Dog with no family lawyers up to resi...

Dog with no family lawyers up to resist adoption; town divided

There are 24 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Jun 6, 2012, titled Dog with no family lawyers up to resist adoption; town divided. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

Dog in New Mexico has a bank account, a Facebook page and a lawyer. Blue, a free-roaming Australian cattle dog has lived in front of a general store for two years without incident and without family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Jun 6, 2012
You know for certain that a story has finally broken in the print media, if it ends up being featured in the internationally respected Christian Science Monitor.

Look for a feature on Blue in the New York Times next. LOL!

Since: Aug 11

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 7, 2012
"Internationally respected Christian Science Monitor?" That's like calling Reuters News Service trustworthy. Sounds like kennel boy has been chewing on the same dog turds he picks up for his job. The term "respected newspaper" is an outdated oxymoron these days, for those who've been sleeping under rocks (or cleaning kennels and emptying litterboxes in Arizona). Any writer or reporter worth a whit has already bailed-out and grabbed the lump sum they were offered. The only ones remaining sit around the newsroom and do nothing but churn out poorly written and typo-laden blogs all day.
whats dat

Moultrie, GA

#3 Jun 7, 2012
I'll call it the way I see it. Dog has no "owner" that steps up, dog is classed as a stray, stays are not allowed in civilized towns. Strays should be removed and if not claimed by somebody then put down. Now why hasn't Sierra County animal control picked up this stray dog? That's the question. Oh somebody is claiming it?..Now who might be holding the signator on the dogs fat bank account..A real judge might consider that the owner.

The real cost will be the endless stream of people who fight a summons for being off leash..to the point where the law intended to protect people now becomes a toothless paper tiger.

Lets say for a moment now that we were talking about an abandoned donkey..or perhaps an elephant.

Oh wait..those are the folks who "run" the city of elephant butte.

Do a little digging and some very interesting facts come up about relationships inside the present "government"..who have done nothing but make the city of elephant butte the butt of quite a few bad jokes.

But then again..any publicity is good publicity...right?

I'll be back when the class action lawsuit is filed against the city of elephant butte and sierra county. Discriminating against owners of dogs who are forced to be on what some say is the wrong end of the leash. Lots of drunken visitors tot he butte need to be on a leash..anybody notice the county jail is on overflow after memorial day?

I doubt the majority of Elephant Butte residents own dogs..why does this class of people get watering stations and free bags for poop disposal?..not to mention the city picking up the tab to dispose of dog waste.

My trash bill is doubling in a few months..I'd like to see the fee for a dog license in EB go up enough to support the costs of the infrastructure the city put in to support dogs while the rest of us are dealing with a landfill shortage.
Viper

Muskego, WI

#4 Jun 7, 2012
What do you get when you cross a whats dat with an actually and a brilliant?
Ans: the same idiot

shut up bubblebutt
Brilliant

Espanola, NM

#5 Jun 7, 2012
We are everywhere...

We can see your lips move when you read.

Better move farther away, armchair shrinkologist

Shadow say "boo"
Actually

Espanola, NM

#6 Jun 7, 2012
Movie stars will soon come to get their photos taken while Blue "occupies" Elephant Butte.

The first dog with Civil Rights. This will put Blue on the cover of Time Magazine.

Millions of lazy people are giving theirs up by failing to participate in their government. So why shouldn't the dogs get our thrown-away rights like Blue got 4 plates of Thanksgiving dinner?
Viper

Muskego, WI

#7 Jun 8, 2012
Actually wrote:
Millions of lazy people are giving theirs up by failing to participate in their government. So why shouldn't the dogs get our thrown-away rights like Blue got 4 plates of Thanksgiving dinner?
yeah, why not bubblebutt? shut up, quit barking, lay down, stay, when you obey those 4 commands, you'll be a good dog, until then, you're just a pseudo mongrel.
Viper

Muskego, WI

#8 Jun 8, 2012
Savage Heathen wrote:
"Internationally respected Christian Science Monitor?" That's like calling Reuters News Service trustworthy. Sounds like kennel boy has been chewing on the same dog turds he picks up for his job. The term "respected newspaper" is an outdated oxymoron these days, for those who've been sleeping under rocks (or cleaning kennels and emptying litterboxes in Arizona). Any writer or reporter worth a whit has already bailed-out and grabbed the lump sum they were offered. The only ones remaining sit around the newsroom and do nothing but churn out poorly written and typo-laden blogs all day.
you shouldn't even be discussing dogs and newspapers here, if you go to their youtube site, it looks like they're operating a puppy mill somewhere.
whats dat

Moultrie, GA

#9 Jun 8, 2012
Viper wrote:
What do you get when you cross a whats dat with an actually and a brilliant?
Ans: the same idiot
shut up bubblebutt
I'll politely suggest you myob..as you have NO idea who I am, but I surely know who you are.

