Jenks Student Gets Perfect Score On A...

Jenks Student Gets Perfect Score On ACT Test

There are 34 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Jenks Student Gets Perfect Score On ACT Test. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A student at Jenks Public Schools has bested one of the toughest tests in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gator rassler

Broken Arrow, OK

#21 Sep 14, 2010
Is she old enuff to run for mayor yet?
Jimmy

Tulsa, OK

#22 Sep 14, 2010
Flash is correct. It's great she was able to accomplish this at a young age. I know of two people that accomplished this as Freshmen it was about 20 years ago however.
tommy

Monticello, IL

#23 Sep 14, 2010
hey what's the legal in oklahoma? i'd like to get her under contract before she gets to college.
JenksoverBTW

Tulsa, OK

#24 Sep 14, 2010
flash wrote:
Not to diminish this girl's accomplishment, but nearly every year BTW has at least one perfect score, sometimes more. No one ever says a word about it. Why is that?
Who cares about them lol
GoBigJ

Tulsa, OK

#25 Sep 14, 2010
flash wrote:
Not to diminish this girl's accomplishment, but nearly every year BTW has at least one perfect score, sometimes more. No one ever says a word about it. Why is that?
Let's go with, Jenks makes the highest academic scores in the state, way above Booker T, who compares in virtually nothing to Jenks. So you say there are sometimes perfect scores at Booker T? Jenks has dozens every single year, in all grades. They just toppled another goal: Jolee got a perfect score as a freshman.

The keyword to that was "freshman."
Scott

Rolla, MO

#26 Sep 14, 2010
Bixby Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Or was it like the football team cheating and they had someone else take the test for them?
Let this girl have her moment. Just like someone from BTW to try and steal someone's moment. TRULY PATHETIC!!!!!
BIGcheater wrote:
Probably cheated just like their football coach!!
Oh, now come on people. Can we stop attacking Booker T. and just be sensible for a moment. Attack not the man's school for its poor reputation, but rather the inherent value upon which the man's claim was made.

Jenks had its fiasco with Allen Trimble, and Booker T. has had its flaws as well. Neither school is perfect, so I think we all should quit acting like it.

Also, congratulations, Jolee. I'm very proud of you.
gitfidl

Spring Valley, CA

#27 Sep 14, 2010
Good for Her! Great future for that kid.
Jolees MOM

Broken Arrow, OK

#28 Sep 14, 2010
Here are the facts, straight from ACT. 1 1/2 million students took this test last year. 638 scored a perfect 36. What we don't know is how many of those are freshmen. What an accomplishment for Tulsa and for OKLAHOMA, no matter what the school! Way to go JOLEE! We are so proud of you. This is the kid who said her first word at 3 months, her first grade teacher gave her a third grade reader to keep from getting bored, she won her elementary spelling bee in the 3rd grade (competing against 4th and 5th graders), scores in the 99th percentile in everything, made chamber orchestra in the 9th grade, oh I could go on and on. She and her brother are the joy of my life!! Yes, I'm a proud Mom!!
catherine

Middletown, NY

#29 Sep 15, 2010
Jolie!
How impressive and you can be sure your dad is smiling down at you proudly!
Your hard work will be rewarded; you can pick and choose exactly what course to chart in your life..best of luck and happiness! XO
Joe

Westminster, CO

#30 Sep 15, 2010
flash wrote:
Not to diminish this girl's accomplishment, but nearly every year BTW has at least one perfect score, sometimes more. No one ever says a word about it. Why is that?
[Raises hand]

I think that, in my case, my family wasn't falling all over themselves to call the news stations every time I aced a test. I had already blown away the PSAT and the military's ASVAB (at the time, they required all of us to take it), and, in my opinion, the ACT was easier. So it wasn't a huge deal. It later took me two tries to nail the SAT, though.

At any rate, I'm very happy for this young girl and wish her the best.
TheHaze

Broken Arrow, OK

#31 Sep 15, 2010
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
[Raises hand]
I think that, in my case, my family wasn't falling all over themselves to call the news stations every time I aced a test. I had already blown away the PSAT and the military's ASVAB (at the time, they required all of us to take it), and, in my opinion, the ACT was easier. So it wasn't a huge deal. It later took me two tries to nail the SAT, though.
At any rate, I'm very happy for this young girl and wish her the best.
The PSAT wasn't the only thing you blow....Semper Fudge!
Dan

Boulder, CO

#32 Sep 15, 2010
Not to diminish her accomplishments, but every year there are hundreds of students that get perfect scores on their ACT. In my graduating class alone there were over 5. One student even had a perfect score on his ACT and SAT tests.

As far as Math & Science is concerned it is actually an advantage to take the test in your sophomore/freshmen year. The ACT is a test designed for everyone and typically tests basic subjects like Algebra, Geometry and little bit of trigonometry. The most advanced students have been taking two years of Calculus their Junior and Senior years so the basics tested on the ACT are not as fresh in their mind.

That being said this girl has a bright future. I recommend engineering. Surprisingly enough there is a very strong correlation between engineers and musicians. It is a little secret that not many people know about. The same type of brains that are needed to be a good engineer also makes great musicians.
TheHaze

Broken Arrow, OK

#33 Sep 15, 2010
Dan wrote:
Not to diminish her accomplishments, but every year there are hundreds of students that get perfect scores on their ACT. In my graduating class alone there were over 5. One student even had a perfect score on his ACT and SAT tests.
As far as Math & Science is concerned it is actually an advantage to take the test in your sophomore/freshmen year. The ACT is a test designed for everyone and typically tests basic subjects like Algebra, Geometry and little bit of trigonometry. The most advanced students have been taking two years of Calculus their Junior and Senior years so the basics tested on the ACT are not as fresh in their mind.
That being said this girl has a bright future. I recommend engineering. Surprisingly enough there is a very strong correlation between engineers and musicians. It is a little secret that not many people know about. The same type of brains that are needed to be a good engineer also makes great musicians.
Hey home school, quit trying to outshine this girl and get me my fries!
BATMAN

Jenks, OK

#34 Sep 25, 2013
She's the hero Jenks deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Latest C9020-567 study materials 6 hr C9020-567 exam 1
Updated IBM C9020-568 exam cram pdf 6 hr C9020-568 exam 1
Update Huawei certification H31-311-ENU dumps book 6 hr huaweiexams 1
News THS seniors show off community projects 15 hr Short sight 14
Bob: Were Boys Forced to Attend School Swim Les... (Sep '12) 20 hr Doug 2,320
News Pittsfield Super Tracking Impacts of... Sun Cops are degenerates 1
HS nude swimming (Feb '14) Sun Why Not Check 170
More from around the web