Home school no longer just for the de...

Home school no longer just for the deeply religious, enters mainstream

There are 22 comments on the The Daily Breeze story from Sep 27, 2013, titled Home school no longer just for the deeply religious, enters mainstream. In it, The Daily Breeze reports that:

Williams' mother always knew she would homeschool her children since she herself found traditional school stifling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Blame Vaccines

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Sep 28, 2013
She probably hasn't vaccinated for fear of serious side effects
sujeet raj

Bhopal, India

#2 Oct 2, 2013
yes i think they should take help of home tut ion. that will benifitable for him.
Anonymous

Miami, FL

#4 May 12, 2015
yes, i also agree with the william's mother and home schooling is the best option to be chosen to complete their education being safe in the parent's hands.
Phil

Toronto, Canada

#5 May 19, 2015
And hone schooling is not for those who wish their son to swim nude with other boys, shower with other boys, or benefit from bare bottomspankings Iin front of the girls' home ec class, either.
QUITTNER May 19 2015

Toronto, Canada

#6 May 19, 2015
RE: Home school no longer just for the deeply religious, enters mainstream
..... Does home schooling affect the getting of jobs in the future? Will employers think that homeschoolers lack a lot of needed knowledge? Are parents able to teach what they themselves do not know? How does home schooling affect the health of anyone concerned?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#7 May 19, 2015
QUITTNER May 19 2015 wrote:
..... Does home schooling affect the getting of jobs in the future? Will employers think that homeschoolers lack a lot of needed knowledge? Are parents able to teach what they themselves do not know? How does home schooling affect the health of anyone concerned?
QUITTNER May 19 2015.

So are we to take it that you believe Government school operatives have enough "knowledge" to teach trusting little children? If you truly believe that, how do we explain to the little folks the recurring never ending and often contradictory "truth" that "the latest study" is used to promote? Have you ever considered the possibility that rich $$$ Big School $$$ operatives are running a high priced taxpayer funded scam that is detrimental to the minds and to the well-being of our children?

Ronald
QUITTNER May 19 2015

Toronto, Canada

#8 May 19, 2015
Ronald wrote:
... Have you ever considered the possibility that rich $$$ Big School $$$ operatives are running a high priced taxpayer funded scam
.....No, I never considered such a thing. That must be something that happens only, or mostly, in your own community. Too bad! Get it changed!
Anonymous

Mumbai, India

#9 May 19, 2015
@QUITTNER: No it don't think that home school affects in getting job in future because many students who are successful in their career are home schooled before. But one thing should be considered in home schooling i.e., any school can give a degree but the valid degree which is being acceptable for the further studies and also the education can be given by only the schools which have good number of accreditation's.
Parents cannot teach what they don't know but home schooling is not that kind of thing that the parent only teaches the lessons, there are teachers of the school connected with the students, they will teach, and parents should be their for child supervision, to look whether he is studying, concentrating or not.
Home schooling doesn't effect the health of anyone but if our child stays at home i don't think parent let him do that affects his health.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#11 May 19, 2015
QUITTNER May 19 2015 wrote:
<quoted text>
.....No, I never considered such a thing. That must be something that happens only, or mostly, in your own community. Too bad! Get it changed!
QUITTNER May 19 2015.

In occupied California that is more easily said than done. During the 60s 70s era revolution, the revolutionary element (now in power) seized control of the State's taxpayer funded institutions of higher learning. From there, they corrupted the minds of the children with their revolutionary theology. From there, the children spread out to occupy the various leadership positions that held a formerly free people together.

It was always the dream of the revolutionaries and their rich Government "professors" that the taxpaying minority would be forced by LAW! to support those no-goods in taxpayer funded Government universities their entire lives while at the same time supplying them with free "medicinal" pot and other mind rotting drugs - including dangerous occupied Government approved "legal" drugs.

Above all else, the revolutionary ruling class is resistant to change. If you have any good suggestions as to how change can be effected in the face of overwhelming resistance, oppressed Californians would welcome you putting them forth.

