Transgender Fountain 1st grader banne...

Transgender Fountain 1st grader banned from girls bathroom, discrimination claim filed

There are 108 comments on the Daily Camera story from Feb 26, 2013, titled Transgender Fountain 1st grader banned from girls bathroom, discrimination claim filed. In it, Daily Camera reports that:

The parents of a transgender 6-year-old have filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Division because Eagleside Elementary School in Fountain has banned the 1st grader from using the girl's bathroom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Camera.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#84 Mar 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Surgery and hormone use will never turn you into the opposite sex. A male will never develop ovaries from surgery or female hormone use and a female will never grow a prostate and produce semen from taking male hormones or surgery. You can mutilate your body with all the surgery you want but it will never change your sex. You should work out why your mind is malfunctioning instead.
If it's about genetics, then about 10% of all "women" that you call women are actually male, and about 10% of all "men" that you call men are actually women. Then there's the 5-10% of humans that are indeterminate ... thus proving once again, you know nothing about scientific matters and should stick to pretending to be Sarah Palin.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#85 Mar 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Lactation does not turn a man into a woman.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
Idiot.
Funny, you cite something that presents your original base argument as fallacious.

“If you can't beat um join um”

Since: Jun 11

Under the troll bridge

#86 Mar 18, 2013
Did anyone see this family on TV when this story aired? Did you see their other kids? Before anyone rushes to judgement I think this should be investigated further to verify their claim and determine if this child is really transgender or if this is actually a case of a couple of sickos who aren't fit to raise any of those kids.
Think about it. Remember the balloon kid?
alexandra franciska

Guelph, Canada

#87 Mar 19, 2013
The Troll Doll wrote:
Did anyone see this family on TV when this story aired? Did you see their other kids? Before anyone rushes to judgement I think this should be investigated further to verify their claim and determine if this child is really transgender or if this is actually a case of a couple of sickos who aren't fit to raise any of those kids.
Think about it. Remember the balloon kid?
obviously no one can know for sure, except for the child. care needs to be done. because intervention by doctor, or parent, has been documented in past to make the child look and feel like something, that it did not feel like.

but kids know, from a psychological stand point, from a very young age, different in sex and gender. from 4 yo, they know. and when they are 6 they know more. so if they are going from what this child has said, then they are justified and being good parents.

the most important thing for trans people, is intervention when young. so before puberty starts around 8 years old, the child will know better about themselves, and they will be able to say. a doctor will diagnose them if they are trans, and they will be on puberty blockers until they are old enough for hormone replacement therapy, which starts i think maybe at 13 or 14 years of age.

so until they start HRT, they will have even MORE time to decide if they are truly trans. so there is plenty of time for her.

however, in the meantime, she dresses and looks like a girl. she should be allowed to use girls bathroom. when she is older, and independant from parents and everyone else, she will be diagnosed and truly choose for herself if she is trans. if she isnt, she can easily transition back to male and live that way, happily.

it is a very easy thought process, but i agree with you care needs to be taken. mistakes have been made in past, and only the child can truly know their feelings. parents and peers and friends should take care not to influence the kid one way, or othet way.

Under the troll bridge

#88 Mar 19, 2013
alexandra franciska wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously no one can know for sure, except for the child. care needs to be done. because intervention by doctor, or parent, has been documented in past to make the child look and feel like something, that it did not feel like.
but kids know, from a psychological stand point, from a very young age, different in sex and gender. from 4 yo, they know. and when they are 6 they know more. so if they are going from what this child has said, then they are justified and being good parents.
the most important thing for trans people, is intervention when young. so before puberty starts around 8 years old, the child will know better about themselves, and they will be able to say. a doctor will diagnose them if they are trans, and they will be on puberty blockers until they are old enough for hormone replacement therapy, which starts i think maybe at 13 or 14 years of age.
so until they start HRT, they will have even MORE time to decide if they are truly trans. so there is plenty of time for her.
however, in the meantime, she dresses and looks like a girl. she should be allowed to use girls bathroom. when she is older, and independant from parents and everyone else, she will be diagnosed and truly choose for herself if she is trans. if she isnt, she can easily transition back to male and live that way, happily.
it is a very easy thought process, but i agree with you care needs to be taken. mistakes have been made in past, and only the child can truly know their feelings. parents and peers and friends should take care not to influence the kid one way, or othet way.
During the interview they said they started dressing her as a girl and providing dolls and such when she was just two years old. She was barely talking.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#90 Mar 19, 2013
Don't say anything and let him rant! Before long it becomes clear that they/he is obssesed with the subject because he is fighting off his own homosexuality. Many Gay and Transgender people used to do this before their awakening. In ten years he will be a changed man.
Regards, Terri
anna wrote:
Sometimes i get courious about posters i might debate a topic with. Bernard Continelli has some interesting comments around such as:
<quoted text>
He is consistant as this 2 yo comment proves
<quoted text>
http://m.topix.com/forum/city/glenmont-ny/T5S...
I am courious if.he is gay because so many of his posts mention gays even when not in a glbt topic

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#91 Mar 24, 2013
anna wrote:
I see you completely ignored the word "speculations" at the beginning of the article.

