Free STEM based educational content

Posted in the Education Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Living on Mars 2013

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Apr 30, 2013
Hello, my name is Joshua and I am currently an education undergrad student who competed two weeks ago in NASA's space apps challenge. Locally in Winnipeg Manitoba our project took home first place and now we enter the international portion of the challenge. What we created is a Moodle based website with free to use open source content for educators. The competition was over the course of a weekend, within those 30 hours we developed a 4-5 week block of lessons, activities projects and teacher resources for educators to use in their classrooms. The challenge we solved in the competition was bringing awareness to living "off the grid". All of our content for the competition culminates in a final project where students develop a conceptual colony on Mars. The idea behind the project is colonizing Mars doesn't get more off the grid that. Once students develop their ideas and thoughts a reflection should be done on how their ideas can be applied back on Earth.

Ultimately our hope is teachers will use all or parts of our resources and then share what their students created. We would like to create a database which would be open to everyone to view where teachers and industry would be able to see the creations and get inspiration. One of the highlighted project ideas we have for educators is the solar power activity where we have included how students would be able to make their own solar cell safety in the classroom over the course of two days. We have included links on where to obtain all the materials and a full description on how they can run this activity. Conventional solar cells are very dangerous to build as they involve chemicals such as arsenic our method is relatively new and has an emphasis on organic materials.

Below is a lot more information on the challenge we are competing in, our website and all of our contact information. We are hoping to share our content with as many educators as possible.

Thank you for your time!

Joshua Pruden

Links:

Website: http://stem.umsats.ca
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Livingonmars13
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-on-Mars...

Challenge website: spaceappschallenge.org
Our challenge: http://spaceappschallenge.org/challenge/off-t...

Media:
http://www.umsats.ca/space-apps-2013-recap/

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video...

http://www.umsats.ca/spaceapps-living-on-mars...

feel free to e-mail me at livingonmars2013@gmail.com

Also to view all our content, you can sign in as a guest, no registration required!!!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Apr 30, 2013
Actually there are already people living on Mars, like the troll here Maltoman, who is out of touch of reality, so he must be posting from Mars.
MaltaMon

Oaklyn, NJ

#3 Apr 30, 2013
Zuiko wrote:
Actually there are already people living on Mars, like the troll here Maltoman, who is out of touch of reality, so he must be posting from Mars.
Like Bob, you disgusting angry paedophile, you feel that it's perfectly fine for you to hijack the threads of others to spew your queen's venom.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4 Apr 30, 2013
MaltaMon wrote:
<quoted text> Like Bob, you disgusting angry paedophile, you feel that it's perfectly fine for you to hijack the threads of others to spew your queen's venom.
I told you that you are living on Mars, and this post confirms it.
And no, I am not hijacking this thread, in fact I am giving it more importance and meaning. So go back to your cave, troll. Only people like you could be living on Mars, so I hope you apply if you are not already there, and good riddance.
MaltaMon

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Apr 30, 2013
Your presence can only make a good thing rotten. You must STOP sexually abusing young boys, Zuiko. Legally, at least here in the US, that is what the law considers trafficking in child pornography as you do. We've nailed you for posting links to child pornography, both as Zuiko in January and as your alias, D-J-W, in December--hundreds upon hundreds of disgusting, heartbreaking and ultimately criminal photos of naked pubescent boys and hundreds more of even younger, pre-pubescent lads in nothing more than skimpy underwear briefs and posed erotically for your sick photographer friend. Both of you should be on prison over in the UK. And off Topix for good. It's difficult to work the criminal charges in the UK from here, but we're trying. Now you and your sordid paedophile ilk--which includes your little human echo chamber, the 66y/o coyote--need to go. Beat it, you sick bastard.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#8 May 2, 2013
...bla bla bla...and you can prove nothing of what you say, just your usual hallucinations and BS.
Phili

UK

#9 May 2, 2013
Zuiko wrote:
...bla bla bla...and you can prove nothing of what you say, just your usual hallucinations and BS.
Zuiko, if you are not DJW try unhiding your location to show you are not in the same area, assuming that is the case.
MaltaMon

Emmaus, PA

#10 May 2, 2013
Phili wrote:
<quoted text>
Zuiko, if you are not DJW try unhiding your location to show you are not in the same area, assuming that is the case.
It's the one bit of evidence that he will never disclose. It is the last over which he maintains control, the one that would easily prove that I'm wrong... If I WERE wrong, that is... But I'm not wrong, of course, which is why he won't ever reveal his location.
MaltaMon

Merchantville, NJ

#11 May 3, 2013
Notice, however, that DJW has vanished. Of course, now that I've drawn attention to his absence, Zuiko will bring him back for a comment or two--just as he did with FortySomething.
MaltaMon

