Islamic bias in Brevard textbook

Jul 23, 2013 Full story: Florida Today 11

Two Brevard School Board members are reviewing a world history textbook used in ninth grade Advance Placement classes amid concerns that it is biased in favor of Islam -- at the expense of Christianity and Judaism ...

Full Story

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jul 24, 2013
from Florida Today:

"The textbook, which has been used in Brevard for the past three years, devotes a chapter to Islam, with sections including the rise of Islam and the building of the Muslim empire. Conversely, Christianity and Judaism do not have their own chapters and instead are referenced in paragraphs embedded in other sections.

"Workman also expressed concern about how historic events are portrayed and what phrases are used. For example, he said the textbook reads Jesus proclaims himself to be the Messiah but declares Muhammad becomes a prophet."
Marie-Luise

Wiesbaden, Germany

#2 Jul 24, 2013
The typical attitude of CAIR.

>>>Wilfredo Ruiz, an attorney for Florida Council on American-Islamic Relations, believes the groups have an agenda in challenging textbooks that present Islam in an objective way.

“They just want to create an environment of intolerance toward Muslims and an environment of hate against Islam,” he said.<<<

Thank heaven for the retired Colonel or else the text books would not be corrected.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 Jul 27, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from Florida Today:
"The textbook, which has been used in Brevard for the past three years, devotes a chapter to Islam, with sections including the rise of Islam and the building of the Muslim empire. Conversely, Christianity and Judaism do not have their own chapters and instead are referenced in paragraphs embedded in other sections.
"Workman also expressed concern about how historic events are portrayed and what phrases are used. For example, he said the textbook reads Jesus proclaims himself to be the Messiah but declares Muhammad becomes a prophet."
The idea of frauds is to change histiry to suit their agenda.

The idea is if you can change the true history to suit your own agenda you gain power over truth.

Muhammad is the father of that philosophy.
Muhammad used lies and rewrote the history of Jesus Christ for personal power in founding his religion of Islam.
U cant fix stupid

United States

#6 Jul 28, 2013
only the truth matters wrote:
Jeb Bush the truth about his bold education reform movements!
http://www.truthabouteducation.org/jeb-bush.h...
The Bush family education movement spearheaded by Jeb has also got brother Neal now involved with financing coming from the entire family dynasty.

Their NAZI GOALS are to push the COMMON CORE which is preparing American youth for the NEW WORLD ORDER.

With Obama in place they don't even hide their goals anymore.

They know if the American poeple were stupid enough to elect Obama twice they don't have sense enough to see the Nazi-Communist takeover of the USA coming to play. You can't fix stupid and these Nazi Bush's damn well know that!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#7 Jul 28, 2013
only the truth matters wrote:
Jeb Bush ...
... has nothing to do with islam, this forum or even this thread.

do your homework

United States

#9 Jul 28, 2013
Maybe State Rep Mitch Workman and the good people of Brevard county need a little history lesson on these Bush Whackers Jeb, neal and the entire family ddynasty that has hijacked our children's educations. Along with Pearson Publishing and others they control the FCAT testing as well. The state DOE bigwigs are on the Jeb Bush payroll as well. BLOG #4 TRUTH ABOUT EDUCATION will outline all the connections and the lawmakers {BREAKERS) who own controling interests in charter schools and such. These people are organized to destroy this country and this part proves they are taking conntrol of our most precious assets OUR CHILDREN.

http://tarpley.net/online-books/george-bush-t...

The Franklin Scandal shows you their involvement with the pedophile farms and ranches some of which are located right here in Florida and run by their FDOC vendors and their friends to house and provide children (mostly boys) to their sick politician friends.

Franklin cover Up conspiracy of Silence
http://www.franklincase.org/index.php...
co neck shuns

United States

#10 Jul 28, 2013
here is some more going way back on the criminal bushes.Back in the day these organized crimnals contrlled all the media and still do the lame stream so they were use to spreading their lies they way they wanted them told. They don't like the American people having the right to share the truth with each other.

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0111-01.h...

