Transgender Fountain 1st grader banne...

Transgender Fountain 1st grader banned from girls bathroom, discrimination claim filed

There are 108 comments on the Daily Camera story from Feb 26, 2013, titled Transgender Fountain 1st grader banned from girls bathroom, discrimination claim filed. In it, Daily Camera reports that:

The parents of a transgender 6-year-old have filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Division because Eagleside Elementary School in Fountain has banned the 1st grader from using the girl's bathroom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Camera.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#23 Mar 1, 2013
Gender used to be and still mainly is determined by genitalia, Agreed! However, lately (last fifty years) that is changing. There is a general recognition that not all males are men, the same is true of females. A male bodied child may have the brain and emotions of a female and would be far happier had s/he been born as a female. Go read some of the literature and find out what their early life experiences are like. Parents abusing, even killing their children just for being who they are as though the child could do something about it. The child thinks s/he should have been a girl! S/he's going to suddenly become a "male" and rape the girls just because of the opportunity? Come on, Get real!
Regards, Terri
Roscoe wrote:
Hey Baby, your tough tslk is giving me a stiffy! Whether you agree or not, gender is determined by genetalia in this society. We are talking about a genetic boy who has been intentionally confused by his parents.

Since: Apr 10

Williston, ND

#24 Mar 1, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Gender used to be and still mainly is determined by genitalia, Agreed! However, lately (last fifty years) that is changing. There is a general recognition that not all males are men, the same is true of females. A male bodied child may have the brain and emotions of a female and would be far happier had s/he been born as a female. Go read some of the literature and find out what their early life experiences are like. Parents abusing, even killing their children just for being who they are as though the child could do something about it. The child thinks s/he should have been a girl! S/he's going to suddenly become a "male" and rape the girls just because of the opportunity? Come on, Get real!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Dont forget for some idiots everything is about sex just becasue if they were in a girls locker room or restroom they would rape the girls doesnt mean that everyone will. You know this Terry but they need some learning
1. a 5 year old does know gender idenity, I did and most transsexuals did as did most people
2. 5 year olds havent hit puberty yet they dont have sex
3. When older a MTF transsexual will be put on puberty blockers that render them pre pubisant so not intrested in sex
4. when a MTF transsexual is put on HRT it renders them impotent
5. Transsexuals go though YEARS of councling and psychtherapy and docter visits
6. Most major world psycological and medical orgs reconize transsexuality as a MEDICAL condition and it must be treated accordingly
7. Blocking a MTF from using the female restooms in the state of colorado is ILLEGAL and is akin to blocking a cancer paitent from reciving treatment
8. Just because we dont understand exactly what causes it doenst mean it doesnt exhist, we dont know why humans have an appendix yet we have them, we dont know why fingers and toes wrinkle in water yet it happens
Roscoe

Tempe, AZ

#25 Mar 1, 2013
You people keep harping that it is not a sexual issue but then your own comments take it there. Your self contradiction tells a lot about you. This kid in CO is legally male pure and simple. His parents can turn him into anything they think is cute but the kid is LEGALLY male. Get it? I can call myself a German Shepard and act like one but it doesn't make it so.

Since: Apr 10

Williston, ND

#26 Mar 1, 2013
Roscoe wrote:
You people keep harping that it is not a sexual issue but then your own comments take it there. Your self contradiction tells a lot about you. This kid in CO is legally male pure and simple. His parents can turn him into anything they think is cute but the kid is LEGALLY male. Get it? I can call myself a German Shepard and act like one but it doesn't make it so.
What you dont understand is transsexulism is a MEDICAL condition and can be and has been proven so by most major world medical orgs. unless I see your medical licence # and you can prove you have spent more years researching it than all the mojor world medical and pschylogical orgs. you have no leg to stand on as the facts are on our side not yours.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#27 Mar 1, 2013
We only take it there to answer you! Transexuals rarely even talk about sex. The subject and the interest is a taboo. CDs might, I can't say, but TSes don't. S/he is only legally male because of a legal system that is just beginning to recognise transexuality. My Drivers Lic says F for gender, but I was born male bodied too and I'm pre op. So what am I? Male or female? I leave it to you!
Regards, Terri
Roscoe wrote:
You people keep harping that it is not a sexual issue but then your own comments take it there. Your self contradiction tells a lot about you. This kid in CO is legally male pure and simple. His parents can turn him into anything they think is cute but the kid is LEGALLY male. Get it? I can call myself a German Shepard and act like one but it doesn't make it so.
rupaul is coming to town