Ronald
QUITTNER May 20 2015

Toronto, Canada

#12 May 20, 2015
Ronald wrote:
... In occupied California that is more easily said than done. During the 60s 70s era revolution, the revolutionary element (now in power) seized control of the State's taxpayer funded institutions of higher learning....
..... Probably the best way to unoccupy any state is to vote for only the best of all available candidates. Good Luck!
Anonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#13 May 26, 2015
yes, i agree with you.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#14 May 27, 2015
Ashley987654 wrote:
yes, i agree with you.
Ashley987654.

In that case, you have lain the foundation on which we may build an understanding.

Ronald
Doing Jolly Well

Girona, Spain

#15 May 27, 2015
Phil wrote:
And hone schooling is not for those who wish their son to swim nude with other boys, shower with other boys, or benefit from bare bottomspankings Iin front of the girls' home ec class, either.
Yesterday, HSLDA released an urgent update email calling on American homeschoolers to contact the German embassy in Washington, D.C. on behalf of forty families in Germany being prosecuted for homeschooling.
For American homeschoolers, the suggestion that ‘homeschooling is something that ought to be prosecuted’ are fightin’ words. Do NOT tell us that, as parents, we don’t have the natural liberty to raise our children ourselves. Telling homeschoolers that schools are necessary partners in the education of the next generation is like making yo mama remarks (and meaning them), saying apple pie is unhealthy, and disrespecting the flag, all in consecutive breaths. And, because we, as free Americans whose torch of liberty shines in the world, have this right, everyone around the world should have rights just like ours! Freedom, after all, is on the march! Laws need to be changed, and all the more so in a country still following HITLER’s laws! This is an outrage!!
Well, maybe.
To put the situation into an international context, imagine a German FKK group mounting an nationwide campaign to have the American states stop prosecuting some sex offenders. FKK stands for Freie Koerper Kultur — Free Body Culture — or, in the U.S., nudists. There is even a youth group. And they sell t-shirts.
The FKK etho is in line with the overall tenor of Germans-as-nature-lovers, as described in the following article (read the entire article for full context).
Greenroofs.com , Alpharetta, Georgia, September 2005, German Ecology and a Regenerative Design Tour
Freie Koerper Kultur (free body culture) or public displays of nudity was popularized in Germany many years ago and is still enjoyed today, as can be seen in downtown Muenchen [Munich] along the Isar River and in the Englischer Garten. Instead of relying on harsh chemicals at swimming pools, Germany has started what are called “swimming ponds” that recreate the natural cleansing processes that take place in ponds in a larger size to allow safe and nontoxic swimming with frogs and fish.
Concerning environmental stances, I can tell you it was a shock to return to the U.S. and have to live with no bicycle lanes, no public woods to walk in, virtually no passenger trains (yes, I ride Amtrak, I know where they go), no suburban trains, virtually no community gardens, chemical lawn treatments, sprawling suburbs chock full of starter castles, minimal recycling, Styrofoam still in use, plastic wrapping up everything, and people idling the engines (of sometimes huge vehicles) in parking lots as if oil wells were bottomless and carbon dioxide drifted out of our atmosphere and floated harmlessly away into space.

Another difference between the United States and Germany is the reaction to public nudity. In the U.S. it is a crime. In Germany, it’s a fact of nature.
QUITTNER May 27 2015

Toronto, Canada

#16 May 27, 2015
Doing Jolly Well wrote:
... For American homeschoolers, the suggestion that ‘homeschooling is something that ought to be prosecuted’ are fightin’ words.... everyone around the world should have rights just like ours! Another difference between the United States and Germany is the reaction to public nudity. In the U.S. it is a crime. In Germany, it’s a fact of nature.... it was a shock to return to the U.S. and have to live with no bicycle lanes, no public woods to walk in, virtually no passenger trains
..... If you don't like what they do in other countries then don't go there! Don't try to make everybody be like you! Others, too, have their limited freedoms to do what they want to do!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#17 Jun 4, 2015
After our Christian Russian friends liberated the Crimea peninsula from Ukraine, Ukraine's "Liberal" rulers built a dam that blocked freshwater supplies to Crimea. That resulted in severe droughts throughout the Crimea peninsula. In response, our Russian friends sent army engineers from Nizhny Novgorod to construct a major water pipeline as a peaceful means of to circumventing the provocative actions of the "Liberals".