Whackjob.

Location hidden

#93 Mar 24, 2013
The Troll Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
During the interview they said they started dressing her as a girl and providing dolls and such when she was just two years old. She was barely talking.
They dressed HIM, Coy, as a girl before he even got out of diapers. It's apparent his so-called parent was brainwashing him. His legal guardians should be put in jail for messing with his mind like that. At 6, he's likely permanently damaged by this abuse. His mom ought to have her fertility chemically neutralized.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#94 Mar 24, 2013
BRAIN WASHING...101

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#95 Mar 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>They dressed HIM, Coy, as a girl before he even got out of diapers. It's apparent his so-called parent was brainwashing him. His legal guardians should be put in jail for messing with his mind like that. At 6, he's likely permanently damaged by this abuse. His mom ought to have her fertility chemically neutralized.
Your speculations and assumptions are meaningless.

Location hidden

#96 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another perv who shouldn't be allowed around kids.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#97 Mar 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Here's another perv who shouldn't be allowed around kids.
alexandra franciska

Guelph, Canada

#98 Mar 25, 2013
i question the validity of anyone making this public.

it is the lowest form of any sort of validation, is comments made by anonymous users online. nobody truly knows the situation of the child, so nobody can say for sure what is going on. beyond that, it is just everyone insulting eachother. great.

this stuff should never be in the public sphere. let people deal with their stuff in private.

Central NJ

#99 Mar 25, 2013
How do you know? Did you read that somewhere? I've suspected this "Training" happens more than than it should. Remember "Jazz", Another "Transexual" Baby? These children always get strange, "never heard that before" names (Coy, Jazz)
Regards, Terri
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>They dressed HIM, Coy, as a girl before he even got out of diapers. It's apparent his so-called parent was brainwashing him. His legal guardians should be put in jail for messing with his mind like that. At 6, he's likely permanently damaged by this abuse. His mom ought to have her fertility chemically neutralized.
anna

Atlanta, GA

#100 Mar 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I see you completely ignored the word "speculations" at the beginning of the article.
Whackjob.
do your own homework so you will retain more of the info.
The Female Prostate
Authors
Contrary to the statement by Borchert et
al.( 1 ) that “Women have no prostate …
,” women do have a prostate, the
presence of which has clinical
significance for the female and for our
understanding of the expression of
prostate- specific antigen (PSA) in
women and its possible implications.
http://m.jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/90/9...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#101 Mar 25, 2013
anna wrote:
<quoted text> do your own homework so you will retain more of the info.
The Female Prostate
Authors
Contrary to the statement by Borchert et
al.( 1 ) that “Women have no prostate …
,” women do have a prostate, the
presence of which has clinical
significance for the female and for our
understanding of the expression of
prostate- specific antigen (PSA) in
women and its possible implications.
http://m.jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/90/9...
Nano doesn't think men have mammary glans.

Under the troll bridge

#102 Mar 25, 2013
TerryE wrote:
How do you know? Did you read that somewhere? I've suspected this "Training" happens more than than it should. Remember "Jazz", Another "Transexual" Baby? These children always get strange, "never heard that before" names (Coy, Jazz)
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
They interviewed the family on one of the local news stations and they stated that he wanted to be a girl before he was even two years old. They showed his bedroom. Pink, frilly, dolls etc. They have 4 young children and each one had a different color hair. Pink, purple, green, blue. Very, very odd family.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#103 Mar 25, 2013
The Troll Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
They interviewed the family on one of the local news stations and they stated that he wanted to be a girl before he was even two years old. They showed his bedroom. Pink, frilly, dolls etc. They have 4 young children and each one had a different color hair. Pink, purple, green, blue. Very, very odd family.
How is any of what you stated "odd?"

Central NJ

#104 Mar 26, 2013
How does anyone know that early? This reminds me of the Faa Fafini (google) of Polynesia, where one child may be "picked" to become the "Girl". I'm a Transexual and I assure you that I had no such encouragement from my parents. I would have loved if they had. This was in the late forties and the word had not even been coined yet.
Another view says that they recognized "something" in the child at a very early age and responded to whatever they saw. I have a grandson, who is that way. However, we didn't jump to conclusions about him. His brother is not that way. I don't know, but I wonder.
Regards, Terri
The Troll Doll wrote:
<quoted text>

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#105 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
How is any of what you stated "odd?"
How is anything he said, not odd???
Dudes marrying other dudes, chicks acting like men, parents raising their kids to be transvestites...It's no wonder this country is so f'd up!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Brandi 141,238
News Upskirt images bring down 15-year-old Emmaus Hi... (Jul '09) 1 hr TwatsUp 235
News Hawaii Raises Smoking Age to 21 - Could New Yor... 3 hr Dan 3
News The School Lunches Michelle Obama's Kids Eat Vs... 3 hr Miss Id 1
News As Pennsylvania budget deadline looms, no agree... 4 hr Manny 41
News Jupiter middle school principal accused of infl... (Mar '08) 23 hr The Enabler Disabler 26
News Erie schools to launch comprehensive sex educat... Mon TALLY 5
More from around the web