Billings, MT

#28 Mar 1, 2013
Soon at that school a tranny will go to the restroom with all your daughters pull out his genetalia and shout im a girl , here touch it ill show you! Then, you who Feel sorry for the boy will change your tune!
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#29 Mar 1, 2013
He's a boy, and should use the 'male' bathroom plain and simple. Furthermore, of all the letters in "LGBT" I think the last group - not the first three - is 'pushing the envelope' FAR too liberal.

It's ONE thing for an employer to say for example, "You're fired - I heard that you're gay" or "You're fired - I heard that you do a drag act at _______ gay bar on Saturday nights".

However, just because a person "feels like the other gender" or "half-and-half" this should not give them the right to come to work totally in drag or like an old Monty Python parody where one's dressed 'butch' from the waist-up, and wearing a ballerina tutu from the waist-down if both in fact violate the company dress code.

I encourage all gays to distance themselves from the so-called "radical, elitist gay mafia" and only push for 'liberation' measures that at least stand a CHANCE of being palatable to 'mainstream, BOURGEOIS America'. Two dudes who marry where it's legal should BOTH wear tuxes, and NOT one tux and one wedding gown like on "South Park"!

Too much 'diversity' in such liberation movements is always counter-productive, and you should be less altruistic in this regard and more "selfish". In fact if I were you I'd really get artistically-creative and design a new "black & white rainbow" that goes from pure white to jet black with "mere" shades of colorless gray in between.

Since: Apr 10

Williston, ND

#30 Mar 1, 2013
TerryE wrote:
We only take it there to answer you! Transexuals rarely even talk about sex. The subject and the interest is a taboo. CDs might, I can't say, but TSes don't. S/he is only legally male because of a legal system that is just beginning to recognise transexuality. My Drivers Lic says F for gender, but I was born male bodied too and I'm pre op. So what am I? Male or female? I leave it to you!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Be carefull Terri you may confuse the ignorant ones

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#31 Mar 1, 2013
That is the stupidest thing I've ever read!
Regards, Terri
rupaul is coming to town wrote:
Soon at that school a tranny will go to the restroom with all your daughters pull out his genetalia and shout im a girl , here touch it ill show you! Then, you who Feel sorry for the boy will change your tune!

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#32 Mar 1, 2013
Drag Queens dress in drag! Transexuals dress as their true selves. Don't believe it? Go to Lynnconway.com and scroll down to Transexual Women's Successes and read up on some of these women. You might learn something!
Regards, Terri
Bernard Continelli wrote:
He's a boy, and should use the 'male' bathroom plain and simple. Furthermore, of all the letters in "LGBT" I think the last group - not the first three - is 'pushing the envelope' FAR too liberal.
It's ONE thing for an employer to say for example, "You're fired - I heard that you're gay" or "You're fired - I heard that you do a drag act at _______ gay bar on Saturday nights".
However, just because a person "feels like the other gender" or "half-and-half" this should not give them the right to come to work totally in drag or like an old Monty Python parody where one's dressed 'butch' from the waist-up, and wearing a ballerina tutu from the waist-down if both in fact violate the company dress code.
I encourage all gays to distance themselves from the so-called "radical, elitist gay mafia" and only push for 'liberation' measures that at least stand a CHANCE of being palatable to 'mainstream, BOURGEOIS America'. Two dudes who marry where it's legal should BOTH wear tuxes, and NOT one tux and one wedding gown like on "South Park"!
Too much 'diversity' in such liberation movements is always counter-productive, and you should be less altruistic in this regard and more "selfish". In fact if I were you I'd really get artistically-creative and design a new "black & white rainbow" that goes from pure white to jet black with "mere" shades of colorless gray in between.
Roscoe