"Liberal" ruled California is also suffering drought conditions, while locations distant from the State are plagued with an overabundance of water. In response to the frought, the California political rulers turn to manipulative "democracy" to ensure favorable votes on ballot proposals that were engineered by Big wealthy construction corporations and the Big Union Bosses. One such ballot proposal is to pay scarce hard earned taxpayer money for Union Labor to construct a "make-work" unneeded railroad to nowhere.

Meanwhile, California Politicians want ordinary worker ("middle") class taxpayers to quit taking showers until they start smelling, and to refrain from flushing their toilets by the same token, or otherwise, face heavy Government imposed fines in accordance with LAW! In the eyes of "Government university trained" California ruling class politicians ("Liberals") the California drought is an insurmountable problem, dependent entirely upon inflicting further abuse upon the dwindling minority of State residents who pay taxes – taxes that are already the highest in the nation.

One way to solve the California drought problem might be to invite our Christian Russian friends to send Russian educated Army engineers into the State to construct a pipeline that could be used to convey water from where it is abundant to where it is needed. That might work. Rather than to insist upon equality of educational outcome by reducing students to the lowest common denominator, our Russian friends insist on quality of educational outcome.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/qdxfk8c

Ronald
Phil

Girona, Spain

#18 Jun 5, 2015
sujeet raj wrote:
yes i think they should take help of home tut ion. that will benifitable for him.
I grew up in a nudist family and my sibs and I were frequently home schooled. This wasn't totally because we were nudists, but sometimes because we were living in remote areas and didn't have a lot of options or high schools were too far of a drive. Except for a few times, it seemed like at least one of us was always in regular school. I went to regular school from 1-3 grades and then was home schooled from 4-6 grades. I tried junior high but didn't really like it so I went back to home school for 8th grade. Then we moved and the HS was almost an hour away so I stayed in home school for 9th and part of 10th until we moved again and then I just went to a regular HS until I graduated.

When I was little, having to dress to go to school wasn't an issue, but after three years of not having to do it, I think that was part of why I didn't like going into junior high. I was glad when we moved and I could go another few years without having to get dressed for school or deciding that it was too nice of a day to be stuck inside. By the time I was 15 I wanted to be around other kids my age, so I was kinda glad to go back to school.

I know several naturist families that home-school their children. The children are all well behaved, very bright, and are wonderful in both nude and textile functions. One family had 3 children 14(F), 12(M), 8(f). The mother is a chemist by profession and the kids do dress for safety --- but the family is nude at dinner.(There are in WI). Another family (in CT) had 4 children who are not 20, 16,15-15 MFFM (last two are twins) again they were raise as naturist and the kids still are active with it.

AANR should have some information on this topic.

I was not much of a nudist as a homeschooled student, but as adults, my fiance and I are both in favor of naturist ideas, including nudity. We're kind of new to the lifestyle (our parents weren't in favor of it, so we couldn't really live like nudists/naturists until we were on our own) but when we have and are home educating children some day, we intend to raise them to be as comfortable in their own skin as they are in clothing, and we will not force them to wear clothes except for the purpose of going out in public, protection, or simply if it suits them to do so.

