School vouchers constitutional

Full story: GoErie.com 9
It is obvious that letter writer Richard A. Haire does not have a clear understanding of the educational voucher concept . Full Story
Jimmy

Gaithersburg, MD

#1 Jun 15, 2008
Amen Mr. Blakeslee...the public schools are destroying our children. The students coming out the public schools today are educated to a point of maintaining only a minimum standard of living in today's world. I honestly feel the substandard education in this country is by design so these uneducated kids will move on into adulthood with a dependency on government entitlements to exist. This scheme also guarantees the liberal democratic party manipulators, i.e. Barack Obama, votes by the undereducated class. This is the only reason why there is so much democratic party resistance, not to mention union resistance to the school voucher system.
tombo

Erie, PA

#3 Jun 15, 2008
That's patently untrue. Parents and taxpayers do have control over content and discipline within the public school system. Ever hear of the elected school board?

Vouchers and free choice have gained support - mostly from people who already send their children to private schools. It means they don't want to pay for it. It has nothing to do with accountability for public money. Do you actually think that taxes will be lower and government will be more accountable if we have to pay for public and private schooling? Not too bright.
The Thinker

North Ridgeville, OH

#4 Jun 15, 2008
tombo wrote:
That's patently untrue. Parents and taxpayers do have control over content and discipline within the public school system. Ever hear of the elected school board?
Vouchers and free choice have gained support - mostly from people who already send their children to private schools. It means they don't want to pay for it. It has nothing to do with accountability for public money. Do you actually think that taxes will be lower and government will be more accountable if we have to pay for public and private schooling? Not too bright.
Your money would not be going to support any private school. Only the taxes paid by the parents of the child going to private school would be available for the voucher.
In other words, if you paid $2000 in school taxes, and your child went to a private school instead of a government school, you would have up to $2000 available in the form of a voucher.
Any voucher system that would give more than taxes paid would be going against the meaning of the Constitution, specifically, state support of a religion.
Bob

AOL

#6 Jun 15, 2008
Racism keeps the private schools going.
Bob

Dorval, Canada

#8 Nov 30, 2013
Here's another Bob. I seem to really get around. How does MaltaMon know which Bob is which?
MaltaMon

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Dec 1, 2013
Bob wrote:
Here's another Bob. I seem to really get around. How does MaltaMon know which Bob is which?
My goodness! So many "Bobs", and so little time.
Tergon

Katowice, Poland

#10 Dec 9, 2013
mykindergarten.co.uk - You shold defnitely read about it. It should help you;).
Taritar

Bielsko-biala, Poland

#11 Dec 23, 2013
Thanks for the link to this site. It provides me with a lot of crucial information about CMS etc.
Tergon

Strzelce Opolskie, Poland

#12 Jan 19, 2014
I am very happy that this link helped you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Punishment 11 hr LineDazzle 13
Amity High School To Present Play About Survivo... Fri Frank 13
Christmas Re-Branded Fri Phil 19
HIgh School homework woes (Aug '13) Thu Vanesa Strom 247
Avaya certification 3203 exam training materials Dec 17 vcp550dexams 1
Diversity Perversity (Apr '11) Dec 17 Dayton Taxpayer 6
More from around the web