NY Times Falsely Hints Racism Played a Role in Atlanta Schools Cheating Scandal

Apr 3, 2013 Full story: Media Research Center 12

Kim Severson and Robbie Brown reported on a chaotic Tuesday in Atlanta for Wednesday's New York Times , as teachers and administrators indicted for altering student test scores to inflate achievement levels either reported or failed to report to jail -- " Divisions Form In Atlanta As Bail Is Set In School Case ." The Times willingly passed on the ... (more)

Full Story
icouldusesomehel p 2016

Jefferson, GA

#1 Apr 3, 2013
waaa waaa waaa waaa. I dinnit do nuffin dem charges is bogus and waycisss. Dem white folks bees waycisss cuz dey don't bees liking black folk and sheet. waaa waaa waaa waycisss, waycisss, waycisss, waycisss, waycisss,..........waycisss, waycisss, waycisss, waycisss..........
icouldusesomehel p 2016

Jefferson, GA

#3 Apr 3, 2013
waycisss, waycisss, waycisss, waycisss......
car mat

Lexington, KY

#4 Apr 3, 2013
uncle obama is on his way along with al sharptounge and jesse jackson jr wearing his fur coat

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5 Apr 4, 2013
If a black criminal gets caught, this is the first thing it screams. I heard some children born by ghetto thug mammies teach their little children "That's racist!" as their first sentence. It is no surprise to me the most liberal newspaper in America would use the same defense for the black teachers who stole the education of Atlanta's children. Liberal yankees are so infantile and imbecilic they put their ignorance in print. Bless their little heart.
Justin

United States

#7 Apr 4, 2013
I don't think it's been reported what percentage of the victims were black. However, when I see local news reports, it almost always black students and parents who say there were targeted.

If 90% or more of the victims targeted by these teachers were black, then would this be a race based crime.

What do you guys think?
Justin

United States

#8 Apr 4, 2013
Do the defendents really want to bring up race as a possible motive?
Justin

United States

#9 Apr 4, 2013
"Racial prejudice" is when you look at a person and then make pre-judgements about them based on their race.

"Racial discrimination" is when you treat people differently based on their race.

There may very well be racial prejudice and discrimination on the part of some actors in this story, but who are they?
Real World

Atlanta, GA

#10 Apr 4, 2013
icouldusesomehel p 2016 wrote:
waaa waaa waaa waaa. I dinnit do nuffin dem charges is bogus and waycisss. Dem white folks bees waycisss cuz dey don't bees liking black folk and sheet. waaa waaa waaa waycisss, waycisss, waycisss, waycisss, waycisss,.........waycisss, waycisss, waycisss, waycisss..........
LOL
I dont care who you are thats funny !!
In this case they did not have a white person to blame in on cause they are all black.
What did the Department of Education think was going to happen wheN they said if these STUDENT test scores go up you will get bonus money.
These educators got where they are because of color not because of their knowledge of teaching kids in school.
I guess the only thing these students learned from these educators was "Take the Money and then Lie about it.

What a lesson HUH !!!
Justin

United States

#12 Apr 4, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
No Atlanta Public Schools in the "Northern" section where whites predominate, were in the cheating scandal.
http://www.gadoe.org/Pages/Report-Card.aspx
Right, that's my impression too.

So, why were these teachers only targeting students in predominently black schools?

Beverly Hall was superintendent over the entire Atlanta Public School System, even the northern white schools. Where are all the white students who had grades changes and where are the white teachers who have come forward to say they were pressured into changing grades?
Justin

United States

#13 Apr 4, 2013
Racial prejudice and discrimination ultimately hurts the targeted individual, even when it's done with the best of intentions. That's the take away from all this mess.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#16 Apr 4, 2013
Real World wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I dont care who you are thats funny !!
In this case they did not have a white person to blame in on cause they are all black.
What did the Department of Education think was going to happen wheN they said if these STUDENT test scores go up you will get bonus money.
These educators got where they are because of color not because of their knowledge of teaching kids in school.
I guess the only thing these students learned from these educators was "Take the Money and then Lie about it.
What a lesson HUH !!!
They hoped the lazy ineffective ones making as much as the good teachers would start teaching when the test scores showed how inept they were at their jobs, but they didn't factor in the number of criminals working in our public schools under the guise of "educators".

I am reminded of the guy responding to his boss who just fired him. The employee said, "You fired me 'cause I'm black". The boss replied, "No, I hired you because you are black, I'm firing you because you are useless".
icouldusesomehel p 2016

Dawsonville, GA

#17 Apr 4, 2013
lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
They hoped the lazy ineffective ones making as much as the good teachers would start teaching when the test scores showed how inept they were at their jobs, but they didn't factor in the number of criminals working in our public schools under the guise of "educators".
I am reminded of the guy responding to his boss who just fired him. The employee said, "You fired me 'cause I'm black". The boss replied, "No, I hired you because you are black, I'm firing you because you are useless".
The "nut" will soon respond to lighteredknot's post by calling him some predictable names and ending it by calling lighteredknot the dreaded R-word. 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1..... Ladies and Gentlemen, from parts unknown, weight unknown, we give you "the nut."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ArchiMate Certification OG0-021 dumps 4 hr passexam 1
EMC certification E20-591 dumps 4 hr passexam 1
Huawei H11-811-ENU exam practice test 4 hr passexam 1
Adobe 9A0-327 exam dumps 5 hr passexam 1
IBM test C2180-274 questions 5 hr passexam 1
Envy of Chinese kids is bad for U.S. and for China Sun SHlTWORMKYOKODEBD... 2
Student Sues Over SAT Error (Apr '06) Sat MaltaMon 8
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••