Merchantville, NJ

#12 May 3, 2013
MaltaMon wrote:
Notice, however, that DJW has vanished. Of course, now that I've drawn attention to his absence, Zuiko will bring him back for a comment or two--just as he did with FortySomething.
And, as predicted, he has done so, and right on cue.
Bob

Dorval, Canada

#13 May 4, 2013
MaltaMon wrote:
<quoted text> It's the one bit of evidence that he will never disclose. It is the last over which he maintains control, the one that would easily prove that I'm wrong... If I WERE wrong, that is... But I'm not wrong, of course, which is why he won't ever reveal his location.
And my full name and address is the one bit of evidence that MaltaMon will never disclose. It is the last over which he maintains control, the one that would easily prove his allegations about me...if they WERE true, that is... But they'r not true, of course, which is why he won't ever be able to reveal my identity: because he doesn't know my identity, because I never raped his son, or anyone else for that matter.
What a moron.
MaltaMon

Merchantville, NJ

#14 May 4, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
And my full name and address is the one bit of evidence that MaltaMon will never disclose. It is the last over which he maintains control, the one that would easily prove his allegations about me...if they WERE true, that is... But they'r not true, of course, which is why he won't ever be able to reveal my identity: because he doesn't know my identity, because I never raped his son, or anyone else for that matter.
What a moron.
That's right. I'd lose my,access to your rantings and would hand you a weapon to use against my son in court.
Bob

Dorval, Canada

#16 May 5, 2013
The only weapon I could use on your "son" in court is a pin to deflate your blow-up sex doll.
Hahahahaha!
Moron.
MaltaMon

Merchantville, NJ

#17 May 5, 2013
Why didn't you try it when, as you have admitted many times on these threads, you were raping and later stalking my "imaginary" son? How will you explain to a jury your many such postings, Pedo Bob?
coyote

Dartmouth, Canada

#18 May 5, 2013
Wow: Molly really messed up this person's topic !
MaltaMon

Merchantville, NJ

#19 May 5, 2013
coyote wrote:
Wow: Molly really messed up this person's topic !
As always,,the CoyFag registers a poignant non-sequitor.
Bob

Dorval, Canada

#20 May 5, 2013
MaltaMon wrote:
Why didn't you try it when, as you have admitted many times on these threads, you were raping and later stalking my "imaginary" son? How will you explain to a jury your many such postings, Pedo Bob?
I admit to ripping your inflatable son, nothing more. Buy a puncture repair kit and shut up.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#21 May 5, 2013
Molly, can you tell us in what circumstances your son was raped by Bob? Was it while he was swimming nude at school, or what?
Bob

Dorval, Canada

#22 May 5, 2013
Molly was at the local YMCA in Montreal. He had heard reports that there used to be nude swimming, and wanted to check it out. He was swimming, using his inflatable sex-toy "son" for a float, when I streamed by.(MaltaMon can only do the lap-dog-paddle) The metal clip on my skindiver watch clipped the inflatable doll, ripping it open.
The lifeguard threw MaltaMon out, because you're not supposed to have toys in the pool outside of kiddie time.
Later, I was having a brew on a terrasse on St Denis, hoping that coyote and Katie might drop by, when MaltaMon and a couple of other losers came by and started hassling me. He kept whining something about me having ripped his son. I didn't want to leave my beer, so I had the bouncer throw the d-bags out on the street.
MaltaMon

Merchantville, NJ

#23 May 5, 2013
Bob wrote:
Molly was at the local YMCA in Montreal. He had heard reports that there used to be nude swimming, and wanted to check it out. He was swimming, using his inflatable sex-toy "son" for a float, when I streamed by.(MaltaMon can only do the lap-dog-paddle) The metal clip on my skindiver watch clipped the inflatable doll, ripping it open.
The lifeguard threw MaltaMon out, because you're not supposed to have toys in the pool outside of kiddie time.
Later, I was having a brew on a terrasse on St Denis, hoping that coyote and Katie might drop by, when MaltaMon and a couple of other losers came by and started hassling me. He kept whining something about me having ripped his son. I didn't want to leave my beer, so I had the bouncer throw the d-bags out on the street.
Never been to the YMCA in Montreal. So sorry. Nice try, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can tnmtndude perform (Dec '11) 4 hr Maltamon 39
News St. Paul schools struggle to meet lofty goals 4 hr Maltamon 16
Did You Swim Nude In High School? (Dec '12) 4 hr Maltamon 1,384
nudity in co-ed contexts (May '14) 5 hr bob 23
Survey for Students or Parents who have used tu... 10 hr bob 65
Cisco PANGNFE 650-756 practice exam & 650-756 q... 12 hr Bbob 7
Outlaw men teachers! (Jul '14) Sun Bob 9
More from around the web