Tempe, AZ

#33 Mar 1, 2013
It is obvious that many of the commenters here are only able to beat the "agenda" drum and parrot the phrases they have been conditioned to repeat. If someone tries to make a logical, legal point based on current societal practices they are labeled "idiot," "moron," and "pedophile" by the "agenda" sheep. Want to know why your "agenda" is failing miserably? People like you. I have better things to do than try and match wits with unarmed people. Best of luck to those of you who don't know what gender you are.(Hint: next time you strip off take a peek between you legs.)
geza

Guelph, Canada

#34 Mar 1, 2013
who is this ru paul? i am guessing that this is american literature or american television show :D

roscoe i cannot tell what you mean by your post in regard to this topic because i do not live or understand true mechanic of english :D but i will try.

i will assume that you are not very nice to transsexual :( but if you are please ignore my reply!

you sound like an agenda moron or idiot just like all other agenda sheep! as we say in hungary, the burden of proof will always be on you, the speaker. so this means, simply assuming that your audience is dumb (ad hominem) and that you are too good to respond (burden of proof) is worst argument ever :DDD

you win dumb reply award! i am now awaiting you to judge my post as "dumb" or 'clueless'. i am quite fond of the light bulb picture above my posts when i argue with dumb people :D

since men are always the most homophobic and transgender - phobic, this will be hard to convince you :D i know good science since in hungary your worth is who you are as person and your work, unlike america i am not treated like lesser person for being girl :D when i was in america i would talk about hungary and it's scientists, but the men would just nod and treat me otherwise. so dumb :D

but against what i believe to be good judgement, i will commence my post and rant: transsexual is actually medical condition!

this means during second trimester... BAZNIII this is so hard in english... okay

when you are fetus, you have one line. to develop as female. only when a flick is 'switched' on (the XY rather than XX), the body will develop otherwise.

you have to understand, this may not be well known in n.amerika, but chromosomes don't do much else. literally, the body (it is like a car, understand... it is just atoms and molecules) does not determine everything.

everything that is determined, is in brain (the engine of the car :D) this is where it all come together. BUT. ok. so, second trimester. the male fetus awaits testosterone from mother. however, he receives more estrogen. his brain, is now feminized. he now has soul of female, body of male.

(although i am working on thesis, that some other chemical perhaps cocaine or alcohol, is what makes men like you develop an aversion to intelligence or science :D haha its joke :D)

same thing for female baby. awaits estrogen, but gets testosterone.

in todays world, the availability of estrogens from plastics and food, and in almost all baby products, is huge. it makes sense why there are transsexuals, more than before.

this is science! so sad you can not argue it. literally, what is there to argue? unless you are top scientist and will publish a study that took you years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to prove otherwise, you cannot disprove it.

héhéhéháháhá, or maybe i am just what you call a 'agenda sheep'?

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#35 Mar 1, 2013
I don't know who calling you names but it's not me. I'm simply trying to present the argument from our, heretofore unrecognized position. Your position may be appropriate for now, but it is changing as the medical causes of our problem is found thru research. I gather you would have us suffer in silence. and we're saying "NO" in a loud positive and unified voice. There's been too much of that in the past. It's caused too much pain and anguish. It's caused too many promising lives lost to Drug abuse, alcoholism. and suicide. We are not going back in to the bottle or the closet! And we're going to help our young sisters and brothers avoid the wasted lives we had because of society's prejudice. I'm over 60yo and I'm nobody's "Agenda Sheep". My feelings are my own and I've got fifty years of suffering to prove it.
Regards, Terri
Roscoe wrote:
It is obvious that many of the commenters here are only able to beat the "agenda" drum and parrot the phrases they have been conditioned to repeat. If someone tries to make a logical, legal point based on current societal practices they are labeled "idiot," "moron," and "pedophile" by the "agenda" sheep. Want to know why your "agenda" is failing miserably? People like you. I have better things to do than try and match wits with unarmed people. Best of luck to those of you who don't know what gender you are.(Hint: next time you strip off take a peek between you legs.)
anna

