 2013
Wrong color to be racist. Trayvon got shot and all hell broke loose, Oklahoma baseball player gets shot and it hasn't hardly hit the news. Middle class white man is the most discriminated against person in the country.
smh

Little Rock, AR

#9 Aug 23, 2013
Guest wrote:
If they had been black, they would not be in trouble. The supt is trying to make the south will rise again Arkansas county, America be racist. Kind of hard to pull race on this one.
Just what do you think "The South will rise again" refers to?
no name

United States

#10 Aug 23, 2013
smh wrote:
<quoted text>Just what do you think "The South will rise again" refers to?
What's racist about that statement? Black folks always looking for something to cry about. Cry over the hoodies not the statement!!!
confused

Cabot, AR

#11 Aug 23, 2013
Really for Real wrote:
<quoted text>. I have to agree with you if it was a black making racial threats they would have them in juvenile by now and expelled for the next two years but because they are white they get they hand tapped and that is not right a prank is playing hurt wetting people putting plastic wrap on the toilet so they can't use the bathroom but to put on them thin cheap sheets over there head and threats saying the south will rise I don't think stuttgart can handle those kind of threats they need to deal with them and they should be seniors again next year when they return maybe they can learn the difference between prank and threats
I would LOVE to know how "the south will rise again" could even be considered a racial threat
really

Carlisle, AR

#12 Aug 23, 2013
So True wrote:
Ikr...just like last year a black kid had a play gun at school he got put out the hold year an I think they should do the same to these Senior an don't let they parents pay they way out of this .
If he was out of school a whole year I hope he learned how to spell and write better than you.
america!

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Aug 23, 2013
Race is not just between white and black! When will people realize that!? What happen at the school was wrong. But I'm disappointed how the new handled it. The school should have never allowed the media to get involved!!

The race we should be worried about are them towel heads! Instead us Americans are Turning into other countries that just kill eachother for no reason! It's disgusting to me!!!
come on

United States

#14 Aug 23, 2013
They didn't run through the halls during school hours dressed in kkk gear screaming "the south will rise again". If they would have painted this on the side of Walmart dressed in kkk gear would everyone still say the kids needed to be thrown out of school. NO! They need to be punished for defacing school property and that should be turned over to the law.
confused

Cabot, AR

#15 Aug 23, 2013
come on wrote:
They didn't run through the halls during school hours dressed in kkk gear screaming "the south will rise again". If they would have painted this on the side of Walmart dressed in kkk gear would everyone still say the kids needed to be thrown out of school. NO! They need to be punished for defacing school property and that should be turned over to the law.
Right! They need to be punished for being idiots and vandalizing school property but thrown out of school, no way! How is depriving them of an education going to help them?
Heathen

United States

#16 Aug 23, 2013
?
gwow

Stuttgart, AR

#17 Aug 23, 2013
They were kids doing something stupid that in their little minds they thought was funny. it wasnt funny and i can guarantee you now they are not laughing. They need to pay for it be on punishment at school and home, but honestly kicking them out of school is not the answer. They did something they will regret for a long time. But their right to an education should not be taken away.
the truth

Stuttgart, AR

#18 Aug 23, 2013
I think first everyone should realize that the boy's pictured in with the KKK outfits on WERE NOT the same boy's that painted on the school. That was a week before and totally different kids! They do deserve punishment without a doubt, but the media is who put the 2 pictures side by side
come on

Cabot, AR

#19 Aug 23, 2013
the truth wrote:
I think first everyone should realize that the boy's pictured in with the KKK outfits on WERE NOT the same boy's that painted on the school. That was a week before and totally different kids! They do deserve punishment without a doubt, but the media is who put the 2 pictures side by side
Really? So they weren't dress up like clan members? Wow now the media needs to be made to correct their error.

Cabot, AR

#20 Aug 23, 2013
See today's paper

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min ChromiuMan 141,399
News As Pennsylvania budget deadline looms, no agree... 2 hr jones 44
News Racist Texas Teacher Fired 3 hr Spotted Girl 298
News Grand jury releases searing report on Solano Co... 8 hr Leanne 3
News Chicago mayor to detail $200 million in school ... 21 hr RalphB 4
News Is free school lunch the next great American en... 21 hr Jaimie 2
News Illinois Teacher Sacked For Stomping on America... Wed Bama Yankee 1
More from around the web