I think deb has more interesting points to make then you ever will btw.

hows DAT?

Location hidden

#10 Jun 8, 2012
Savage Heathen wrote:
There are now more than 25 pages of online links provided by Google in response to the query: "Blue dog Elephant Butte,NM."

Guess that those online "whits" are really interested in this story. I can't wait to see what they write on June 14, 2012.
Viper

Muskego, WI

#11 Jun 8, 2012
whats dat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll politely suggest you myob..as you have NO idea who I am, but I surely know who you are.
hows DAT?
ACTUALLY. you sound like deb or ahhhh in the flesh. hi deb or ahhhhhh, it's all about money honey $$$$$$$$$$
Brilliant

Espanola, NM

#12 Jun 8, 2012
You still seeing boogeymen, RV-er?

Now to get back to Blue. People figured out a solution on another chat site, since the RViper is junking up this one.

A Nevada city adopted some wild donkeys to protect them. The same could be done with Blue.

Does the City adopting Blue set well with everyone? The ordinance/resolution will need lots of support from the public, because taxpayer dollars will go to support Blue.

United States

#13 Jun 8, 2012
durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>
There are now more than 25 pages of online links provided by Google in response to the query: "Blue dog Elephant Butte,NM."
Guess that those online "whits" are really interested in this story. I can't wait to see what they write on June 14, 2012.
Can't recall more foolish reasoning--even from the likes of Kennel Boy. Since when does the number of Google queries really mean anything, much less about the significance of a story or individual? Example: Try Googling Kardashian. Another non sequitur based on an absurd premise. Your litterboxes await.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 8, 2012
durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>"more than 25 pages of online links in response to "Blue dog Elephant Butte,NM."
= "online interest in this story"
Your standard for establishing a non sequitur fails to meet the criteria set by the original definition. LMAO!!!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/non...

Chicago, IL

#15 Jun 8, 2012
durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>
Your standard for establishing a non sequitur fails to meet the criteria set by the original definition. LMAO!!!
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/non...
In Latin, stupid, it means "does not follow." That's a direct definition. Sorry. Besides, definitions are not upheld by "criteria," anyway. Face it, you can't win dog-poop boy, no matter how many times you try to get in the last word. You're bested, again.
Getsmart

Gadsden, AL

#16 Jun 8, 2012
whats dat wrote:
<quoted text>
hows DAT?
Please do tell...

Location hidden

#17 Jun 8, 2012
Savage Heathen wrote:
<quoted text>
In Latin, stupid, it means "does not follow." That's a direct definition. Sorry. Besides, definitions are not upheld by "criteria," anyway. Face it, you can't win dog-poop boy, no matter how many times you try to get in the last word. You're bested, again.
Ut est non rectus. Reddo quoque comprehendo vox editio.

Utor es dies!
Viper

Muskego, WI

#18 Jun 9, 2012
durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>
Utor es dies!
which is it? drunk or stoned last night.

Chicago, IL

#19 Jun 9, 2012
durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>
Utor es dies!
Vaya con dios to you, too, beagle boy.

Chicago, IL

#20 Jun 9, 2012
durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>
Utor es dies!
And a hearty vaya con dios to you too, beagle boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Policy Expert: Obama's Education Agenda Undermi... 25 min Donald Trump 1
News Mt. Pleasant 7th-grader honored by talent ident... 27 min Cali Pater 1
News Let's dig deep for public schools 28 min Cali Pater 1
boys boxing checks (Jun '12) 37 min Cali Pater 78
Punishment (Nov '14) 43 min Singapore Sling Phil 58
Barefoot PE (Mar '14) 47 min Bishop MichaelN 125
PE lessons (Feb '13) 50 min Bishop MichaelN 58
More from around the web