United States

#36 Mar 1, 2013
rupaul is coming to town wrote:
Soon at that school a tranny will go to the restroom with all your daughters pull out his genetalia and shout im a girl , here touch it ill show you! Then, you who Feel sorry for the boy will change your tune!
may i ask, how old are you?
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#37 Mar 1, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Drag Queens dress in drag! Transexuals dress as their true selves. Don't believe it? Go to Lynnconway.com and scroll down to Transexual Women's Successes and read up on some of these women. You might learn something!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
My point was that drag queens cross-dress on their own time, just like gays love same-sex persons on their own time. I'm talking about the workplace and its rules - you can't realistically expect "mainstream bourgeois America" to bend the rules here.

I don't apologize for being a GENERIC "Booker T. Washington-ist" when it comes to 'fringe groups that are trying to gain mainstream acceptance', and as a longtime marijuana legalization advocate I've more-than-often CRINGED at the type of freak-a-zoids that have showed up at legalization rallies WHILE 'mainstrean bourgeois America' either watched them live or on TV cameras.

The painful fact of the matter is that the "N****** have got to go, and only the respectable persons of (social instead of actual) color" should be in the forefront and at the helm of ANY 'liberation' movement.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#38 Mar 1, 2013
Geza! A little refinement here and there and you've got English down pretty well! Congradulations! It is a very hard language to learn! Even I have trouble with it some times. You are correct about fetuses all being female until the gender switch is turned on. RUpaul is a "Drag Queen". Drag Queens are another stop on the gender continuum. He is very good. Drag Queens are the classic "drag show" performers but they are seldom transexual or Transvestite (CD). They seldom dress up when they're off stage. As Opposed to Transexuals, who want to blend in as women.
Regards, Terri
geza wrote:
who is this ru paul? i am guessing that this is american literature or american television show :D
roscoe i cannot tell what you mean by your post in regard to this topic because i do not live or understand true mechanic of english :D but i will try.
i will assume that you are not very nice to transsexual :( but if you are please ignore my reply!
you sound like an agenda moron or idiot just like all other agenda sheep! as we say in hungary, the burden of proof will always be on you, the speaker. so this means, simply assuming that your audience is dumb (ad hominem) and that you are too good to respond (burden of proof) is worst argument ever :DDD
you win dumb reply award! i am now awaiting you to judge my post as "dumb" or 'clueless'. i am quite fond of the light bulb picture above my posts when i argue with dumb people :D
since men are always the most homophobic and transgender - phobic, this will be hard to convince you :D i know good science since in hungary your worth is who you are as person and your work, unlike america i am not treated like lesser person for being girl :D when i was in america i would talk about hungary and it's scientists, but the men would just nod and treat me otherwise. so dumb :D
but against what i believe to be good judgement, i will commence my post and rant: transsexual is actually medical condition!
this means during second trimester... BAZNIII this is so hard in english... okay
when you are fetus, you have one line. to develop as female. only when a flick is 'switched' on (the XY rather than XX), the body will develop otherwise.
you have to understand, this may not be well known in n.amerika, but chromosomes don't do much else. literally, the body (it is like a car, understand... it is just atoms and molecules) does not determine everything.
everything that is determined, is in brain (the engine of the car :D) this is where it all come together. BUT. ok. so, second trimester. the male fetus awaits testosterone from mother. however, he receives more estrogen. his brain, is now feminized. he now has soul of female, body of male.
(although i am working on thesis, that some other chemical perhaps cocaine or alcohol, is what makes men like you develop an aversion to intelligence or science :D haha its joke :D)
same thing for female baby. awaits estrogen, but gets testosterone.
in todays world, the availability of estrogens from plastics and food, and in almost all baby products, is huge. it makes sense why there are transsexuals, more than before.
this is science! so sad you can not argue it. literally, what is there to argue? unless you are top scientist and will publish a study that took you years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to prove otherwise, you cannot disprove it.
héhéhéháháhá, or maybe i am just what you call a 'agenda sheep'?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#39 Mar 1, 2013
Roscoe wrote:
Hey Baby, your tough tslk is giving me a stiffy! Whether you agree or not, gender is determined by genetalia in this society. We are talking about a genetic boy who has been intentionally confused by his parents.
Interesting, so you know nothing about genetics. Many genetically male or female humans are born with the incorrect genitalia, and they live their lives as if they are the opposite gender in spite of it, and are not transgendered, only recently have we actually gotten the technology and capability of testing for this. Of course they are sterile, but that's the nature of genetics for double gendered reproduction systems, it's very prone to errors and mistakes. Of course being as sexist as you are, you wouldn't want to admit that science does not support your idiotic bigotry.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#40 Mar 1, 2013
TerryE wrote:
That is the stupidest thing I've ever read!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
He's a pedophile, pay him no mind, the police will be arresting him very soon.
geza