I've never heard of any nudist/naturist schools before. There could be some legality (or just safety) issues regarding child nudity without parental supervision... Homeschooling is a possibility, but I think it might be best to just send kids to a school with clothes and practice naturism with the family. They will need to learn to function in society, like going out in public, and public nudity is illegal in many places. There's nothing wrong with letting kids run around naked at home, but they need to learn the reality that nudity is not allowed in many situations.
CaDad

Montréal, Canada

#19 Jun 5, 2015
We are appealing for help. Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch is up for sale for 100 million dollars. MaltaMon and myself wish to purchase it to open a boys' recreation center. As well as the initial purchase, we need to expand the pool for nude swimming, and make additions to the gymnasiums for nude PE. Happily, there are already group showers, and all shower, locker facilities, toilets, and bedrooms already are equipped with special two - way mirrors, hidden cameras, and peaking holes. The tiny music studio will be modified to allow for a large boys' nude choir. The animal enclosures will be removed and replaced with wrestling studios.
Please give generously, we need to make this wet-dream a reality. Send your tax-deductible donation to myself, CaDad, Rocklin CA, or MaltaMon, care of Stanford University, CA, or to Phil, care of the Sslford School near Manchester, UK.
Malta Mon

Bournemouth, UK

#20 Jun 14, 2015
sujeet raj wrote:
GERMANTOWN, Tenn.– It was two days before Christmas and a 17-year old Houston High School student was visiting the home of a Shelby County Sheriff’s deputy.

It’s unclear why the girl was at the home, but it appears her father was aware she was there.

Around midnight Deputy William Franks brought the girl home, and sped off as soon as she got out of the car.

The girl didn’t have a key and apparently tried to enter her home through a doggie door.

Her parents heard her, asked questions, and called police.

Deputy William Franks told his superiors the teen was troubled and he and his wife were trying to help her.

During her visit to his home, Franks said the girl exposed herself to him.

He said, he told the girl the act was inappropriate, had her get dressed and brought her home.

Franks said he realized he should not have allowed the girl to be at his home, and that he should have made sure she was safely inside.

Franks also acknowledged in documents News Channel 3 obtained that he never reported the incident to the girl’s parents, because he didn’t want her to get into further trouble.

Franks only discussed the incident after the girl’s parents contacted police.

Franks works for the Shelby County Sheriff’s Department and is assigned to Houston High School where he worked as a resource officer.

Franks was removed from the school immediately after the incident.

At that point school officials, Germantown Police, and the Shelby County Sheriff’s Department would only report he was under investigation for something “inappropriate”.

In June, Franks was suspended for 30 days after the District Attorney’s office and Germantown Police didn’t find sufficient evidence to charge him with any type of crime.

Germantown Police won’t turn over reports to WREG detailing the parents complaint against of officer or explaining why the girl was at his home.

Germantown Police will not cite a reason why those documents are not being released.

Attorneys for Shelby County Government did release documents regarding Franks’ suspension once the investigation was completed.

The documents detailing his suspension and multiple sources close to the investigation revealed the details of the allegations he faced and his responses to them.

In those documents Franks said,“I didn’t want to get her into any further trouble, its one of those things I thought would go away.”

Franks went on to say ” I made a bad decision and I wish I could go back and change it.”

Franks will not return to Houston High and but will remain his job while being on permanent probation.
mcarrigan

Ontario, CA

#21 Jun 14, 2015
zoom

Long Beach, CA

#22 Jun 27, 2015
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Ashley987654.
In that case, you have lain the foundation on which we may build an understanding.
Ronald
"..have lain..."??? Obviously you did not pay attention when grammar was being taught in school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spanking Phil And MaltaMon (S.P.A.M. ) 58 min Phil 6
Do you think I deserved a paddling I got in sch... 1 hr Wicjed Nasty Child 28
testschamp full of viruses! 1 hr testschamp 1
Cisco 200-355 a virus! 1 hr dante 1
Cisco 200-355 questions and answers, 200-355 pr... 1 hr dante 1
3100 Test Questions Practice Exam Questions 4 hr testschamp 1
Pass 3002 Exam Questions Practice With VCE Test 4 hr testschamp 1
More from around the web