Also, funny how old GHW Bush forgets to mention their odldays on Jupiter island with the other criminlas of the day

http://www.kycbs.net/Jupiter-Island.htm
totem pole

United States

#12 Jul 29, 2013
Marie-Luise wrote:
The typical attitude of CAIR.
>>>Wilfredo Ruiz, an attorney for Florida Council on American-Islamic Relations, believes the groups have an agenda in challenging textbooks that present Islam in an objective way.
“They just want to create an environment of intolerance toward Muslims and an environment of hate against Islam,” he said.<<<
Thank heaven for the retired Colonel or else the text books would not be corrected.
The textbooks will bever BE CORRECTED until the people correct the Bush Crime Family who is in bed with Pearson Publising and other major educatonal efforts to promote their NEW WORLD ORDER!
Com of Ed Culled from IN

United States

#13 Jul 31, 2013
Every department head hired by Governor Rick Scott has had problems. Scott tapped Edwin Buss, who had been “head of the Indiana prisons system”, to run FDOC in December 2010, asking for his resignation in August 2010; his own Lt. Governor caught in a sexual encounter with an aid in the office, which Scott covered up for her. Ultimately she fell due to her involvement in the internet café schemes targeting our veterans. Most have been gone in just a matter of months.
Now “they” have gone and drug up another “cull from Indiana.” Why can’t we the people of Florida have the very best in personnel for every job we offer? Why do we have to hire people that have been culled and/ or run out of other locations? Because our “leaders” want controllable people, that’s why!
The Florida Board of Education chose Tony Bennett for Florida education commissioner in December.“He had just been voted out of office in Indiana after one term.”
Now we learn why he was run out of Indiana!
Tony Bennett - Florida's education commissioner is under fire after reporters with The Associated Press dug up some email messages sent by Bennett when he was in charge of public schools in Indiana.

Those messages appear to show Bennett changed the grading system to help a political donor.

The emails written by Bennett show when he was Indiana schools chief, his team was frantically overhauling the school grading system because a charter school owned by an influential donor was about to get a bad grade.

In an email Bennett wrote, "Anything less than an A for Christel House compromises all of our accountability work."

The grading director explained the school scored a C, the result of "terrible" 10th-grade algebra results.

Bennett responded, "I am more than a little miffed about this, I hope we come to the meeting today with solutions and not excuses or explanations for me to wiggle myself out of the repeated lies I have told over the past six months."

He later suggested, "We can revise the rule." In the end, Christel House got an A.

On Tuesday July 30, 2013, Bennett held a conference call from Tallahassee, saying, "It is absurd that anyone would believe I would change a grade of a school based on a political donor."

Really Mr. Bennett? It is absurd that the people of Florida would allow an out of state “cull” like you to head the Florida's education system. But par for the course Governor Scott is going to “make it go away.” The “checks in the mail” so to speak. Scott announced today not only will every teacher in Florida be getting a raise but, they’ll get a credit card as well to make “school supplies” purchases for their classrooms! Trying to buy votes after attacking their retirement contributions when he was first elected!
Most of Florida’s teachers are the most honorable people among our society. But, when Florida's education commissioner not only hope’s (but reduces those hope’s to writing in an email) when he said ”we come to the meeting today with solutions and not excuses or explanations for me “to wiggle myself out of the repeated lies I have told over the past six months"
Don’t you think the unsupervised use of thousands of “tax free” credit cards in the hands of anyone might be cause for concern of the taxpayers who are struggling just to get up the clothes and personal supplies necessary to get their children ready for the upcoming school year?
All they while the politicians like Rick Scott and Tony Bennett - Florida's education commissioner are pandering to the likes of Jeb Bush and his private education take over missions labeled with all kinds of different names but ultimately designed to effect a political agenda to force students into private schools.”
Dont Judge Meh

Melbourne, FL

#14 Dec 5, 2013
I think that let's not be so biased here. give a chapter to every religion or none at all. let people decide for themselves what they want to believe. to persuade CHILDREN to think a certain thing in favor of islam is nutso!!!! and to the people who said that they treid to change history, I totally agree with you. im jewish, and I believe in jesus. so what? let us believe what we want. don't try to persuade people. if your religion is really that great, then people will figure it out.
gda

Miami, FL

#15 Dec 10, 2013
Dont Judge Meh wrote:
I think that let's not be so biased here. give a chapter to every religion or none at all. let people decide for themselves what they want to believe. to persuade CHILDREN to think a certain thing in favor of islam is nutso!!!! and to the people who said that they treid to change history, I totally agree with you. im jewish, and I believe in jesus. so what? let us believe what we want. don't try to persuade people. if your religion is really that great, then people will figure it out.
Well said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Exam 300-135 braindumps 6 hr Wendytest 1
Informatica certification PR000041 the latest e... 6 hr Wendytest 1
Best IBM M2050-243 exam questions and answers 6 hr Wendytest 1
IBM certification C2090-548 best exam questions... 6 hr Wendytest 1
Latest IBM C2090-549 of exam practice questions... 6 hr Wendytest 1
HP HP2-N49 training and testing 6 hr Wendytest 1
The Best Symantec 250-254 Exam Training materials 7 hr Wendytest 1
More from around the web