Guelph, Canada

#41 Mar 1, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Geza! A little refinement here and there and you've got English down pretty well! Congradulations! It is a very hard language to learn! Even I have trouble with it some times. You are correct about fetuses all being female until the gender switch is turned on. RUpaul is a "Drag Queen". Drag Queens are another stop on the gender continuum. He is very good. Drag Queens are the classic "drag show" performers but they are seldom transexual or Transvestite (CD). They seldom dress up when they're off stage. As Opposed to Transexuals, who want to blend in as women.
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
k&#337;szi for your reply'

i am trying very hard to learn english, but i am thinking i am more advanced! the only thing that is of honestly true difficulty is grammar, but i will be getting better every day'

okay, he must be famous in north amerika or something ! and yes since i try to be intelligent, i learn about this stuff hehe so i know of course that crossdresser or drag queen or king is not the same as transsexual!

transsexualism is a medical issue, ofc. for crossdresser, it is costume to put on clothes. for transsexual, it is just who they are, like any other woman. i think it is quite stupid. i do not consider myself more female than transsexual! we were both born with female soul and female brain. that is what important to me. but they simply got unlucky with nature...

anyways. i will not ramble on for ages and ages! the ignorance here is so sad. every thread in trans gender forum is troll or insult thread, or it is not even about trans gender!

oh well, at least we have smart people like you and like me here haha
anna

United States

#42 Mar 1, 2013
geza wrote:
<quoted text>
k&#337;szi for your reply'
i am trying very hard to learn english, but i am thinking i am more advanced! the only thing that is of honestly true difficulty is grammar, but i will be getting better every day'
okay, he must be famous in north amerika or something ! and yes since i try to be intelligent, i learn about this stuff hehe so i know of course that crossdresser or drag queen or king is not the same as transsexual!
transsexualism is a medical issue, ofc. for crossdresser, it is costume to put on clothes. for transsexual, it is just who they are, like any other woman. i think it is quite stupid. i do not consider myself more female than transsexual! we were both born with female soul and female brain. that is what important to me. but they simply got unlucky with nature...
anyways. i will not ramble on for ages and ages! the ignorance here is so sad. every thread in trans gender forum is troll or insult thread, or it is not even about trans gender!
oh well, at least we have smart people like you and like me here haha
Hi Geza, your english is probably better then mine..
You said female soul and brain, would you mind explaining more about transsexuals and female soul?
Thank you.

I delivr being transsexual is more then phsyical differance and are part of.natural life design.
Transsexuals are part of life for a reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sioux Falls schools unblocking LGBT Internet re... 1 hr Christsharian Dee... 20
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Mickey402 148,097
News Sex Scandal in Mount Vernon: Former Superintend... (Mar '12) 8 hr Zeke the Pinhead 3
News Indiana 6th Graders Had Sex In Class Last Fall,... (Mar '07) 9 hr Anthony Scarpuzzi 6
News Pittsfield School Committee backs $60.94 millio... 11 hr the city I hate 2
News Accused of sex with boy, ex-teacher is indicted (Jul '06) 17 hr Anthony Scarpuzzi 6
News Fulton schools' abstinence-is-best sex ed curri... (Sep '15) Thu hal 4
More from around the web